ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 06-01-15, 07:29 PM
Artisan of Shenanigans

Thanked 4,767 Times in 3,105 Posts
Conman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Small Successes

also there was a glitch in the notifications department of where my job is, so i never got the email they were supposed to send me.

i was supposed to be working all last week but i started my first paying job today too.

life is looking up

-Hunter S. Thompson
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Conman For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (06-01-15), psychopathetic (06-01-15), stef (06-05-15)
Old 06-02-15, 02:21 AM
ADDvanced Member

phazonConduit is a jewel in the roughphazonConduit is a jewel in the roughphazonConduit is a jewel in the rough

I fully paid during my sociology lecture without falling asleep or spacing out (laughed at the cynical comments my professor made but as an act of acknowledgment due to comprehending the material) and managed to write a list of the 10+ large assignments I have due this week and attempting to take each one down, one by one.
The Following User Says Thank You to phazonConduit For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (06-02-15)
Old 06-02-15, 06:57 PM
e-(((hug))) extraordinaire!

Thanked 14,285 Times in 7,104 Posts
psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

Just saw my med doc after not seeing him for a year. He's got me on some more meds again
/sigh
Now to stay on them. I'm great at starting meds...not so great at sticking with them (especially when I don't "feel" them helping). We'll see...at least I kept my appointment with him.

(((((((MOM)))))))
I'll always fondly remember.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (06-02-15), phazonConduit (06-03-15), Pilgrim (06-03-15)
Sponsored Links
Old 06-02-15, 09:44 PM

psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

And...all my blood tests except my a1c (diabetes) are in the normal ranges . Last time I saw my doc I had a lot of things out of whack and he thought I had some issues with my liver...but now everything is all good .
Also...though I haven't lost any weight...I haven't gained any either. So that's nice.

Oh, and there's a new program my doc is going to get me into (my insurance will cover it) to help me get this diabetes thing under control. Don't know a lot about it yet...but I'm not doing so good handling this on my own, so I'm looking forward to getting some outside help. (Also, they're going to give me a scale I get to keep that has built in wifi so it'll communicate with my phone and computer. Lol pretty neat. It also sends the data to them through my internet).

(((((((MOM)))))))

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
phazonConduit (06-03-15), stef (06-03-15)
Old 06-03-15, 08:21 AM
ADDvanced Member

phazonConduit is a jewel in the roughphazonConduit is a jewel in the roughphazonConduit is a jewel in the rough

Accepted defeat and will turn a paper in late--this is only so I can get my next assignment done and over with.

I also started journaling in a new journal because I thought I lost my old one, so I bought a new one...only to find my old one on my bedroom's window sill after having already started on the new one, so I've ultimately designated the old one as a doodle log.

I see you want a taste,
But don’t want to wreck your life
I think you know the game,
So go ahead and take a bite

- Prurient || Crosses (†††)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to phazonConduit For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (06-03-15), psychopathetic (06-03-15)
Old 06-05-15, 04:25 PM

Omgosh guys

I've landed an interview!
Don't have much time atm...but a guy just left me a msg asking for me to call him back to day to set up a time next week to sit down and talk to him about the job opening at a local retirement center (directly across the street from me)!

haha...okay, I gotta get going.
I'll gab more later!

(((((((MOM)))))))

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
anonymouslyadd (06-05-15), Little Missy (06-05-15), phazonConduit (06-06-15), stef (06-05-15)
Old 06-05-15, 05:24 PM
Moderator of all seasons

Thanked 16,248 Times in 8,216 Posts
anonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond repute

I got my guys to sign their write ups and gave away the paperwork I'd been holding on to.

~Paulo Coelho
The Following User Says Thank You to anonymouslyadd For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (06-05-15)
Old 06-06-15, 02:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychopathetic View Post
Omgosh guys

I've landed an interview!
Don't have much time atm...but a guy just left me a msg asking for me to call him back to day to set up a time next week to sit down and talk to him about the job opening at a local retirement center (directly across the street from me)!

haha...okay, I gotta get going.
I'll gab more later!
Monday at 2pm!
That's when I meet with the director of the Life Enrichment And Activities Department.

I keep switching between super excited, and scared! I'm SO scared I'm going to get the job, only to quit soon after.
I think if I can just make it through the first 2 or 3 weeks...get over that initial hump...I should be able to hold on.

And I'm doing a bit of research on the job, and omg...it sounds so amazing! It sounds like a lot of work and a lot of planning, but SO rewarding and SO much fun!

I was also on the place's website the other day and read everything the site had to be read hehe. There was also a 20 min youtube video they have posted there I watched, and it really got me pumped. A lot of it sounds cheesy...their values and their ideals about how they treat the people who live there, and who they hire to work there...but it really actually touched me and really has me excited. I feel like I'm going to be a perfect fit to work there. I have the same core values and beliefs that they seem to desire, and I really think if I can stick with it I'm going to shine there!

Oh my goodness Monday can NOT get here soon enough.

Gah though. I'm trying to not get too overly excited. I'm good at doing that. And then crashing when reality sinks in and things don't turn out to be quite as exciting as I had them worked up to be in my head. Than I have a hard time sticking with whatever it is.

I haven't gotten the job yet. Just an interview...but I really have a good feeling about this.

...And there's the fear again! It just came back to me. This is a pretty big deal...I sure hope I can handle this!
/gulp!

(((Hugs)))

(((((((MOM)))))))

The Following User Says Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
phazonConduit (06-07-15)
Old 06-08-15, 06:15 PM

Taking the bull by the horns, picking myself up, dusting myself off...fighting through all my doubts, anxieties and fears...and really fighting for myself today. Falling down, standing back up, putting my chin high in the air...and fighting for something I'm very passionate about.
Not giving in.
Not letting myself settle with another failed attempt.

I'm damned proud of all that I've accomplished today. I feel as if I took a huge stride in my life today.
Even if I don't get the job I've applied for...damn I'm going to walk away feeling proud for how I handled myself throughout. The incredibly personal cover letter...and the going back after a not so great interview to really open up and fight for the position.
So proud!
I kinda sorta (self conceited) love this fighting side of me! Fighting for what's right! And I am SO the right person for this position! I can feel it in my soul!

(((((((MOM)))))))

stef (06-09-15)
Old 06-08-15, 06:22 PM
Moderator of all seasons

anonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond repute

I did some light shopping.

~Paulo Coelho
psychopathetic (06-08-15)
Old 06-08-15, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymouslyadd View Post
I did some light shopping.
So...did you pick up any pretty lamps than? Or perhaps some nice bulbs?

(((((((MOM)))))))

anonymouslyadd (06-09-15)
Old 06-09-15, 06:18 AM
Zen moderator

Thanked 26,845 Times in 13,040 Posts
stef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond repute

Got my stapler fixed (I had 2 that were broken, it was so annoying!)
Old 06-09-15, 08:21 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 21,086 Times in 11,256 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by stef View Post
Got my stapler fixed (I had 2 that were broken, it was so annoying!)
OT, forgive me, but I have none other than four staplers from the Stone Age from my mother's "necessities" collection that are virtually repair-free AND indestructible and they each weigh a ton!

I have no successes to report. Carry on.

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
The Following User Says Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
stef (06-09-15)
Old 06-10-15, 02:45 AM
Moderator of all seasons

I biked for about 15 minutes, hosted a conference call and finished my outline.

~Paulo Coelho
psychopathetic (06-10-15)
Old 06-10-15, 03:27 AM

lol I took out a loan a couple of years ago through my bank to buy a bike. It's all decked out too...I even bought a mount to place my phone on it, and bought a speedometer/computer dongle thingy that connects to my phone via bluetooth. In all I have about $900 into it.
I've ridden it a total of 3 times.
>.<'

It now sits in my bedroom looking cool as hell. haha
It's something I'm glad I own though. One day!

Also, outline for what? And I hope the conference call went well! I suck at talking over phones lol.

(((((((MOM)))))))

anonymouslyadd (06-10-15)