ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > General Medication Discussion
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

General Medication Discussion This section is to be used for general medication discussion and other medications not broken out in their own respective forums.

Old 11-06-18, 05:31 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 30,279 Times in 13,952 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute
Taking meds regularly

I'm really, really struggling this time to take my meds. Either I:

1. Just forget to take them at all (or to subsequent doses after the first especially when I'm not at work)

2. Immediately after (not) taking them I don't remember if I just took them or not. Mostly I try to the. Take the next dose slightly earlier but it still messes up both my focus and my mood. It's quite crazy. I think I should take them and then a few seconds later I remember opening my bag, maybe even drinking water but I don't remember taking the meds. It's as if the last few seconds are just blank. Writing it down doesn't help because sometimes i even forget in those few seconds between taking them and writing it down.

3. I remember to take them but procrastinate because I'm can't be bothered to go to the medicine cabinet or my bag to get them. I don't really like taking them so the motivation isn't that high which doesn't help.

At work I note it down in my task planner when I've taken them and that works fairly well for point 1 as I am mostly at my desk staring at my screen but it doesn't help withpoint 2.0. at home I try to note it down on my phone as well but I don't carry my phone always with me and then there's all the other points why it's not enough.

I know you guys have already suggested a pill box but I really don't want to take them out of their original packaging because

1. I'm worried I'll drop one when refilling and fuzzling, my little girl, will get her hands on it.

2. It means remembering to refill the pill box.

3. currently I have meds in the kitchen cupboard and my office bag. So I always know where to find them. I'm pretty sure I'd either forget the pill box somehwere or leave it at home or something.

4. I'm an idiot.

5. I love lists (because of 4.)

Any other ideas?
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
peripatetic (11-07-18)
Old 11-06-18, 06:58 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 32,434 Times in 15,027 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Taking meds regularly

The absolute best way to remember your pills is multiple reminders and alarms on your phone and this pill organizer. Each case has an am and pm compartment and each individual box can be removed and taken as a single days meds if you need to go somewhere. I swear by it. I used to have the standard ones but I always messed them up. My husband fills my pills for me every saturday morning because I always drop them. If we ever tear out one of our cabinets I will have a pharmacy back behind them. Seriously fuzzy you have to be compliant in order to see the benefits. Its mind over matter in some cases. But you always have your phone nearby and it makes sense to utilize it. If you think you might snooze or dismiss your reminder and alarm set multiple ones and eventually you will get in the habit of things. The other thing I do is come downstairs, start my coffee and take my meds. Every morning its the same. If for some reason I forget, when I go to look I can see that they are either there or not. Once a week you sit down and fill it and it makes the week go by smooth.

I carried a watermelon?
The Following User Says Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
SashaBV (11-07-18)
Old 11-06-18, 02:42 PM
Contributor

Funky1 is a name known to allFunky1 is a name known to allFunky1 is a name known to allFunky1 is a name known to allFunky1 is a name known to allFunky1 is a name known to all

I have a terrible problem with this also. It's bad enough that I often forget my dose all together, but when I take it and then within 5 minutes forget whether or not I actually took it... That's where it gets ridiculous. I use a pill counter app on my phone, but even then I still have those moments where I remember updating the app but can't remember actually taking my dose. I've been thinking for a while now that I needed to combine using that app with a weekly pill case like Sarah posted about. So yeah, the struggle is real and I totally understand where you're coming from.
Old 11-06-18, 03:17 PM

Minkyboodle86 has a spectacular aura aboutMinkyboodle86 has a spectacular aura about

Rx pill timer cap- comes in various sizes and are available at any pharmacy and amazon. There’s also one called ‘pillsy’ that includes an app and syncs all the info to your phone. Good luck!
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg AC86DD61-98A6-4D12-8F2C-3E37FEEAE808.jpeg (35.8 KB, 5 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to Minkyboodle86 For This Useful Post:
SashaBV (11-07-18)
Old 11-06-18, 05:36 PM
ADDvanced Member

DanielGM1970 is a name known to allDanielGM1970 is a name known to allDanielGM1970 is a name known to allDanielGM1970 is a name known to allDanielGM1970 is a name known to allDanielGM1970 is a name known to allDanielGM1970 is a name known to all

I find weekly pill organizers to be really helpful, like a case with Sunday through Saturday boxes that have child-proof hatches/lids. I have a white one for mornings and a blue one for evenings.

I finally broke down and used these again because I was pretty good about taking everything regularly and without fail, but then one night I completely forgot whether or not I took my evening medications, so to be safe I had to go without and was in miserable shape all of the next day. Which is not good when you have to deal with three kids and a full-time job! lol.

All is well now.

Be yourself, and the rest will follow.

Breathing is not optional. - Dr. Raymond Wertheim

What do you care what other people think? - Arline Feynman, to her husband, American physicist Richard P. Feynman

D.
The Following User Says Thank You to DanielGM1970 For This Useful Post:
SashaBV (11-07-18)
Old 11-07-18, 03:37 AM
ADDvanced Member

SashaBV will become famous soon enough

I have the weekly 7-day container with am/pm sections. You can get the removable kind you can take one day's pills with you or one dose with you, but I'm usually home when taking them...unless I have midday doses.
Old 11-07-18, 05:48 AM
e-(((hug))) extraordinaire!

Thanked 15,242 Times in 7,590 Posts
psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

Taking meds regularly?

DOES NOT COMPUTE!!

DOES...NOT...COMPUTE...!!!

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

Old 11-07-18, 09:07 AM

Thanked 34,062 Times in 15,423 Posts
peripatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond repute

I have a pill drill. You can google it. Basically you have to swipe the containers time, each day on a screen, which logs all of your doses of everything you're taking. It also has alarms and connects to your phone.
Old 11-07-18, 10:06 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 32,434 Times in 15,027 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

Psycho you should look into my case as well. Its somewhere between 10-15 dollars on amazon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychopathetic View Post
Taking meds regularly?

DOES NOT COMPUTE!!

DOES...NOT...COMPUTE...!!!

I carried a watermelon?
The Following User Says Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (11-07-18)