ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > General ADD Talk
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 03-01-17, 08:39 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 5,033 Times in 2,490 Posts
Fraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: You Know You Have ADHD When ...

You know you have ADHD when....

you're completely oblivious to the fact that you have ADHD, until "perfect" people start pointing out all of your "flaws" that you assumed everybody lived with.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fraser_0762 For This Useful Post:
Kimbosqueak (03-21-17), Lunacie (03-01-17)
Old 03-02-17, 11:49 AM

FlipperTheWhale is on a distinguished road

I once was doing chores and messed up something and immediately thought to my self CTRL Z. Needless to say, it didn't work.
The Following User Says Thank You to FlipperTheWhale For This Useful Post:
OhLookABunny (03-09-17)
Old 03-06-17, 04:19 PM

megskibunny is on a distinguished road

walk into a room *wonders," why did I come in here"* Leaves room. *ten seconds later dawns on you why you went into room in the first place*

feeling like senility will be an easy transition...

talking on phone *asks where phone is*

HAVE YOU SEEN MY KEYS? *They're in your hand!* oh...HOW ABOUT MY SUNGLASSES?! *They're on your head*

Saying "What?" an absurd amount because you only half listened to what someone was saying because a bird flew by, someone beeped their horn, you heard your favorite song playing on someones stereo driving by, and there is something in your teeth and you keep feeling it with your tongue.

all the feelings, all the time!!!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to megskibunny For This Useful Post:
dopaminerush (03-07-17), FlipperTheWhale (03-08-17), Kimbosqueak (03-21-17), Lunacie (03-06-17), OhLookABunny (03-09-17), stef (03-06-17)
Sponsored Links
Old 03-17-17, 01:14 AM
Jr Member

TheHammer has a spectacular aura aboutTheHammer has a spectacular aura about

You realize that, despite being exhausted, it's almost impossible to stop doing things!

People tell you, "you talk a lot."

You make 3 or 4 trips to a desk or table to get 3 or 4 things that you could have picked up all at once on the first trip!

Your co-workers tell you that, "you don't have a filter, you say whatever you think."

When you realize that the reason you have co-workers and not collegues in the first place is because you didn't finish college.
The Following User Says Thank You to TheHammer For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (03-17-17)
Old 03-21-17, 12:39 AM
Jr Member

LowBudget is a jewel in the roughLowBudget is a jewel in the roughLowBudget is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by intothewind View Post
A morning routine is often something like...

Ok we need to get going now...where the F are my keys?

*run around room looking for them...starting moving piles of clothes*

Sit down on bed, feel keys. Phew yay found em!(put them absentmindedly on table) Ok, now where is my phone? Run around, find phone...

Where are my keys? I just saw them a minute ago...
What, you didn't start folding the clothes? Right before you decided to make the bed?

Only to realize you didn't finish folding the clothes, so making the bed could wait. Oh where is my phone at?

and then my wife wants to know what is taking me so long to get the keys? my response... no dear, I didn't forget something, why would I need my keys?
Lunacie (03-21-17)
Old 03-21-17, 03:11 PM

Kimbosqueak has a spectacular aura aboutKimbosqueak has a spectacular aura about

As you're leaving in the morning, you go into the garage and see your trunk wide open.

You go to the post office to mail something and realize you left it at home.

You look all over your car for something important and conclude that you must have left it at home, so you drive home, still can't find it, then go back to your car and find it under one of the seats.

You consistently forget whether you have taken your meds or not. (Tip: turn the bottles upside down)

You turn on the house alarm as you're going to bed and forget that someone is still downstairs with all the lights on and everything.

You leave your keys inside someone else's car and have to beg them to come out and unlock it for you.

You never bring a jacket to work that you plan on taking off because you always manage to forget it.
Ritalin --> Concerta (yikes) --> Adderall --> Dexedrine --> Vyvanse
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kimbosqueak For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (03-21-17), stef (03-21-17)
Old 03-21-17, 06:26 PM
Contributor

Location: ny upstate where there are cows and trees and stuff.
DJ Bill is a glorious beacon of lightDJ Bill is a glorious beacon of lightDJ Bill is a glorious beacon of lightDJ Bill is a glorious beacon of lightDJ Bill is a glorious beacon of lightDJ Bill is a glorious beacon of light

You lose your cell phone during a major snowstorm, and can't find it when it is called. So, you buy a new phone, you needed one without a broken screen anyway. This time you get a case with the phone so it might last longer. Two days later you cannot find the phone when you get up, even though you know you placed it on your bedside shelf.

You have to wait for someone to call you again, to make it ring, and then find it in plain sight, 18 inches from where you were looking, on the bedside shelf.

You really wish all your shirts and jackets had a front pocket for that phone.
The Following User Says Thank You to DJ Bill For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (03-21-17)
Old 03-21-17, 07:36 PM
ADDvanced Member

Johnny Slick is just really niceJohnny Slick is just really niceJohnny Slick is just really niceJohnny Slick is just really nice

You go off to work but stop at the elevator to turn around not once, not twice, but *three times* because, in turn, you forgot:

- To take your meds (which... DUH!)
- Your backpack - you know, the one that has your work laptop in it which you couldn't do any work without? Yeah, that one.
- Your glasses SERIOUSLY YOU WEAR THEM ALL THE TIME HOW CAN YOU FORGET TO WEAR YOUR GLASSES DUDE

Luckily I have not yet gotten to the elevator without wearing pants but I feel that this day will come sooner rather than later.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Johnny Slick For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (03-22-17), Kimbosqueak (04-27-17), stef (03-22-17)
Old 03-22-17, 11:36 AM

addiac is on a distinguished road

When you decide you want to do something right after you have your tea or watch a two minute video but realize 3 hours later that you haven't done it!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to addiac For This Useful Post:
Kimbosqueak (04-27-17), stef (03-22-17)
Old 03-22-17, 02:54 PM
Zen moderator

Thanked 24,809 Times in 12,219 Posts
stef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond repute

Suddenly checking purse, to see if you have transportation pass
While sitting on the commuter train- which you could not have boarded, without the pass...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stef For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (03-22-17)
Old 03-25-17, 05:38 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 26,416 Times in 12,298 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute

You go upstairs to get a packet of disinfectant wipes to clean the kitchen table, then hear that your pets are awake and get their food dishes to clean them. You come back down and realise that you completely forgot the wipes. You go back up again to get the wipes but can't find them. You then come down again and find the wipes on the kitchen table. Who knows when I did actually get them in that all that running up and down??
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
Bouncingoffwall (04-04-17), Lunacie (03-25-17)
Old 03-25-17, 06:56 AM

unstableAngel will become famous soon enough
Red face Re: You Know You Have ADHD When ...

Upon checking out at grocery store, you find your debit card isnt in your wallet, ask cashier if they will hold items (as there are alot) & rush home to get card & back to the store, when cashier ready to check you out again...you forgot to get the the darn card when you went home (no idea what i thought i was doing or did) this is the perfect opportunity to crawl under "something", "anything" til the store closes. But i refrained from hiding & said i'd be back again, half expecting an ambulance at the ready as the entire store had to think i completely lost my mind. But, yay, got the card this time!!! Get to car in parking lot to find it still running....I don't believe i should leave the house without adult supervision )
Bouncingoffwall (04-04-17), Kimbosqueak (04-27-17), Little Missy (03-25-17), Lunacie (03-25-17)
Old 04-04-17, 03:29 PM
Contributor

Bouncingoffwall is a name known to allBouncingoffwall is a name known to allBouncingoffwall is a name known to allBouncingoffwall is a name known to allBouncingoffwall is a name known to allBouncingoffwall is a name known to all

When you schedule a dentist appointment, then accidentally call your old dentist to reschedule while thinking it's your current dentist, and end up scheduling an appointment with the wrong dentist.

Then I had to go back and cancel my appointment with the newer dentist. Thankfully, they agreed to forward my x-rays to the old dentist.

It all worked out in the end, because I like my old dentist.
Old 04-04-17, 03:30 PM
Contributor

Bouncingoffwall is a name known to allBouncingoffwall is a name known to allBouncingoffwall is a name known to allBouncingoffwall is a name known to allBouncingoffwall is a name known to allBouncingoffwall is a name known to all

When it takes you twice as long to go grocery shopping because you're constantly distracted by colorful displays, ideas for new recipes and you have to check your grocery list ten times. Then you're socially awkward with the guy at the deli counter because you're so overwhelmed by everything.

Sometimes, I just space out in the aisles...
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bouncingoffwall For This Useful Post:
Friendlyriver (04-23-17), Letching Gray (04-06-17), Little Missy (04-04-17), stef (04-04-17)
Old 04-04-17, 05:59 PM

unstableAngel will become famous soon enough

I have 2.....when you back out of the garage with a 4 year old in the car and your door wide open! TWICE!

Leaving the grocery store & looking for car keys...only to find your keys in the car...still running :/ again TWICE
Johnny Slick (04-04-17), Letching Gray (04-06-17), Lunacie (04-04-17)