ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > SCIENTIFIC DISCUSSIONS, RESEARCH, NEWS AND EVENTS > Current ADD Events & News > ADD Events
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

ADD Events Listing of upcoming AD/HD related events such as conferences, workshops, chats, etc.

Old 02-09-13, 08:14 AM
Contrapunctual Moderator

Thanked 21,418 Times in 10,804 Posts
namazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond repute
ADHD Across Lifespan - Free Online Course -- March 2013

The University of Pennsylvania is offering a free online course with Dr. Anthony Rostain, who's a well-known ADHD researcher.

It's called "Pay Attention!!! ADHD Across the Lifespan".

It will be offered via Coursera, starting March 18 and running for 12 wks.

More details about the course and the instructor can be found here:
http://www.upenn.edu/pennnews/news/p...ine-class-adhd

and here:
https://www.coursera.org/course/adhd
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to namazu For This Useful Post:
Dizfriz (02-09-13), Meadd (02-24-13), speculative (04-09-13), SquarePeg (02-09-13), tazoz (02-09-13)
Old 02-09-13, 09:17 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 2,996 Times in 1,531 Posts
SquarePeg has a reputation beyond reputeSquarePeg has a reputation beyond reputeSquarePeg has a reputation beyond reputeSquarePeg has a reputation beyond reputeSquarePeg has a reputation beyond reputeSquarePeg has a reputation beyond reputeSquarePeg has a reputation beyond reputeSquarePeg has a reputation beyond reputeSquarePeg has a reputation beyond reputeSquarePeg has a reputation beyond reputeSquarePeg has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ADHD Across Lifespan - Free Online Course -- March 2013

Thanks, it would be great to all take this course together and discuss. I started a course recently but it became too much for me, I didnīt have the time to do all the reading, a shame because it was called The social context of mental health and illness.

Letīs do it guys, itīs free.

THanks for the info.
ps I just signed up!!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SquarePeg For This Useful Post:
Dizfriz (02-09-13), dogluver358 (02-18-13), namazu (02-09-13)
Old 02-09-13, 09:38 AM

Thanked 10,443 Times in 3,292 Posts
Dizfriz has a reputation beyond reputeDizfriz has a reputation beyond reputeDizfriz has a reputation beyond reputeDizfriz has a reputation beyond reputeDizfriz has a reputation beyond reputeDizfriz has a reputation beyond reputeDizfriz has a reputation beyond reputeDizfriz has a reputation beyond reputeDizfriz has a reputation beyond reputeDizfriz has a reputation beyond reputeDizfriz has a reputation beyond repute

Great. I listed this one and a couple of others.
http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139786

The more we can get these out there the better and the more we will have knowledgeable people on ADHD.

Dizfriz
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dizfriz For This Useful Post:
namazu (02-09-13), speculative (04-09-13)
Sponsored Links
Old 02-09-13, 09:53 AM

Thanked 2,996 Times in 1,531 Posts
SquarePeg has a reputation beyond reputeSquarePeg has a reputation beyond reputeSquarePeg has a reputation beyond reputeSquarePeg has a reputation beyond reputeSquarePeg has a reputation beyond reputeSquarePeg has a reputation beyond reputeSquarePeg has a reputation beyond reputeSquarePeg has a reputation beyond reputeSquarePeg has a reputation beyond reputeSquarePeg has a reputation beyond reputeSquarePeg has a reputation beyond repute

Gotta say, I know know that a lot of it will be beyond me so Iīm counting on your guys to explain.
Old 02-09-13, 11:51 AM

Dizfriz has a reputation beyond reputeDizfriz has a reputation beyond reputeDizfriz has a reputation beyond reputeDizfriz has a reputation beyond reputeDizfriz has a reputation beyond reputeDizfriz has a reputation beyond reputeDizfriz has a reputation beyond reputeDizfriz has a reputation beyond reputeDizfriz has a reputation beyond reputeDizfriz has a reputation beyond reputeDizfriz has a reputation beyond repute

A suggestion for watching these videos:

Very often the do not include the slides.

There is a very good free program called Picpick that allows you to capture them and save to the hard drive as a jpg for later review.

Free and good are words that go together well.

Dizfriz
The Following User Says Thank You to Dizfriz For This Useful Post:
namazu (02-09-13)
Old 02-09-13, 12:29 PM
Contrapunctual Moderator

namazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizfriz View Post
Great. I listed this one and a couple of others.
http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139786
Thanks for pointing this out! I missed your post the first time around.

I wonder if this course would be good for interested parents/partners/etc....
Old 03-14-13, 01:27 PM
Jr Member

AndyTheNerd is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb Re: ADHD Across Lifespan - Free Online Course -- March 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquarePeg View Post
Thanks, it would be great to all take this course together and discuss. I started a course recently but it became too much for me, I didnīt have the time to do all the reading, a shame because it was called The social context of mental health and illness.

Letīs do it guys, itīs free.

THanks for the info.
ps I just signed up!!
It begins next week! I'm excited.

I'm new here, so I don't want to rush in and take over, but I would definitely appreciate if we had a new weekly thread for each chapter, so that we can go over the materials together. That, to me, would make the class so much more practical, since I'm taking it in hopes of better understanding myself and my methods of navigating society.
The Following User Says Thank You to AndyTheNerd For This Useful Post:
namazu (03-15-13)
Old 03-14-13, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyTheNerd View Post
It begins next week! I'm excited.

I'm new here, so I don't want to rush in and take over, but I would definitely appreciate if we had a new weekly thread for each chapter, so that we can go over the materials together. That, to me, would make the class so much more practical, since I'm taking it in hopes of better understanding myself and my methods of navigating society.
You might also want to look into this. There are a several references to good information on ADHD listed there.
http://www.addforums.com/forums/show...14#post1099114

Good luck with the course.

Dizfriz
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dizfriz For This Useful Post:
mctavish23 (03-14-13), namazu (03-15-13)
Old 03-15-13, 01:15 AM
Contrapunctual Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyTheNerd View Post
That sounds like a great idea. Feel free to start a new thread in the "Higher Education" section for group review/discussion of the materials presented in an online course, webinar, or workshop.