ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Adderall
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adderall (four amphetamine salts)

Old 02-21-14, 02:31 AM

CorepharmaSucks is on a distinguished road
Complaining about Adderall and concerned for what is left of its future

I'll try to make this short and sweet.

Adderall is manufactured by different manufacturers. We all know this. Some users notice no difference in these variants of Adderall. Some users notice a huge difference in these variants of Adderall.

The +25%/-20% flexibility of drug formula and different inactive ingredients in Adderall pills by the different manufacturers essentially results in a different type of Adderall for many users.

Corepharma's influence is rapidly growing. Corepharma's Adderall may work for some individuals, but by a landslide I have witnessed more complaints- myself personally, pharmacists, doctors, friends, and what seems to be half of the Internet.

The FDA's loose requirements have allowed for the erection of lousy drug manufacturers.

I am sick and tired of only reading about people complaining online about the variance in the different Adderall pills.

How difficult do you imagine it for steps to be taken to get the FDA to do something about this? Or is the FDA so corrupt, nothing can be done about this?

Basically, I see it only taking a few more months before companies that can competently manufacture Adderall disappear forever. Then what?

I propose either the FDA tighten its requirements for what exactly Adderall is, or for the drug to be redefined.

For example:

Adderall A
Adderall B
Adderall C
Vyvanse
Adderall XR A
Adderall XR B

Right now, Adderall A, Adderall B, and Adderall C are all the same Adderall. But when Adderall C is the only Adderall that can be found in any of the pharmacies, there are problems.

Does anyone see where I am going with this?

This is going to happen before we know it. It is currently happening. More and more people are getting Adderall prescriptions by the day, and suppliers are having a hard time holding up. There always seems to be an Adderall shortage, but we are seeing another hard one currently and will be facing only worse ones in the future. Now, the ultimate problem here is that after scouring for any pharmacy at all that has Adderall, and to only be provided with Adderall C, well, as this whole post details, this is untenable essentially.

Changes need to be made, and quickly. It seems as if everyone is content enough with just complaining about this problem, and investing more time each month to solve the problem the lazy way, instead of making demands that the drug industry revise its current methods.

The path of least resistance is currently being taken by all Adderall users who notice a difference in Adderall pills made by different manufacturers and do nothing about it. The day will come when the Adderall that works for you is nonexistent due to the DEA allocating the amphetamine salts to the manufacturer that produces lousy versions of the drug.

Whether you notice a difference in your pills or not, once again, this change needs to be made.

I am disgusted with the state of the FDA, the DEA, the drug manufacturers, and every single pharmacy in the United States.

I am no activist whatsoever, but this is something I am strongly considering becoming an activist for.
The Following User Says Thank You to CorepharmaSucks For This Useful Post:
winniepooh89 (03-22-14)
Old 02-21-14, 05:24 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 32,270 Times in 14,935 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Complaining about Adderall and concerned for what is left of its future

well as far as adderall xr goes all of the generics (teva/barr,global and brand name SHIRE all all made by shire. The only adderall xr that isnt made by shire is actavis, which imo opinions sucks. Not sure about the ir though.

I carried a watermelon?
Old 02-21-14, 10:41 AM

CorepharmaSucks is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post
well as far as adderall xr goes all of the generics (teva/barr,global and brand name SHIRE all all made by shire. The only adderall xr that isnt made by shire is actavis, which imo opinions sucks. Not sure about the ir though.
You have to see that there is a possibility only Actavis Adderall XR pills will be available at a point in the future. There needs to be a standardization or a redefinition of the drug.

Your post adds to my point. The pinned thread about all the different types of Adderall in this section of the forums is FULL of complaining people.

We need to work together and solve this problem before we are completely helpless on the matter.
The Following User Says Thank You to CorepharmaSucks For This Useful Post:
winniepooh89 (03-22-14)
Sponsored Links
Old 11-26-15, 06:24 PM

Brian416 is on a distinguished road

Just continue with Shire Adderall XR? You have the right to refuse it don't you? Say I want the brand name only
Old 11-26-15, 06:36 PM
Mr. BllVt

Thanked 17,967 Times in 9,011 Posts
dvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian416 View Post
Just continue with Shire Adderall XR? You have the right to refuse it don't you? Say I want the brand name only
I believe that the OP is saying "Yes, you can do that today, but soon you may not have that choice".
Postmodernism, the school of 'thought' that proclaimed 'There are no truths, only interpretations' has largely played itself out in absurdity, but it has left behind a generation of academics in the humanities disabled by their distrust of the very idea of truth and their disrespect for evidence, settling for 'conversations' in which nobody is wrong and nothing can be confirmed, only asserted with whatever style you can muster.
Old 11-28-15, 02:58 PM
Contributor

wonderboy has a spectacular aura aboutwonderboy has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorepharmaSucks View Post
I'll try to make this short and sweet.

Adderall is manufactured by different manufacturers. We all know this. Some users notice no difference in these variants of Adderall. Some users notice a huge difference in these variants of Adderall.

The +25%/-20% flexibility of drug formula and different inactive ingredients in Adderall pills by the different manufacturers essentially results in a different type of Adderall for many users.

Corepharma's influence is rapidly growing. Corepharma's Adderall may work for some individuals, but by a landslide I have witnessed more complaints- myself personally, pharmacists, doctors, friends, and what seems to be half of the Internet.

The FDA's loose requirements have allowed for the erection of lousy drug manufacturers.

I am sick and tired of only reading about people complaining online about the variance in the different Adderall pills.

How difficult do you imagine it for steps to be taken to get the FDA to do something about this? Or is the FDA so corrupt, nothing can be done about this?

Basically, I see it only taking a few more months before companies that can competently manufacture Adderall disappear forever. Then what?

I propose either the FDA tighten its requirements for what exactly Adderall is, or for the drug to be redefined.

For example:

Adderall A
Adderall B
Adderall C
Vyvanse
Adderall XR A
Adderall XR B

Right now, Adderall A, Adderall B, and Adderall C are all the same Adderall. But when Adderall C is the only Adderall that can be found in any of the pharmacies, there are problems.

Does anyone see where I am going with this?

This is going to happen before we know it. It is currently happening. More and more people are getting Adderall prescriptions by the day, and suppliers are having a hard time holding up. There always seems to be an Adderall shortage, but we are seeing another hard one currently and will be facing only worse ones in the future. Now, the ultimate problem here is that after scouring for any pharmacy at all that has Adderall, and to only be provided with Adderall C, well, as this whole post details, this is untenable essentially.

Changes need to be made, and quickly. It seems as if everyone is content enough with just complaining about this problem, and investing more time each month to solve the problem the lazy way, instead of making demands that the drug industry revise its current methods.

The path of least resistance is currently being taken by all Adderall users who notice a difference in Adderall pills made by different manufacturers and do nothing about it. The day will come when the Adderall that works for you is nonexistent due to the DEA allocating the amphetamine salts to the manufacturer that produces lousy versions of the drug.

Whether you notice a difference in your pills or not, once again, this change needs to be made.

I am disgusted with the state of the FDA, the DEA, the drug manufacturers, and every single pharmacy in the United States.

I am no activist whatsoever, but this is something I am strongly considering becoming an ar.

Something that is also profoundly concerning to me, is that when a generic drug is manufactured, the testing is done by that company, and the FDA must simply trust their results. God only knows if the generic company continues with the integrity of the results when they actually sell their product
Old 11-29-15, 06:33 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 32,270 Times in 14,935 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderboy View Post
Something that is also profoundly concerning to me, is that when a generic drug is manufactured, the testing is done by that company, and the FDA must simply trust their results. God only knows if the generic company continues with the integrity of the results when they actually sell their product
As far as I know the only thing a generic drug maker has to prove is that the activie ingrediant in the generic is the same as the brand. All the other crap in it can be pretty much left up to the drug maker.

I carried a watermelon?