ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > General ADD Talk
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 08-14-12, 11:56 PM
ADDvanced Member

Beekeeper has a spectacular aura aboutBeekeeper has a spectacular aura about
Talking What did you accomplish today that made you happy?

I love the "positive things about you" thread idea, so here's something along the same lines.

What did you do today that made you happy, or made you feel good? Or something you're proud of?

With the help of a friend, I hung two doors that have been off their hinges for two years.
The Following User Says Thank You to Beekeeper For This Useful Post:
Unmanagable (08-15-12)
Old 08-15-12, 12:32 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 7,909 Times in 4,072 Posts
fracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What did you accomplish today that made you happy?

Managed to edit a part of this chapter. My ability to draw Sonic the Hedgehog is getting better.

The fact that I got anything done is a miracle. In the morning I didn't even think getting out of bed was possible.
Old 08-15-12, 12:38 AM

Thanked 8,347 Times in 3,313 Posts
salleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond repute

I found out that a vintage sterling Mexican bracelet I haven't been able to sell at the flea market is actually a designer piece from the 1940s,m by a guy named Juan Luis Flores, and he is considered one of the "Masters" of Taxco silver jewelry and has been for about 50 years ! ....what I couldn't sell for the price of the silver ( about 35 bucks) is really worth about $170 !@

I love finding out stuff like that...

I also go 5 watches listed on ebay ....and that is a chore ! .....I hate listing stuff ....but I like it when it sells !

and I got 4 coats of finish on 2 huge coffee tables......

....This isn't life in the fast lane, it's life in the oncoming traffic lane"
Terry Pratchett

....If you're going through hell, ......keep going.....
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to salleh For This Useful Post:
danelady (08-18-12), Drewbacca (08-15-12)
Sponsored Links
Old 08-15-12, 01:02 AM
Artisan of Shenanigans

Thanked 4,767 Times in 3,105 Posts
Conman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond repute

found a cool band that played a song in a banned movie's trailer

-Hunter S. Thompson
Old 08-15-12, 02:01 AM
ADDvanced Member

Targaryen will become famous soon enough

started drawing again and finished a drawing

Last edited by Targaryen; 08-15-12 at 02:03 AM.. Reason: added what I accomplished. was impulsive
The Following User Says Thank You to Targaryen For This Useful Post:
BellaVita (08-17-12)
Old 08-15-12, 05:05 AM
Societal Malarkey Sorter

Thanked 17,789 Times in 8,902 Posts
Unmanagable has disabled reputation

Got my step-daughter moved into her dorm in NY for her freshman year of college today and traveled back to VA without blowing a gasket.

Miracles really do happen!!!

*Whew*!

"You torment yourself wondering how they could not love your burning heart. And the answer darling, you are not the star you thought you were. You are the f******g universe and not everybody is an astronaut." ~Unknown
The Following User Says Thank You to Unmanagable For This Useful Post:
julesjampot (08-15-12)
Old 08-15-12, 10:28 AM
ADDvanced Contributor

Pamplemousse has much to be proud ofPamplemousse has much to be proud ofPamplemousse has much to be proud ofPamplemousse has much to be proud ofPamplemousse has much to be proud ofPamplemousse has much to be proud ofPamplemousse has much to be proud ofPamplemousse has much to be proud ofPamplemousse has much to be proud ofPamplemousse has much to be proud of

I started painting a model horse. And actually prepped it the right way because I wasn't rushing. Started to paint it too. Might actually finish this one!

I don't know, I just work here.
Old 08-15-12, 11:16 AM
ADDvanced Member

madadder is on a distinguished road

Two days ago I changed the transmission fluid and filter in my wife's car. It took about 5 hours, but I got it done! I plugged the drain tube into the wrong plug on the transmission when I went to flush the system. Instead of the oil going into a bucket, it all drained directly onto the garage floor without me knowing. I was supposed to refill it with oil as it came out, but I didn't see anything coming out so I didn't. I almost fried the transmission costing me $3500, but we shut it off in time barely, and the car runs better than ever.

But learning how to do this, and then actually spending the time to do it would never had happened if I weren't on stimulants. Yesterday I got home late from work, we planned out our finances and groceries for the whole week. Then we went grocery shopping and came back late, cooked an amazing Mexican meal, and still managed to get enough sleep. I think my wife is very happy with the changes in me.
Old 08-15-12, 11:31 AM

Thanked 21,929 Times in 7,991 Posts
ginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond repute

I spent all day yesterday fixing up my new place, I emptied the last of the boxes and got lots of organizing and cleaning done. I am going to hang.pictures and decorate tonight, if I'm not too beat. So tired I was in bed by ten. One of my most NT days in forever.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ginniebean For This Useful Post:
danelady (08-18-12), phantasm (08-15-12)
Old 08-15-12, 01:38 PM
ADDvanced Member

Ipsofacto has a spectacular aura aboutIpsofacto has a spectacular aura about

Yesterday I noticed throughout the day that I had relaxed slow diaphragm breathing. It's taken three months to achieve.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ipsofacto For This Useful Post:
phantasm (08-15-12)
Old 08-15-12, 02:36 PM

Thanked 2,284 Times in 1,126 Posts
phantasm has a brilliant futurephantasm has a brilliant futurephantasm has a brilliant futurephantasm has a brilliant futurephantasm has a brilliant futurephantasm has a brilliant futurephantasm has a brilliant futurephantasm has a brilliant futurephantasm has a brilliant futurephantasm has a brilliant futurephantasm has a brilliant future

I did yoga this morning!!

Takes me days to finally add a workout into my schedule. I always feel so great once i do a workout, I wish I could manage myself enough to do it everyday. Try again tomorrow..

There are no limits to what you can accomplish when you are suppose to be doing something else.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to phantasm For This Useful Post:
hanikamiya (08-15-12), Ipsofacto (08-16-12)
Old 08-15-12, 03:16 PM

Thanked 2,398 Times in 1,330 Posts
TheChemicals has disabled reputation

I learned the correct strum pattern for a song today during my lunch.
Old 08-15-12, 04:40 PM
Contributor

hanikamiya is a splendid one to beholdhanikamiya is a splendid one to beholdhanikamiya is a splendid one to beholdhanikamiya is a splendid one to beholdhanikamiya is a splendid one to beholdhanikamiya is a splendid one to beholdhanikamiya is a splendid one to beholdhanikamiya is a splendid one to behold

When I was finished with work I was quite happy. Went home and went to sleep my headache off - which actually worked for a change. That made me happy as well.
Old 08-15-12, 05:20 PM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

Thanked 1,917 Times in 823 Posts
keliza has a reputation beyond reputekeliza has a reputation beyond reputekeliza has a reputation beyond reputekeliza has a reputation beyond reputekeliza has a reputation beyond reputekeliza has a reputation beyond reputekeliza has a reputation beyond reputekeliza has a reputation beyond reputekeliza has a reputation beyond reputekeliza has a reputation beyond reputekeliza has a reputation beyond repute

I gave my dog a bath, which seems small but she is very large and part Chow, so bathing her takes about 30 minutes, plus another 20-30 minutes of blow-drying her double coat. It's a workout all by itself! But now she's so clean and fluffy.

"I've got a mountain to climb before I get over this hill
I've got the world to unwind before I ever sit still..."
- A Long Way to Get, Bob Schneider
The Following User Says Thank You to keliza For This Useful Post:
Assumption (08-16-12)
Old 08-16-12, 01:17 AM
Contributor

Assumption has a spectacular aura aboutAssumption has a spectacular aura about

(Sylvie's husband) Even though I procrastinated like crazy (seriously, it's taken over a year to get this together), I've managed to get everything together for first round of 23 participants for my PhD project. Participants will start arriving in 1 hour... *fingers crossed* Excite!
The Following User Says Thank You to Assumption For This Useful Post:
keliza (08-16-12)