ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Adderall
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adderall (four amphetamine salts)

Old 09-13-04, 02:29 PM

cualexander is on a distinguished road
XR 20mg and normal 20mg, trying to figure out good dosage...

Ok so I switched from Strattera to Adderall. My doc gave me a prescription to XR 20mg and a prescription to just generic 20mgs so I can control my dosage better. My doc is very cooperative by the way, he basically gives me anything I want. So this is what I currently do. I take an XR about 7:30am in the morning before I have to be at work at 8:00am. Then after lunch at 1:00pm, I take a half of a 20mg generic just to keep me chugging along throughout the rest of the day, but my confusion is over why the XRs don't seem to last nearly as long as I thought they would. The generic ones seem to last a lot longer, which is why I take the XRs in the mornings and hang to the generics for those times that I need a quick fix and I can control the dosage to take just a little bit because anything more than about 30mgs a day makes me wired for hours and hours. Just wondering if anyone else had any thoughts about how I can better utilize these two prescriptions.