ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Careers/Job Impact
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Careers/Job Impact This forum is for adults to discuss how AD/HD affects work and career.

Old 06-06-12, 11:11 AM

aquariu32 has a spectacular aura aboutaquariu32 has a spectacular aura about
my reason for starting meds again-getting the job i deserve

Started adderall 10 mg two days ago. Again. I have been on and off for the last 6 years due to financial difficuly. This time I can't afford to not be on them. My current occupation is not just deadend with no benefits, it also puts me daily in a position that I have to comprimise my ethics and morals. I hate that I make money that way. I have a fisheries degree and am a massage therapist. But I work as a meat wrapper. My job doesn't require much desicion making or problem solving and I make enough to get by. I pray that if I am dilegent this time on the medication I will finally be able to move on.
The Following User Says Thank You to aquariu32 For This Useful Post:
Anna3000 (06-06-12)
Old 06-06-12, 06:53 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 2,452 Times in 1,333 Posts
CheekyMonkey has much to be proud ofCheekyMonkey has much to be proud ofCheekyMonkey has much to be proud ofCheekyMonkey has much to be proud ofCheekyMonkey has much to be proud ofCheekyMonkey has much to be proud ofCheekyMonkey has much to be proud ofCheekyMonkey has much to be proud ofCheekyMonkey has much to be proud ofCheekyMonkey has much to be proud of
Re: my reason for starting meds again-getting the job i deserve

I'm cheering for you!

Do what you have to do to get to a better place!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CheekyMonkey For This Useful Post:
Anna3000 (06-06-12), aquariu32 (06-06-12)
Old 06-06-12, 06:56 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 2,410 Times in 1,334 Posts
TheChemicals has disabled reputation

Hi. Looks like we are on the same boat. Sometimes i just want to steal a million dollars and disapear into the mountains.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TheChemicals For This Useful Post:
425runner (06-06-12), Anna3000 (06-06-12), aquariu32 (06-06-12)
Sponsored Links
Old 06-06-12, 07:44 PM
ADDvanced Member

Anna3000 has a spectacular aura aboutAnna3000 has a spectacular aura about

Don't put yourself down for doing what you have to do to get by - you don't deserve that!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anna3000 For This Useful Post:
aquariu32 (06-06-12), Unmanagable (06-07-12)
Old 06-14-12, 11:11 PM

aquariu32 has a spectacular aura aboutaquariu32 has a spectacular aura about

It's been a week and a half since I started up on adderall again. Started out with 10 mg quick release. I was on 20mg xr before and the doctor said I could adjust the dosage up to 20 as needed. Today I took both doses at 20mg and it seemed a good level. I def felt a bit more present and not as foggy. I hope I can get to the point in the next couple months where I can think and work like everyone else. My boss says that he could spend hour watching me work because I am so irradic. He thinks it's funny but I don't. Most of the time it takes me 5 steps to complete a task when it sould take 2. The easyiest way to do something is the hardest for me to see.
Old 06-15-12, 04:15 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 33,094 Times in 15,350 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquariu32 View Post
It's been a week and a half since I started up on adderall again. Started out with 10 mg quick release. I was on 20mg xr before and the doctor said I could adjust the dosage up to 20 as needed. Today I took both doses at 20mg and it seemed a good level. I def felt a bit more present and not as foggy. I hope I can get to the point in the next couple months where I can think and work like everyone else. My boss says that he could spend hour watching me work because I am so irradic. He thinks it's funny but I don't. Most of the time it takes me 5 steps to complete a task when it sould take 2. The easyiest way to do something is the hardest for me to see.
I'm pulling for you. Next time your boss chuckles at your very real disorder tell him to go f**k himself.

I carried a watermelon?