ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > General ADD Talk
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-31-18, 07:52 PM
Contributor

Carol has disabled reputation
How do I clear out this house to sell before foreclosure?

Iím in a panic. I'm trying to sell my house before the bank auctions it, but it is completely piled high with clutter. I dont know how much time I have. Iíve been living in the Bahamas, my husband was Bahamian, he died almost 2 years ago. Business is bad and our home here went into foreclosure.

The bank here sold the mortgage to a lender in another state. I dont know what that means for the foreclosure here in Florida. I didn't homestead the house, because my husband was a foreigner. I think i could have but didnt.

I came 3 weeks ago and haven't made a dent. Today, i finally upped my medication and finally got busy. But looking at the monumental task before me, I am completely panicked.

What happens if I canít get it done. Iíve been throwing most stuff away, but there so much. Even lugging the garbage bags out the door is exhausting. I look around and imagine the entire contents in garbage bags. It would take hundreds. The two-car garage is also completely full. I dont know what it costs to have a ďcrewĒ come in.

To make matters worse, my husbandís will is here somewhere, I think. I didn't know it would be so serious if I lost it. How stupid. I was careless with it.
namazu (05-31-18)