ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > Men with ADD/ADHD
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Men with ADD/ADHD This forum is for men to discuss issues related to being a man with AD/HD.

Old 08-23-11, 08:32 AM
Contributor

of_two_minds will become famous soon enough
Re: I am a good looking guy and still have no girlfriend

Honestly, I don't have the patience, even with Adderall in my system, to read through all the posts carefully.

As for online dating: I know two couples who met that way and are now happily married. So don't discount it entirely. The trick is to join an online dating site that meshes with your interests and personality. I.e., a generic date site that has thousands and thousands of good looking, athletic, attractive, funny, interesting, creative people who like to read a good book and like pina coladas and gettin' caught in the rain isn't going to be much help.

But if you are interested in a specific community then you are more likely to find a mate. E.g. a site for particular religious faiths, or for tall people, or for people who are interested in financial investments, etc.

I met my wife at a party, I was invited by a mutual friend, there were no presuppositions. He said, 'Let's go to this party.' I said, 'O.k.'

And just like finding a new job: Network, network, network.
The Following User Says Thank You to of_two_minds For This Useful Post:
RedHairedWitch (08-23-11)
Old 08-23-11, 01:42 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 8,493 Times in 2,827 Posts
RedHairedWitch has a reputation beyond reputeRedHairedWitch has a reputation beyond reputeRedHairedWitch has a reputation beyond reputeRedHairedWitch has a reputation beyond reputeRedHairedWitch has a reputation beyond reputeRedHairedWitch has a reputation beyond reputeRedHairedWitch has a reputation beyond reputeRedHairedWitch has a reputation beyond reputeRedHairedWitch has a reputation beyond reputeRedHairedWitch has a reputation beyond reputeRedHairedWitch has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pechemignonne View Post
Holy moly, Red, your way is complicated. I guess this I why I don't tend to pick up guys in bars or whatever.

Actually it's not complicated. While my description was detailed, it basically boils down to: You look at each other, you make eye contact, you smile, you come over and you talk.

I don't meet people at bars or clubs either. I'm more of a random encounter at a book store or event kinda girl :-)
The absurdity of working so hard to continue doing something you don't like can be overwhelming. And the longer it takes to feel different, the more it starts to seem like everything might actually be hopeless bull. ~ Hyperbole and a Half
Old 08-23-11, 10:01 PM
ADDvanced Member

Honeybadger will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post
I prefer bass guitar. Drop me a good bass line and I'm yours.
The sweet, sweet sound of the eighties, madam. Coming right up!

Les Claypool can do things with a bass that just aren't human.

Master of puppets... played in slap style That should rip off all of his fingernails.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-23-11, 10:02 PM
ADDvanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conman View Post
then again i dont know any blues or jazz, but even saying i play sax has never raised any girl's eyes at all.
You don't tell her that you speak the language of love, you show her.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Honeybadger For This Useful Post:
Electra2 (03-06-12), namazu (08-24-11), RedHairedWitch (08-23-11), Unmanagable (08-24-11)
Old 08-23-11, 11:29 PM

Thanked 8,493 Times in 2,827 Posts
RedHairedWitch has a reputation beyond reputeRedHairedWitch has a reputation beyond reputeRedHairedWitch has a reputation beyond reputeRedHairedWitch has a reputation beyond reputeRedHairedWitch has a reputation beyond reputeRedHairedWitch has a reputation beyond reputeRedHairedWitch has a reputation beyond reputeRedHairedWitch has a reputation beyond reputeRedHairedWitch has a reputation beyond reputeRedHairedWitch has a reputation beyond reputeRedHairedWitch has a reputation beyond repute

*nods* lots of guys claim that they can do all sorts of things; climb mountains, tame lions, play the sax. You gotta show it for realz.
The absurdity of working so hard to continue doing something you don't like can be overwhelming. And the longer it takes to feel different, the more it starts to seem like everything might actually be hopeless bull. ~ Hyperbole and a Half
The Following User Says Thank You to RedHairedWitch For This Useful Post:
Unmanagable (08-24-11)
Old 08-24-11, 02:07 AM
ADDvanced Member

I can climb a mountain while riding atop a lion that I tamed and then trained to play the sax.

I actually prefer to not tell people any of my talents. That way, whenever they see me do something incredible, it's new and exciting for them
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Honeybadger For This Useful Post:
Electra2 (03-06-12), RedHairedWitch (08-24-11), salleh (03-06-12)
Old 08-24-11, 07:11 AM
Artisan of Shenanigans

Thanked 4,772 Times in 3,106 Posts
Conman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond repute

well if i get an opportunity to show a girl the language of love i'll be sure to.

-Hunter S. Thompson
Old 08-24-11, 11:47 AM

Mago0o is on a distinguished road

I found my wife on Match.com. I was in the same boat and was terrible at meeting girls at random. It sounds terrible (and great), but it was kind of like online shopping -match.com that is. I had a lot of fun with it. You can have a date a night of you want, but that can get expensive. I went on ~2-3 dates a week for 6 months and had a blast. Prior to think period in my life (at age 30) I had dated very seldomly- less than 10 times. It was nerve wracking everytime but exciting & fun as well. Even if I didn't think the other person was "date worthy", I would still go for the practice. Nothing sexual ever occured (that wasn't my intent), just good (and sometimes bad) conversation. I went on 1 date with my -now- wife and cancelled my account the next morning. It's corny, but I knew about 1/2 way through the date that I was going to marry her. We've been married for ~2 years now and have a beautiful 8 month old daughter. Good luck!
The Following User Says Thank You to Mago0o For This Useful Post:
Electra2 (03-06-12)
Old 08-24-11, 01:51 PM

Thanked 4,317 Times in 1,871 Posts
pechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHairedWitch View Post
Actually it's not complicated. While my description was detailed, it basically boils down to: You look at each other, you make eye contact, you smile, you come over and you talk.
I guess maybe more "scary" than complicated, then. If men I've never met talk to me, or even smile at me, I usually think there's something wrong with them. And that they're probably serial killers.

Blame it on too much "stranger danger" education. I know I'm more likely to be assaulted by someone I know, but I don't trust strangers.

"He's cute and he's looking at me. He's inSANE!! Run away!!".
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pechemignonne For This Useful Post:
Electra2 (03-06-12), RedHairedWitch (08-24-11), salleh (03-06-12)
Old 08-24-11, 01:59 PM
Moderator of all seasons

Thanked 16,267 Times in 8,229 Posts
anonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHairedWitch View Post
*nods* lots of guys claim that they can do all sorts of things; climb mountains, tame lions, play the sax. You gotta show it for realz.
We can............in our heads.

As best as you can, you need to be yourself. It's not any easy task when you're trying to impress someone, which seems to be consistent with nature. But, when you are yourself, you're letting out the real you. You know for sure that the person is into you and not a flowery persona meant to impress. It takes a decent sense of security and CAN be learned.

~Paulo Coelho
The Following User Says Thank You to anonymouslyadd For This Useful Post:
Electra2 (03-06-12)
Old 08-24-11, 02:00 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

anonuser999 is a splendid one to beholdanonuser999 is a splendid one to beholdanonuser999 is a splendid one to beholdanonuser999 is a splendid one to beholdanonuser999 is a splendid one to beholdanonuser999 is a splendid one to beholdanonuser999 is a splendid one to behold

You should ask 'nevermore'.
Old 08-24-11, 03:22 PM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 33,094 Times in 15,350 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by siglerja View Post
Lol. Or Flashh.

I carried a watermelon?
Old 08-24-11, 03:40 PM
Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,662 Times in 787 Posts
Simenora has a brilliant futureSimenora has a brilliant futureSimenora has a brilliant futureSimenora has a brilliant futureSimenora has a brilliant futureSimenora has a brilliant futureSimenora has a brilliant futureSimenora has a brilliant futureSimenora has a brilliant futureSimenora has a brilliant futureSimenora has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by siglerja View Post

Touche, but I thought it was flashmore.
Old 08-24-11, 04:37 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

anonuser999 is a splendid one to beholdanonuser999 is a splendid one to beholdanonuser999 is a splendid one to beholdanonuser999 is a splendid one to beholdanonuser999 is a splendid one to beholdanonuser999 is a splendid one to beholdanonuser999 is a splendid one to behold

Slashmore?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg slash-gnr-300x239.jpg (21.3 KB, 4 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to anonuser999 For This Useful Post:
Alex9 (08-24-11)
Old 09-07-11, 05:09 AM
ADDvanced Contributor

CrushCrush is a jewel in the roughCrushCrush is a jewel in the roughCrushCrush is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post
"whats that scent your wearing " or whats your favorite flower. Steer clear of cheesy lines.
Are you serious?? lol..