ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Recipes
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Recipes Easy recipes for the ADDer & ADD Family

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-23-15, 05:32 PM
ADDvanced Member

intothewind is on a distinguished road
Anyone else a forager?

I've found foraging for food very enjoyable. It might help ADD people eat better in the following ways.

-It is interesting to prep something new and unusual(so long as the labor isn't too much...I harvested a bunch of acorns and doubt I will get around to processing them anytime soon)

-Can be as strenuous, easy, or difficult as you want it to be. Whether it is a hike nearby for some stinging nettles, sitting on a dock jigging squid, studying maps, field-guides, and weather and then trekking into the woods after mushrooms, or freediving in hopes of shooting flounder/perch...runs the gamut.

-fulfills that need to be doing something productive

-I don't feel bad for doing something very simple and wolfing it down...because hey that might have been a really expensive meal at a restaurant!
The Following User Says Thank You to intothewind For This Useful Post:
Unmanagable (11-23-15)