ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > General ADD Talk
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 05-15-11, 05:38 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 3,639 Times in 1,734 Posts
Impetus has a reputation beyond reputeImpetus has a reputation beyond reputeImpetus has a reputation beyond reputeImpetus has a reputation beyond reputeImpetus has a reputation beyond reputeImpetus has a reputation beyond reputeImpetus has a reputation beyond reputeImpetus has a reputation beyond reputeImpetus has a reputation beyond reputeImpetus has a reputation beyond reputeImpetus has a reputation beyond repute
do you react or respond to small annoyances??

do people like to pester you just to see if they will get a reaction??

I find it very annoying and pretty rude. How do you cope with it??

Do you yourself ever push other people's buttons just for the fun of it??

when do you think the button pushing has gone too far??
I often warn people: "Somewhere along the way, someone is going to tell you, 'There is no "I" in team.' What you should tell them is, 'Maybe not. But there is an "I" in independence, individuality and integrity.
-George Carlin
Old 05-15-11, 05:41 PM

Thanked 8,490 Times in 2,827 Posts
RedHairedWitch has a reputation beyond reputeRedHairedWitch has a reputation beyond reputeRedHairedWitch has a reputation beyond reputeRedHairedWitch has a reputation beyond reputeRedHairedWitch has a reputation beyond reputeRedHairedWitch has a reputation beyond reputeRedHairedWitch has a reputation beyond reputeRedHairedWitch has a reputation beyond reputeRedHairedWitch has a reputation beyond reputeRedHairedWitch has a reputation beyond reputeRedHairedWitch has a reputation beyond repute
Re: do you react or respond to small annoyances??

Many years of practising my poker face and breathing exercises. Now I terribly disappoint people when I don't react. teehee
The absurdity of working so hard to continue doing something you don't like can be overwhelming. And the longer it takes to feel different, the more it starts to seem like everything might actually be hopeless bull. ~ Hyperbole and a Half
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RedHairedWitch For This Useful Post:
Impetus (05-15-11), Song of Mercy (05-15-11)
Old 05-15-11, 05:48 PM

Impetus has a reputation beyond reputeImpetus has a reputation beyond reputeImpetus has a reputation beyond reputeImpetus has a reputation beyond reputeImpetus has a reputation beyond reputeImpetus has a reputation beyond reputeImpetus has a reputation beyond reputeImpetus has a reputation beyond reputeImpetus has a reputation beyond reputeImpetus has a reputation beyond reputeImpetus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHairedWitch View Post
Many years of practising my poker face and breathing exercises. Now I terribly disappoint people when I don't react. teehee
my poker face is getting better, with practice. But before meds I really would go off the deep end! only b/c I didn't even know I was in the deep end until it was too late.
I often warn people: "Somewhere along the way, someone is going to tell you, 'There is no "I" in team.' What you should tell them is, 'Maybe not. But there is an "I" in independence, individuality and integrity.
-George Carlin
The Following User Says Thank You to Impetus For This Useful Post:
RedHairedWitch (05-15-11)
Sponsored Links
Old 05-15-11, 06:23 PM

Thanked 3,129 Times in 1,638 Posts
Song of Mercy has a brilliant futureSong of Mercy has a brilliant futureSong of Mercy has a brilliant futureSong of Mercy has a brilliant futureSong of Mercy has a brilliant futureSong of Mercy has a brilliant futureSong of Mercy has a brilliant futureSong of Mercy has a brilliant futureSong of Mercy has a brilliant futureSong of Mercy has a brilliant futureSong of Mercy has a brilliant future

Because of distraction I think I used to let small annoyances float over my head until BAM reaction. I have been taking a class on healthy confrontation and anger management and have been really working on addressing things early. I still snap some but it is so much less than it was. Sooo, major REACTOR here in the process of crossing over to being a major RESPONDER.
Impetus (05-15-11)
Old 05-15-11, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Song of Mercy View Post
Because of distraction I think I used to let small annoyances float over my head until BAM reaction. I have been taking a class on healthy confrontation and anger management and have been really working on addressing things early. I still snap some but it is so much less than it was. Sooo, major REACTOR here in the process of crossing over to being a major RESPONDER.
oh wow, where did you find that class??
-George Carlin
The Following User Says Thank You to Impetus For This Useful Post:
Song of Mercy (05-15-11)
Old 05-15-11, 09:37 PM

Thanked 3,129 Times in 1,638 Posts
Song of Mercy has a brilliant futureSong of Mercy has a brilliant futureSong of Mercy has a brilliant futureSong of Mercy has a brilliant futureSong of Mercy has a brilliant futureSong of Mercy has a brilliant futureSong of Mercy has a brilliant futureSong of Mercy has a brilliant futureSong of Mercy has a brilliant futureSong of Mercy has a brilliant futureSong of Mercy has a brilliant future

It's a 12 step religious based life recovery program, and I guess the spiritual tumblers clicked cause all kinds of peeps with all kinds of problems are getting help. The third 12 week session was anger, the 4 th 12 session is conflict management. The first two session were focused on self esteem and letting go of all your past hurts. I have one more session after conflict and I will graduate.
Impetus (05-15-11)
Old 05-15-11, 11:21 PM

agggisjd is on a distinguished road

Uhhh, I get mad and yell(or talk desending on how annoying they are), if it's my brother I'll punch, him.I don't cope with it...
Impetus (05-16-11)
Old 05-16-11, 03:43 AM

Thanked 8,347 Times in 3,313 Posts
salleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond repute

Mostly I shine them on ......except behind the wheel, then I yell and make suggestions as to how the idiot driver I see might improve their driving .....actually , it's a stand up act monologue I do all by myself in the car ......

but I have years of practice controlling my temper, when I was young, I was pretty firery......

....This isn't life in the fast lane, it's life in the oncoming traffic lane"
Terry Pratchett

....If you're going through hell, ......keep going.....
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to salleh For This Useful Post:
gonavy (05-17-11), Impetus (05-16-11)
Old 05-16-11, 05:16 AM

mos5618 has a spectacular aura aboutmos5618 has a spectacular aura about

Unfortunately, I sometimes do react to them... can't really control the impulse yet
I can get really upset when I'm disturbed while doing something. On the one hand, I also hate it when someone walks into the room when I'm busy, but on the other hand I often walk into other people's rooms when they are busy. It's like sometimes my brain just doesn't seem to notice what I'm doing.

I hope it will get better with meds.

Ecky ecky ecky ecky ecky ecky pakaaang zoom boing!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mos5618 For This Useful Post:
gonavy (05-17-11), Impetus (05-16-11)
Old 05-16-11, 09:37 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 31,156 Times in 14,289 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

Because of my sensitivity small things always bother me but not in an angry way. I don't think I push buttons but I'm sure I have at some point. Some people here get to me when they are mean or inappropriate but I really try to see the other side and help even if I'm ****ed off

I carried a watermelon?
The Following User Says Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
Impetus (05-16-11)
Old 05-16-11, 06:34 PM
Contributor

x6eze is a glorious beacon of lightx6eze is a glorious beacon of lightx6eze is a glorious beacon of lightx6eze is a glorious beacon of lightx6eze is a glorious beacon of light

About...This way
  • 40mg Adderall XR (AM)
  • 30mg Adderall IR (PM)
"Change the world or go home" - Microsoft employee slogan
The Following User Says Thank You to x6eze For This Useful Post:
Impetus (05-17-11)
Old 05-16-11, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by agggisjd View Post
Uhhh, I get mad and yell(or talk desending on how annoying they are), if it's my brother I'll punch, him.I don't cope with it...
I got in BIG trouble pretty early on for punching.... like sent home from pre school for cold cocking a little boy that messed with my toy. And I also intentionally vomited on a little boy that picked on me in third grade. He kept his distance after that....

Quote:
Originally Posted by salleh View Post
Mostly I shine them on ......except behind the wheel, then I yell and make suggestions as to how the idiot driver I see might improve their driving .....actually , it's a stand up act monologue I do all by myself in the car ......

but I have years of practice controlling my temper, when I was young, I was pretty firery......
I can actually keep my cool pretty well in the car. It's like it's easier for me to presume someone didn't see me, so they didn't mean to be a jerk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mos5618 View Post
Unfortunately, I sometimes do react to them... can't really control the impulse yet
I can get really upset when I'm disturbed while doing something. On the one hand, I also hate it when someone walks into the room when I'm busy, but on the other hand I often walk into other people's rooms when they are busy. It's like sometimes my brain just doesn't seem to notice what I'm doing.

I hope it will get better with meds.
I can get very mean if you interrupt me when I am focused on something. I have been working on letting people wait for me. It's amazing, other people are super patient!
-George Carlin
Old 05-16-11, 09:03 PM

Thanked 10,525 Times in 5,692 Posts
Rebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond repute

Its gone to far when Im cussing slamming kicking things an storming out.I look like an italian on crack when Im mad oh yeah the hands are going and so is the mouth.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rebelyell For This Useful Post:
Impetus (05-16-11)
Old 05-16-11, 10:39 PM

Thanked 10,525 Times in 5,692 Posts
Rebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond repute

Hey I never said I wasnt a maniac.
Old 05-16-11, 10:58 PM
ADDvanced Member

Grunny will become famous soon enough

I have never pushed other people's buttons just for the kick of it. I was to sissy or 'respectful'.

People have tried pushing mine. But i was just to dull. Nothing effected me. Most times i didn't even notice. Now with Ritalin on my mind it's just a matter of time.