ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > Men with ADD/ADHD
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Men with ADD/ADHD This forum is for men to discuss issues related to being a man with AD/HD.

Old 06-03-18, 07:02 PM

JakeH99 is on a distinguished road
Crazy fast metabolism wrecking my ADHD med benefits

Hey all, I've tried various medicines for ADHD. I metabolize stimulants very fast, so not many options are very effective for me (even long-acting medicines). I'm feeling pretty frustrated with my doctor because he won't let me change my medicines even after being on the same ones for nearly 6 months now because he wants to see some "long-term stability" with my medicine regimen. I asked him today, nearly 6 months later after making a medicine change, if he would let me try something for the depression I get with ADHD, and he told me to try therapy and/or go into in-patient in the hospital which I have already been in in-patient twice before voluntarily, and I've had 6 therapists in the past 7 years, so I feel totally neglected and given up on by my physician.
The Following User Says Thank You to JakeH99 For This Useful Post:
namazu (06-04-18)
Old 06-03-18, 08:35 PM
Contributor

CharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to all
Re: Crazy fast metabolism wrecking my ADHD med benefits

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeH99 View Post
I've had 6 therapists in the past 7 years, so I feel totally neglected and given up on by my physician.
Did you leave your therapists? Or did they leave you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeH99 View Post
I asked him today, nearly 6 months later after making a medicine change, if he would let me try something for the depression I get with ADHD, and he told me to try therapy and/or go into in-patient in the hospital.
Does he agree with you that you have clinical depression? And what medicines were you proposing for your depression? Do you have past experience with medication for your depression?
The Following User Says Thank You to CharlesH For This Useful Post:
namazu (06-04-18)
Old 06-03-18, 08:40 PM

Thanked 33,357 Times in 15,067 Posts
peripatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond repute

that's pretty harsh to tell you to go IP for your depression. do you need to go in right now? are you able to keep yourself safe?
The Following User Says Thank You to peripatetic For This Useful Post:
namazu (06-04-18)
Sponsored Links
Old 06-04-18, 03:05 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 31,174 Times in 14,303 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

Run the other way. His lack of compassion, empathy and knowledge means he is no good for you.

I carried a watermelon?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
Gypsy Willow (06-04-18), namazu (06-04-18)