ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 09-09-11, 12:49 PM
Moderator of all seasons

Thanked 16,248 Times in 8,216 Posts
anonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Small Successes

I took my car into the shop, and I called 3 places to get prices. I also went to the store and was making jokes with the people in line, including the lady ringing me up.

~Paulo Coelho
The Following User Says Thank You to anonymouslyadd For This Useful Post:
Unmanagable (09-09-11)
Old 09-09-11, 03:26 PM
Societal Malarkey Sorter

Thanked 17,789 Times in 8,902 Posts
Unmanagable has disabled reputation

I've managed to practice daily meditation for a whole month!!

Even though it was quite a struggle to find a type of meditation that I could get into, enjoy, and "want" to do daily, I am endlessly fascinated with how much better it makes me feel from the inside out.

I used to think it was just a bunch of mumbo jumbo stuff that the "new age hippies" talked about and didn't feel it was worth even trying. Silly me.
The Following User Says Thank You to Unmanagable For This Useful Post:
anonymouslyadd (09-09-11)
Old 09-09-11, 10:23 PM
Moderator of all seasons

anonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond repute

I paid my term bill, brought my suit to the cleaners, went door to door and signed up three people, and did a shoulder workout.

~Paulo Coelho
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to anonymouslyadd For This Useful Post:
tired1823 (09-09-11), Unmanagable (09-10-11)
Sponsored Links
Old 09-16-11, 02:29 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 4,317 Times in 1,871 Posts
pechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond repute

Before:

After:

"I find a duck's opinion of me is very much influenced by whether or not I have bread. Ducks love bread, but they can't buy any. That's the biggest joke on the duck ever."
Mitch Hedberg

"You would be the world's worst ninja."
Pechemignonne's boyfriend
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to pechemignonne For This Useful Post:
anonymouslyadd (09-16-11), Blueranne (09-16-11), BR549 (09-16-11), pooka (09-20-11), stef (09-16-11), SweetCode (09-20-11), Unmanagable (09-19-11)
Old 09-16-11, 03:42 PM
Moderator of all seasons

^^^^^^^Good for you.

~Paulo Coelho
pechemignonne (09-18-11), Unmanagable (09-19-11)
Old 09-16-11, 05:02 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

CrushCrush is a jewel in the roughCrushCrush is a jewel in the roughCrushCrush is a jewel in the rough

CONGRATS!!!!

Wow so happy!!! First achievement!!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CrushCrush For This Useful Post:
Old 09-16-11, 06:07 PM
Zen moderator

Thanked 26,845 Times in 13,040 Posts
stef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond repute

During my lunch hour - I managed to find, try on, and buy a comfortable white shirt I need for tomorrow (for a concert); usually I wear this white polo type shirt that's not cut quite right, makes my upper arms look fat, and drives me completely insane.
The Following User Says Thank You to stef For This Useful Post:
Unmanagable (09-19-11)
Old 09-18-11, 10:10 PM
Moderator of all seasons

I just ended a relationship with someone I had been on and off with for a while. I told her I didn't want to get physical or anything. I set a boundary. I met my needs. I faced the anxiety and uncomfortableness head on. I'm so proud of myself.

I did it in a nice way too.

~Paulo Coelho
Old 09-19-11, 02:44 PM
Moderator of all seasons

1. I emailed Dr. Barkley.
  2. I printed out a letter at Fedex.
  3. I delivered that letter to the human resources office of a company I'm trying to get a job with.
  4. I emailed someone with a message I voice recorded.
  5. I sent that email to her.
  6. I left a message on the answering machine for someone I need to interview.

~Paulo Coelho
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to anonymouslyadd For This Useful Post:
pechemignonne (09-19-11), pooka (09-20-11), Unmanagable (09-19-11)
Old 09-19-11, 03:51 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 4,317 Times in 1,871 Posts
pechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't go on these forums all day at work, except on my break and lunch! Yay me!

"I find a duck's opinion of me is very much influenced by whether or not I have bread. Ducks love bread, but they can't buy any. That's the biggest joke on the duck ever."
Mitch Hedberg

"You would be the world's worst ninja."
Pechemignonne's boyfriend
The Following User Says Thank You to pechemignonne For This Useful Post:
Unmanagable (09-19-11)
Old 09-19-11, 04:49 PM
Societal Malarkey Sorter

Thanked 17,789 Times in 8,902 Posts
Unmanagable has disabled reputation

I have been successful in setting aside 30 minutes at the beginning and end of each day for yoga and mediatation. That 60 minute time frame, in addition to maintaining a regular med schedule, has made significant improvements in how I respond to the things that used to totally trip my trigger.

Next step is to work on that darn gym motivation.
The Following User Says Thank You to Unmanagable For This Useful Post:
pechemignonne (09-19-11)
Old 09-19-11, 11:24 PM
ADDvanced Member

nwbucket is just really nicenwbucket is just really nicenwbucket is just really nicenwbucket is just really nice

I went to work (although very late)
Although short, the 10 minutes that I did work was productive
I made it to another "good night" with my boys
The Following User Says Thank You to nwbucket For This Useful Post:
anonymouslyadd (09-19-11)
Old 09-20-11, 12:35 AM
mod of many colors

Thanked 3,304 Times in 1,578 Posts
pooka has a reputation beyond reputepooka has a reputation beyond reputepooka has a reputation beyond reputepooka has a reputation beyond reputepooka has a reputation beyond reputepooka has a reputation beyond reputepooka has a reputation beyond reputepooka has a reputation beyond reputepooka has a reputation beyond reputepooka has a reputation beyond reputepooka has a reputation beyond repute

I took notes on the discussion we had in history class today!
The Following User Says Thank You to pooka For This Useful Post:
pechemignonne (09-26-11)
Old 09-20-11, 05:29 PM
Contributor

SweetCode is a splendid one to beholdSweetCode is a splendid one to beholdSweetCode is a splendid one to beholdSweetCode is a splendid one to beholdSweetCode is a splendid one to beholdSweetCode is a splendid one to beholdSweetCode is a splendid one to behold

I have paid my taxes and bills, scheduled upcoming bills and partially cleaned my bedroom

Meds: Ritalin IR 10mg + Vyvanse 50mg 1x/day | Pantoprazole 40mg 2x/day
Disclaimer: (If you see me posting something related with meds , please remember that I am not a doctor , I like to research but please don't take any action from my advices without talking with your doctor.)
Old 09-25-11, 02:48 AM
Moderator of all seasons

I was exhausted driving myself and my friend home. We made it home safe.

~Paulo Coelho