ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > SCIENTIFIC DISCUSSIONS, RESEARCH, NEWS AND EVENTS > Current ADD Events & News > ADD Events
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

ADD Events Listing of upcoming AD/HD related events such as conferences, workshops, chats, etc.

Old 09-12-12, 04:38 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

ConcertaParent is a splendid one to beholdConcertaParent is a splendid one to beholdConcertaParent is a splendid one to beholdConcertaParent is a splendid one to beholdConcertaParent is a splendid one to beholdConcertaParent is a splendid one to beholdConcertaParent is a splendid one to beholdConcertaParent is a splendid one to behold
Re: Is this Online ADHD conference any good?

I am currently listening to the free replay of the most ADHD-relevant presentation of The Great Parenting Show.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barliman View Post
Just watch out for the tiered marketing approach though- access what you can without spending, then move on!
The Following User Says Thank You to ConcertaParent For This Useful Post:
Kunga Dorji (09-15-12)
Old 09-14-12, 10:28 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Tara is a name known to allTara is a name known to allTara is a name known to allTara is a name known to allTara is a name known to allTara is a name known to all

In full disclosure I am an speaker at the Virtual AD/HD Conference. $227 may be a lot of money for some people to spend but there are 20 different presentations. That comes out to $11.35 per recording. That's not including the bonus items that some of the speakers have donated either.

You are also paying for convenience. You could spend time and energy Googling ADHD Podcasts or ADHD Teleseminars and find some free or lower cost resources.

Take a look at the site and at the speaker's profiles and see if it it might be a good investment for you.
Old 09-14-12, 10:37 PM
Registered

Thanked 17,760 Times in 8,903 Posts
Abi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond repute

It's important as well to do a bit of research on the SPEAKERS, to see what qualifications they hold - and whether or not listening to them will be worth your money.

"I think David Archuleta's picture is starting to annoy me." - BellaVita

"A glass of water is healthier than a glass of vodka - but you don't substitute one for the other." - aeon

Follow ADDForums on Twitter & Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 09-15-12, 11:01 AM

Thanked 6,183 Times in 2,917 Posts
Kunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara View Post
In full disclosure I am an speaker at the Virtual AD/HD Conference. $227 may be a lot of money for some people to spend but there are 20 different presentations. That comes out to $11.35 per recording. That's not including the bonus items that some of the speakers have donated either.

You are also paying for convenience. You could spend time and energy Googling ADHD Podcasts or ADHD Teleseminars and find some free or lower cost resources.

Take a look at the site and at the speaker's profiles and see if it it might be a good investment for you.
That is fair comment Tara, and I am certainly NOT criticising the quality of material provided but am well aware that many of us here are more time rich than cash rich.

I have accessed a couple of these conferences in the past, and was well pleased with them, but currently my cash resources are going to the NICABM series on trauma and on neuroplasticity. It is a curse having to decide.

I have just come back from spemnding a couple of days sitting in with a psychologist doing neurobiofeedback on ADHD, autism and depression.
I would love to see this sort of conference cover that sort of CAM approach for those who do n ot do well with stimulants.

( Interestingly the psychologist John said to me that his single best predictor of response to neurofeedback in a child was response to ritalin. Certainly the parents I saw of some of the follow up cases were pleased with the results of the therapy- so more attention to it would be good).

Whenever you see a crowd all rushing in the same direction on any one issue, run in the opposite direction.

There is neither fun nor profit to be had in polishing the brass knobs on a bandwagon.
Nicholas Nasseem Taleb.

Old 09-18-12, 03:44 PM

Thanked 4,312 Times in 2,016 Posts
LynneC has a reputation beyond reputeLynneC has a reputation beyond reputeLynneC has a reputation beyond reputeLynneC has a reputation beyond reputeLynneC has a reputation beyond reputeLynneC has a reputation beyond reputeLynneC has a reputation beyond reputeLynneC has a reputation beyond reputeLynneC has a reputation beyond reputeLynneC has a reputation beyond reputeLynneC has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barliman
( Interestingly the psychologist John said to me that his single best predictor of response to neurofeedback in a child was response to ritalin. Certainly the parents I saw of some of the follow up cases were pleased with the results of the therapy- so more attention to it would be good).
That is intersting. I am assuming that a positive response to ritalin would be likely to equate to a positive response to neurofeedback?