ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > Men with ADD/ADHD
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Men with ADD/ADHD This forum is for men to discuss issues related to being a man with AD/HD.

Old 10-15-13, 01:22 PM
Mr. BllVt

Thanked 17,971 Times in 9,012 Posts
dvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Increased sex drive from ADHD, becoming a problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corina86 View Post
I have a very low sex-drive. And now with my Cipralex (for GAD), it became virtually non-existent. I really envy you, guys
We can envy each other a little bit, I think. Nobody has it perfect. I've sometimes caught myself looking at women in a much-too-"interested" kind of way. And when that woman happens to have been my boss, ... ... and she wasn't really all that attractive to me... ... well, it's not good.

But really I think I have it easier than you do, because having a low sex drive and trying to increase it is probably much more difficult than having a high sex drive and needing to... umm... try to keep it down.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dvdnvwls For This Useful Post:
Corina86 (10-15-13), Hyperman87 (10-15-13), Maurice (10-23-14)
Old 10-15-13, 04:51 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 2,927 Times in 1,353 Posts
Corina86 has a reputation beyond reputeCorina86 has a reputation beyond reputeCorina86 has a reputation beyond reputeCorina86 has a reputation beyond reputeCorina86 has a reputation beyond reputeCorina86 has a reputation beyond reputeCorina86 has a reputation beyond reputeCorina86 has a reputation beyond reputeCorina86 has a reputation beyond reputeCorina86 has a reputation beyond reputeCorina86 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdnvwls View Post
But really I think I have it easier than you do, because having a low sex drive and trying to increase it is probably much more difficult than having a high sex drive and needing to... umm... try to keep it down.
Keeping it down, literally, right?
The Following User Says Thank You to Corina86 For This Useful Post:
Hyperman87 (10-15-13)
Old 10-15-13, 04:55 PM
Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,316 Times in 642 Posts
Hyperman87 has a brilliant futureHyperman87 has a brilliant futureHyperman87 has a brilliant futureHyperman87 has a brilliant futureHyperman87 has a brilliant futureHyperman87 has a brilliant futureHyperman87 has a brilliant futureHyperman87 has a brilliant futureHyperman87 has a brilliant futureHyperman87 has a brilliant futureHyperman87 has a brilliant future

Quote:

Corina, The guys here are gonna love you,very much! With that sense of humor way to go! :
Corina86 (10-16-13), Maurice (10-23-14)
Sponsored Links
Old 10-15-13, 05:15 PM
Mr. BllVt

Thanked 17,971 Times in 9,012 Posts
dvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Unfortunately, sometimes, yes. If I stand up, move uncomfortably, and then sit back down, it might mean that I've just realized I forgot my phone - or it might mean that I like you.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dvdnvwls For This Useful Post:
Corina86 (10-16-13), Hyperman87 (10-15-13), Maurice (10-23-14)
Old 10-15-13, 05:34 PM
Forum ADDvocate

Hyperman87 has a brilliant futureHyperman87 has a brilliant futureHyperman87 has a brilliant futureHyperman87 has a brilliant futureHyperman87 has a brilliant futureHyperman87 has a brilliant futureHyperman87 has a brilliant futureHyperman87 has a brilliant futureHyperman87 has a brilliant futureHyperman87 has a brilliant futureHyperman87 has a brilliant future

Hey, Corina if your medication is really effecting your sex drive in a bad way,thats okay,lady. The guys here on the fourms(we can talk about enough things.) with you to help you mentally work around that issue.

I have a neurological disorder called neuropathy & sometimes it effects my p**is,in a really bad too. The ADHD, though still keeps me aroused at least mentally anyway. Hypersexuality is sometimes a common problem in adults with ADHD.

As is there reverse hypo-sexuality!
Old 10-15-13, 05:44 PM
Forum ADDvocate

Quote:
Yeah, I second the post above mine. My body is telling on itself. I think I like Corina,a whole lot.
Corina86 (10-16-13), Maurice (10-23-14)
Old 10-15-13, 07:08 PM

Thanked 11,477 Times in 6,076 Posts
Rebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond repute

I rather have a not being able to keep it down problem then not be able to get it up
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rebelyell For This Useful Post:
Corina86 (10-16-13), Hyperman87 (10-15-13), Maurice (10-23-14)
Old 10-29-13, 04:20 PM
Forum ADDvocate

Traveler5 is a name known to allTraveler5 is a name known to allTraveler5 is a name known to allTraveler5 is a name known to allTraveler5 is a name known to allTraveler5 is a name known to all

Having a relentless, perpetually high sex drive has been a persistent side-effect of ADHD meds for me. I've gone through 4 different ADHD meds and they all do the same to me. Some may think having a super high libido is a great thing but not if your sex drive is constantly nagging at you all day and night whether at work or home. It's not a healthy sex drive and has caused me excessive anxiety. I am also on an anti-depressant (Lexapro) for GAD as well as an enlarged prostate med (Proscar) which are both notorious for killing sex drive. Neither do anything to calm the savage beast. Finally my doctor prescribed Risperdal which is an anti-psychotic similar to Zyprexa to help me. Risperdal and Zyprexa are used off-label for anxiety. Risperdal has been a life-saver for me in terms of decreasing sex drive and addressing my high levels of anxiety. I am now able to take ADHD meds, and benefit from them, without their nasty sex drive side-effect. I highly recommend it if this is happening to you. I hope this helps some of you.

I don't pay attention during conversations. Not even when I talk to myself.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Traveler5 For This Useful Post:
Hyperman87 (09-23-14), Pilgrim (10-23-14)
Old 10-30-13, 01:41 PM
ADDvanced Member

Nibs91 has a spectacular aura aboutNibs91 has a spectacular aura about

Blah, I'm jealous. I used to have a high sex drive. Used to get hard ons randomly throughout the day for no apparent reason (which would keep me from standing up and doing things in certain situations).

After I started the SSRIs and now lamotrigine I'm sexdrive-less. Sucks. I used to have a little fun before I sleep at night, which would set me up for a great night's sleep. Now it's like a mission to do that. My soldier is failing me
Old 10-30-13, 08:20 PM

Thanked 11,477 Times in 6,076 Posts
Rebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond repute

Usually when I get horny is when im in a very hypomanic stage.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rebelyell For This Useful Post:
Hyperman87 (09-23-14)
Old 07-31-14, 07:08 AM

Madaz_23 is on a distinguished road

hi guys,
I'm 28 and since i started having sex, my drive has been extremely high!!! I have had over 20 sexual partners (not all of them in relationships) and not one have been able to keep up :/ 2-3 or even more times a day. I spent the last 20 years undiagnosed ADHD and recently been diagnosed and medicated but what i can't understand is why id wake up in the middle of the night to be grinding up against my partner and having a raging hard on in my sleep to the point it wakes me up:/ my partner can't keep up with me and have had to try tone down but i feel i can't go a day without sex and intimacy. I'm not just about me, I'm more interested in getting my partner off as well as me I'm by far boring and very experimental but what worries me is waking up with my partner sleeping and making a unconscious decision to have sex while we both are sleeping. I woke up and suddenly realised this one night and became upset as who can consent in their sleep?
The Following User Says Thank You to Madaz_23 For This Useful Post:
Maurice (10-26-14)
Old 08-26-14, 10:33 PM

Randy99CL is on a distinguished road

I'm 62, diagnosed with ADD a few months ago and have been Randy all my life.
This is the most thought provoking concept I've seen here yet.
I've had very high sex drive all my life and now I'm learning that it may be caused by my ADD?? Wow, who knew?

I just started taking Ritalin and haven't noticed that it changed my sex drive.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Randy99CL For This Useful Post:
Hyperman87 (09-23-14), Maurice (10-23-14)
Old 10-23-14, 12:56 AM

roflwaffle is on a distinguished road

My wife and I have a mismatch in terms of libido as well. We sync'ed up fairly well initially, but as time went by and stress increased her libido dropped. Things are a little better now, but we'll both likely need to work on this.
The Following User Says Thank You to roflwaffle For This Useful Post:
Maurice (10-23-14)
Old 10-23-14, 01:20 AM

Thanked 7,911 Times in 4,072 Posts
fracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebelyell View Post
Usually when I get horny is when im in a very hypomanic stage.
Same for me, or hormonal.

On ADHD meds it almost got to the point of doing something very embarrassing in public.

There was this one situation in a store where there were no changing rooms and I felt comfortable enough to start stripping off to try on some other clothes, and the only cover I had was from a bunch of long coats hanging up in front of me.

Oh, hypomania...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fracturedstory For This Useful Post:
Maurice (10-23-14), Pilgrim (10-23-14)
Old 10-23-14, 02:21 AM
Forum Guru

Maurice is a splendid one to beholdMaurice is a splendid one to beholdMaurice is a splendid one to beholdMaurice is a splendid one to beholdMaurice is a splendid one to beholdMaurice is a splendid one to beholdMaurice is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by fracturedstory View Post
Same for me, or hormonal.

On ADHD meds it almost got to the point of doing something very embarrassing in public.

There was this one situation in a store where there were no changing rooms and I felt comfortable enough to start stripping off to try on some other clothes, and the only cover I had was from a bunch of long coats hanging up in front of me.

Oh, hypomania...
Quote:
Originally Posted by siglerja View Post
Ridiculous sex drive here as well. Adderall makes it worse. Get on an SSRI, you won't even want to have sex. lol
Sorry about your luck. But come on dude! You MUST be kidding! Just because other peeps are enjoying a healthy sex drive, you really want to suggest they take SSRIs to kill their healthy sex drive?