ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > Inattentive ADD
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Inattentive ADD A forum set aside for the the discussion of inattention and inattentive ADD

View Poll Results: Do you struggle with the same thing?
Yes, I'm ADHD-PI 5 83.33%
No, I'm ADHD-PI 0 0%
Yes, I'm not ADHD-PI 1 16.67%
No, I'm not ADHD-PI 0 0%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-27-18, 11:08 AM

Avaliv is on a distinguished road
ADHD-PI and Anger

Hi!

I find many articles online about ADHD and anger. However, I rarely identify with them. Maybe that is because they're more about ADHD -C and -H but I'm not sure. For many, the problem seems to be emotional impulsivity. I'm sometimes impulsive too, but not particularly. For me the problem is not being able to let go of my emotions, especially anger. In an argument my reaction is quite normal, compared to the neurotypical people around me. However my anger and sadness over a small argument can last for many hours straight and it seems there is no way for me to let go. This kind of paralyzes me and I find it extremely frustrating. Does anyone here have the same problem? What have you found helpful? Is it a ADHD-PI -thing?

Thank you in advance for all the answers!
The Following User Says Thank You to Avaliv For This Useful Post:
Greyhound1 (05-28-18)