ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > Women with ADD/ADHD
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Women with ADD/ADHD This forum is for women to discuss issues related to being a woman with AD/HD.

Old 03-27-04, 05:48 PM
Contributor

MRB is on a distinguished road
Music is a wonderful thing. I was a serious piano and oboe student when I was a little kid, and I think it saved me from being diagnosed! All jokes aside, I think the regular music practice tied up juuuuuust enough synapses in my head so that, since I never had any social life, I succeeded in school with straight As and the only REAL sign of the ADD (noticed again more in boys 'cuz they are antsy) is that I wasn't popular at all and I had the messiest desk certainly in the honors classes and most of the time in my general classes as well. And my parents never noticed because I was an only child and they were both too busy.

Sorry guys - I'm feeling sorry for myself today because a dear friend passed away very suddenly.
Old 03-29-04, 12:57 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

E-boy has disabled reputation
That's not feeling sorry for yourself MBR. That's grief. Nothing to apologize for, and certainly nothing to be ashamed of. My condolences.

Piupau,

I used to be just like that... :-) Not sure what happened exactly... Probably because I spend so much of the time overwhelmed and fuzzed out these days that I can't manage even that level of involvement anymore... At least not when things are up in the air. When I am at my norm though it's hide and seek, bug hunting, tag, wrestling, and whatever else me and my kids dream up on the spur of the moment.