ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 11-06-18, 02:31 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 32,434 Times in 15,027 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute
Just wanted to share....

Hi. I've been having some deep thoughts lately and have wanted to share this for awhile.
To anyone who feels like they can not take one more painful thing...you will get through this. Being in pain is terrible but life is full of lessons. Its all practice as we learn how to be better humans to ourselves and others. I promise you if you stay centered on yourself and grounded (whatever works for you...meditation, grounding, visualization, accupuncture, clean eating...whatever)- if you just open your mouth and breathe deep breaths, like you are breathing for the first time in your life..you can push through the pain. Everything is temporary and all the baby steps you take do lead to fulfillment. If something bad happens and the next time the same or similar something bad comes along...if you just make one small change in how you react THIS time vs the last time you are successful. Small changes mean big growth.

I am not trying to preach. I am not someone who thinks they have all the answers but in the last 2 years...(death, almost losing my house, daughter running away, coming back and going to rehab, 3 surgeries, financial troubles, college bills, insurance issues, daughter living in a sober house and reintegrating into the family..) I never thought I would see the other side. Especially the pain of my daughter leaving and returning an addict. My heart literally hurt. And now that she is back it hurts a little differently. For me my self focus involves something akin to prayer and meditation mixed up into one thing because I am not religious. But it can be whatever works for you as long as it is self care. I don't care if playing a video game or online game or group is your thing, or cuddling up on the couch with netflix. Whatever your thing is to get you through it, I promise you it will work.

You are worth it. You deserve it. You are loved.

I carried a watermelon?
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
Andi (11-06-18), CharlesH (11-06-18), Fuzzy12 (11-06-18), midnightstar (11-06-18), stef (11-11-18), tudorose (11-06-18), Vrantic (11-10-18)
Old 11-06-18, 12:13 PM
Forummarm

Thanked 8,048 Times in 2,501 Posts
Andi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Just wanted to share....

Thanks so much for this. I've been going through some epic crap lately and I'm glad I found this. Thanks so much again.

Everything I write is fully substantiated by my personal opinion.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Andi For This Useful Post:
midnightstar (11-06-18), sarahsweets (11-07-18)
Old 11-06-18, 12:15 PM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 22,729 Times in 13,424 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

Well said, sarah, thanks for this
Ebony (1st January 2014 - 2nd March 2018)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
Willow (3rd November 2018 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm

The Following User Says Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
sarahsweets (11-07-18)
Sponsored Links
Old 11-10-18, 10:08 AM

Vrantic is on a distinguished road

Thank you, wise words of motivation