ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Vyvanse
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine dimesylate)

Old 11-04-07, 07:14 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Draga has disabled reputation
Exclamation Drug stores...get with the program

Since I have been taking vyvance I have to go out on a scavenger hunt for pharmacies that carry the meds like Rite Aid & CVS, well known pharmacies like this, dont even have them in stock...luckily walgreens had em...but still why are drug stores not getting this new drug unless it's ordered from person specifically?

Please do not think me cold, for I do want loving arms to hold, but I am so sick of being used and abused...If I die alone tomorrow I die unbruised.
Old 11-04-07, 07:21 PM
Jr Member

obbligato is on a distinguished road
Re: Drug stores...get with the program

Did you try Target? I know I can either get meds like that same day or within a couple of days.
Old 11-05-07, 12:42 AM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

JR1973 is a jewel in the roughJR1973 is a jewel in the roughJR1973 is a jewel in the rough

I hear ya. It took me almost 2 weeks after getting my first script before I found a pharmacy that had it in stock. Many of the pharmacists had no clue what Vyvanse was.

Give it time. Six months and every pharmacy will be getting the hint as more and more doctors send patients with Vyvanse scripts. My local rite aid cannot keep Adderall XR in stock but they are now getting a few Vyvanse requests.

J
Sponsored Links
Old 11-05-07, 02:41 AM

Thanked 1,018 Times in 641 Posts
QueensU_girl has a brilliant futureQueensU_girl has a brilliant futureQueensU_girl has a brilliant futureQueensU_girl has a brilliant futureQueensU_girl has a brilliant futureQueensU_girl has a brilliant futureQueensU_girl has a brilliant futureQueensU_girl has a brilliant futureQueensU_girl has a brilliant futureQueensU_girl has a brilliant futureQueensU_girl has a brilliant future

You could phone your drugstore ahead of time and ask them to order it in.
Old 11-05-07, 03:57 PM

ShawnB is on a distinguished road

I've been lucky that CVS has had it in stock for me. The other day I went in for a full month's supply at 90mgs. They looked it up before filling it to see if they had that much and the shipment was there, I just had to wait an hour 1/2 for them to unpack it and for the Pharmacist to fill it. Other than that it's not been a problem yet for me.

Perhaps ask them if another of their locations has it in stock before driving all around. I've had CVS be out of stock of some meds.. but they'd order it and have it there the next day for me.
Old 11-05-07, 04:27 PM
Banned

Matt S. is just really niceMatt S. is just really niceMatt S. is just really niceMatt S. is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueensU_girl
That's what I always do, I take dexedrine spansules and that seems to be the way I do it. I have the brand name DAW on mine this month so I call before my proctologist (my slang name for psychiatrist, well this one) and I have the appointment so I don't get the generic.

It works and if you have it on the file there should be no issue. Like 'pharmacy casing' for example.
Old 11-05-07, 10:27 PM

proctologist??? now aint them the doctors that FEMA send their employees to for labotamies??

Please do not think me cold, for I do want loving arms to hold, but I am so sick of being used and abused...If I die alone tomorrow I die unbruised.
Old 11-05-07, 10:38 PM

Skully has a spectacular aura aboutSkully has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueensU_girl
Won't work in the US, stimulants are a Schedule II drug (controlled substance) and when you call most pharmacies they will not give out that information. They didn't for me anyway.

Try Target, they are the best. They always have what I need when I need it. They were the only ones within 100 miles that had 180 dexedrines on hand. Now THAT is a true pharmacy!!!

Me: "I love french fries with my hamburgers and also milk shakes but I don't like milk because it makes me sick which reminds me I better get my flu shot before I get the flu which dries out my skin but I use jergens which is greasy like fries."

Dr: let me wash my hands before I increase your Adderall.
Old 11-05-07, 11:25 PM
ADDvanced Member

cloud1 will become famous soon enough

Walgreens did for me with my Adderall this week they had no problem letting me know it was in stock. I always have to shop around too and I didn't want to have to run all around town or wait for it to be ordered.
Quote:
Originally Posted by msam76
Won't work in the US, stimulants are a Schedule II drug (controlled substance) and when you call most pharmacies they will not give out that information. They didn't for me anyway.

Try Target, they are the best. They always have what I need when I need it. They were the only ones within 100 miles that had 180 dexedrines on hand. Now THAT is a true pharmacy!!!
Old 11-05-07, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msam76

Wish I could but they dont have one close by and knowing my chauffer aka Mom...she wont wanna go half cross La. to find one lol

Old 11-05-07, 11:59 PM

Skully has a spectacular aura aboutSkully has a spectacular aura about

Another thing you could do is when you go to CVS or Rite Aid or a chain like that, you could have them call the local pharmacies and find out who has it (in case Walgreens becomes unreliable). That is what CVS did for me. They should give you that option, if not, ask them to do it. Will save you the leg work because if you call most pharmacies yourself, they usually don't give that information over the phone. It will save you a lot of running around!

Me: "I love french fries with my hamburgers and also milk shakes but I don't like milk because it makes me sick which reminds me I better get my flu shot before I get the flu which dries out my skin but I use jergens which is greasy like fries."

Dr: let me wash my hands before I increase your Adderall.
Old 11-06-07, 10:55 AM
Banned

Matt S. is just really niceMatt S. is just really niceMatt S. is just really niceMatt S. is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draga
proctologist??? now aint them the doctors that FEMA send their employees to for labotamies??
A proctologist is a doctor specializing in disorders of the colon and rectum. I dislike my psychiatrist about as much as I would dislike having to go to a proctologist.

And as far as the Schedule II comment goes, if you tell the pharmacy your drug information, they will check your record first over the computer and if the history is accurate then it is able to be ordered...
Old 11-06-07, 12:06 PM

Mspen dawlin, I know what proctologist are it was just my way of saying FEMA got their heads up their butts LOL!!!

Old 11-06-07, 12:21 PM
Banned

Oh well, part of my ADHD is that I don't get jokes at first, it's a little embarrassing
Old 11-06-07, 12:29 PM

dont be embarrased, sometimes I really need to think bout it before I go Der de de