ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Dexedrine/Dextrostat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Dexedrine/Dextrostat (dextroamphetamine)

Old 06-14-18, 01:17 PM

fathom6 is on a distinguished road
Zenzedi / Dexedrine Prescription duration

I am currently on Adderall. My doc can give Rx for 3 months (it is 3 separate prescriptions, each with a date denoted).

I read on Zenzedi/Dexederine (Ref: https://www.iodine.com/compare/vyvanse-vs-dexedrine) that the doc can only give for one month total? Maybe I am reading into it too much and it can be as well for 3 months, can anyone clarify? (I dont want to pay for a doc visit each month, and if thats the case for Dexedrine I have to think it over before switching to Dexedrine)
Old 06-14-18, 01:31 PM

fathom6 is on a distinguished road
Re: Zenzedi / Dexedrine Prescription duration

Another question: While I like Adderall IR. I take 30 mg per day (split dosages). I like that it keeps my appetite in check (otherwise I binge on food like crazy even though I'm just right skinny). Vyvanse has exact same effect on my weight/eating. I like Vyvanse more because I "feel" good plus get motivation. Adderall I dont like that a) it causes me hairloss, b) I get motivation but do not "feel" as good as on Vyvanse. I feel bit cranky instead and I feel my IQ goes down.

Zenzedi/Dexedrine is same base molecule as Vyvanse (pure D-Amphetamine only), whereas Adderall is a mixture of 4 amphetamine salts. I suspect the Amphetamine Sulfate and Aspartate (that Adderall has) causes me 'peripheral neuropathy' problems which contribute to hairloss. It takes me longer to heal from sport injuries/scratches as well.

Thats why I am considering Dexedrine since at least on paper exactly what I want. Vyvanse without the extended release part.

What are others experiences on peripheral neuropathy or hairloss from Dexedrine / Zenzedi?
Experience on weight loss, is it exactly same as Adderall or Vyvanse?
Old 06-14-18, 06:00 PM
Contributor

CharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to all
Re: Zenzedi / Dexedrine Prescription duration

Quote:
Originally Posted by fathom6 View Post
Maybe I am reading into it too much and it can be as well for 3 months, can anyone clarify?
Schedule 2 scripts can be postdated up to 3 months, and I doubt there's anything special about Dex that prohibits that practice.

Quote:
(I dont want to pay for a doc visit each month, and if thats the case for Dexedrine I have to think it over before switching to Dexedrine)
Some doctors let you pick up refill scripts from their secretary. Or the doctor can send the refill script electronically to the pharmacy.

Quote:
I suspect the Amphetamine Sulfate and Aspartate (that Adderall has) causes me 'peripheral neuropathy' problems which contribute to hairloss. It takes me longer to heal from sport injuries/scratches as well.

Thats why I am considering Dexedrine since at least on paper exactly what I want. Vyvanse without the extended release part.
I'm curious what makes you think that aspartate is bad? I searched it up online, and it's essentially just a protein building block.

And I think sulfate is a pretty common ion. It's probably in your water supply that you drink. And btw, Dexedrine has sulfate as well.

Quote:
What are others experiences on peripheral neuropathy or hairloss from Dexedrine / Zenzedi?
Experience on weight loss, is it exactly same as Adderall or Vyvanse?
I've had Adderall, Vyvanse, and Dexedrine. Overall, they all seem pretty similar. Definitely no personal experience with hair loss or peripheral neuropathy. Though they all sometimes decrease my peripheral circulation a bit (I think Adderall was a bit worse).

I actually think that Vyvanse had the strongest effect on reducing my appetite, followed by Adderall, and then Dexedrine. But the Vyvanse was a while ago, so maybe I was just at a weird time in my life when my appetite was shot (I had depression/anxiety).
The Following User Says Thank You to CharlesH For This Useful Post:
fathom6 (06-15-18)
Sponsored Links