ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Adderall
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adderall (four amphetamine salts)

Old 01-07-10, 08:05 AM

volsfan is on a distinguished road
I quit sweating the small stuff. Anybody else notice this?

Like I stated in my previous post I am 34 and have lived with untreated ADD my entire life until recently. Has anyone else noticed that since you have begun using Adderall little things that use to bother you are no longer a concern? It was brought to my attention by my wife that I seem to be much more in touch with “The BIG Picture”. I have also found that I have stopped needlessly spending money (lottery tickets and such). My wife says for the first time in 12 years I seem to be in the now. Has anybody else experienced his???
Old 01-07-10, 04:22 PM

crumbaugh is on a distinguished road
Re: I quit sweating the small stuff. Anybody else notice this?

Yes, definitely.

There are many ways that I was working against myself (including self medicating) that has very naturally fallen away with my treatment.

(ps. I was diagnosed 2 months ago at 40 years of age. I still wake up everyday thankful and relieved that I finally feel like I can function like everyone else... I know this is a bit of a honeymoon period, but I like this positivity and constantly finding other ways my life is better now).
Old 01-09-10, 11:00 AM
Jr Member

cadburyegg is on a distinguished road

I am 31, just diagnosed as well... I have found, little things dont bother me as much. when the medication is in my system, when it wears off, however. I can get annoyed at the stupidest things!
my husband was scooping snow, (I KNOW I SHOULD BE THANKFUL I WASNT OUT THERE DOING IT) but the sound of the scraping shovel made me cranky.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-09-10, 11:30 AM
Contributor

rd_wnc is a jewel in the roughrd_wnc is a jewel in the roughrd_wnc is a jewel in the rough

I find while it's at it's peak for the first couple of hours I'm social and in a pretty good mood and definitely can focus on work.

I'm an irritable person at the best of times but when the adderall wears off I can really be an a** for a while. Oddly enough I find that it improves if I make sure to drink a bunch of water at the end of the day. Adderall dehydrates me and this seems to aggravate my natural tendencies a bit.

If I hydrate and take a walk with the dogs I'm almost human again.
tired1823 (06-02-11)
Old 01-09-10, 11:40 AM
ADDvanced Member

Greenjuice is an unknown quantity at this point

Definitely, but since I have so many unresolved issues I've stayed on adderall that keeps me partially in "the now." Vyvanse and dexadrane put me directly in the now and as serious as a chemist student. Everyday I'd notice something related to my adhd and it scared me, and was scared of changing my personality completely so I chose to be partially medicated. Some people cant handle the truth, and that is most def me.

We are all works in progress.