ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Adderall
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adderall (four amphetamine salts)

Old 09-29-09, 01:56 AM

adderall_daze is on a distinguished road
Exclamation I might have made a huge mistake with my script!

I think I made a huge mistake today. I have been taking adderall for about 6 months now, I'm prescribed 30 mg 3 times daily for a total of 90 mg a day. I have always gotten my script from the same place, the target pharmacy, which I love, and I have always gotten the same brand from them, the generic adderall called amphetamine made by teva pharm. Today I gave my wife my script to drop off as I didn't have the time. She took my script to walgreens, not thinking it mattered which pharmacy filled it (I didn't think it mattered either) When I picked the script up and got it home I noticed it was different. It is generic adderall, but it is made be corepharma. I have never really researched adderall at all, and just assumed it was the same thing I have always gotten, just looked different cuz it was from a different company. Well I am thinking it is not the same. It does not seem as affective as the teva brand as far as helping me focus. Also it is making me pretty nauseous after my second dose, as well as giving me a headache. Is it normal to be affected differently by different generic adderall or is this my imagination? If in fact different brands of generic adderall can produce different results what can I do about this? Am I able to return the pills (minis the ones I took) to walgreens and get my prescription back and take it to target and fill it? What can I do because I do not think I can handle this for a whole month til I get my next script from the doc. Thanks for the help, and sorry if this was long
Old 09-29-09, 02:05 AM
Contributor

really has a spectacular aura aboutreally has a spectacular aura about
Re: I might have made a huge mistake with my script!

You and I have the same experience. Corepharma seems to make me more social than other generics, but my focus becomes even worse than without any meds.

I was fuming. Still am. It made me pledge to buy brand Adderall or at least very specific generics. I found that if I took the pill once a day every other day (instead of my prescribed 2x every day), I was able to get some benefit out of it and sustain myself until the next fill.

You can ask your doctor to specifically note "do not fill with -----" on your prescription.

Some people will tell you that all generics are the same. This is NOT true. Here is a link to a post I made about this:

http://www.addforums.com/forums/show...5&postcount=15
Old 09-29-09, 02:25 AM

mensa99 is on a distinguished road

Yes I took corepharma adderall *generic of course* (blue 10s with a X score on the back) a couple years ago and it was a rollercoaster of extreme energy combined with terrible anxiety even WITH anxiety medication. The physical symptoms were just as bad as the psychological symptoms were. They definitely seemed as though they contained more Levo-amphetamine than any generic I have ever taken. The PNS stimulation was severe and my eyes were dilated so big even just after one. I really feel for you and terribly sorry you are experiencing this. I would def. speak with the psychiatrist and completely explain every aspect of what happened and literally show him/her the pills remaining. If you can not focus, you are just (in my opinion) taking d,l - amphetamines that are going to wear your body down everyday you take them with no positive effects for you from an AD/HD perspective.

Walgreens can be very tough to deal with and every store is so very different in terms of "niceness" from the managing pharmacist and or pharmacy manager. Wish you the best - Mensa99
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mensa99 For This Useful Post:
arrested_truth (09-29-09), really (09-29-09)
Sponsored Links
Old 09-29-09, 02:29 AM

I just thought about this for a little while, if your psychiatrist does not have an issue with you requesting Dexedrine (dextroamphetamine sulfate) either tablets or spansules, to trial of you must wait another month, since Adderall is basically 75 percent dextroamphetamine (Dexedrine), you are very used to how it "works" within your brain and this would def. def. def. help you, if, again you are told no at the pharmacy about returning. You may end up like Dexedrine better - it is seriously all CNS activity and very, very cerebrally stimulating perfect for ultra-fine concentration (not all agree but I find most do that I read about inc. myself)! Mensa99
The Following User Says Thank You to mensa99 For This Useful Post:
really (09-29-09)
Old 09-29-09, 02:33 AM
Contributor

really has a spectacular aura aboutreally has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by mensa99 View Post
Yes I took corepharma adderall *generic of course* (blue 10s with a X score on the back) a couple years ago and it was a rollercoaster of extreme energy combined with terrible anxiety even WITH anxiety medication. The physical symptoms were just as bad as the psychological symptoms were. They definitely seemed as though they contained more Levo-amphetamine than any generic I have ever taken. The PNS stimulation was severe and my eyes were dilated so big even just after one. I really feel for you and terribly sorry you are experiencing this. I would def. speak with the psychiatrist and completely explain every aspect of what happened and literally show him/her the pills remaining. If you can not focus, you are just (in my opinion) taking d,l - amphetamines that are going to wear your body down everyday you take them with no positive effects for you from an AD/HD perspective.

Walgreens can be very tough to deal with and every store is so very different in terms of "niceness" from the managing pharmacist and or pharmacy manager. Wish you the best - Mensa99
This is really informative. Thanks! I agree with you on the l-amp. It seems to me that a cheap manufacturer would be more likely to cut d-amp first.
Old 09-29-09, 03:31 AM

You are very much welcome fellow AD/HDer. You def. hit the head on the nail about business acumen in the Levo aspect for sure.

You will be fine - a great psychiatrist should respect your willingness to go CNS rather than PNS - trust that statement in that it aims at total AD/HD management of symptoms with definitely no physical lack of brain fatigue (significant - no, minor - sure).

High Five and Keep On It! You will succeed.

PM me anytime abt part of this - I have much I can share. Peace! - Mensa99
Old 11-28-09, 10:02 PM
Jr Member

rockystar000 is on a distinguished road

ok so im wondering how you know what company actually makes your generic adderall?
Old 11-28-09, 10:23 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,633 Times in 883 Posts
FrazzleDazzle has much to be proud ofFrazzleDazzle has much to be proud ofFrazzleDazzle has much to be proud ofFrazzleDazzle has much to be proud ofFrazzleDazzle has much to be proud ofFrazzleDazzle has much to be proud ofFrazzleDazzle has much to be proud ofFrazzleDazzle has much to be proud ofFrazzleDazzle has much to be proud ofFrazzleDazzle has much to be proud of

It will say on the bottle label. The pharmacy I go to puts the manufacture name on the very bottom, towards the lower right edge of the label.
Old 11-29-09, 12:31 AM
ADDvanced Contributor

CptNemo is just really niceCptNemo is just really niceCptNemo is just really niceCptNemo is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockystar000 View Post
ok so im wondering how you know what company actually makes your generic adderall?
Hey Rocky:
Be aware of the post date,if you plan on asking the original poster a question!

But my main reason for this post,is to point you towards the light!
http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75354