ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > Men with ADD/ADHD
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Men with ADD/ADHD This forum is for men to discuss issues related to being a man with AD/HD.

Old 01-04-06, 02:50 PM

ricardo is on a distinguished road
I'd seriously recommend all you guys check this out... http://www.doubleyourdating.com/ - this has changed me immensely. Read the ebooks, watched the DVDs, listened to audio files. I can now flirt no problem and I know what goes on in their mind when they're interacting with guys...

Still gotta work on my emotions though. I'm very emotionless. But I'm working on it...
Old 01-04-06, 03:53 PM

Dogg is on a distinguished road
Im so retarded I had a girl tell me she wanted to marry me the first time she saw me. I thought she was messn with me. I had it for her so bad she had no idea. I was like a lil puppy dog waiting for her to come home from school. She was literally the girl next door. Then she packed up and moved away, taking my heart with her.

What I liked about her was she was so upbeat. Exact opposite of me.
Old 01-05-06, 07:45 PM

Thanked 1,995 Times in 1,112 Posts
Crazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond repute
Haha that was funny!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FightingBoredom
Toby, I'd agree with you except that I think sex gods/goddess's actually end up having sex rather than walking away scratching their head and asking..."was I being hit on?"
Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-06, 08:08 PM

Crazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond repute
Wow!

Hey people.
I'm sure I've replied to this thread, but I've just really realised how stupid I was when I was younger when it came to guys...I'm SO SO CLUELESS!!

Scenario 1: I was in my final year of secondary school when I made friends with 2 guys, one was just a friend and nothing more and the other one was overly nice to me, overly accepting of the fact I have ADHD (yes the whole school knew I had it) and was always sitting near me, once he tried to arrange an after school hang out type of outing which never eventuated and he made the comment "oh and you can stay at my house and sleep on the couch" I told my mother this and she said "Selena that guy had a thing for you" I was like nah he was just my friend mummy dearest then said "No Selena you know what happens when you go to a guys house and end up on the couch!" and only then did I cotton on and I was like OMG I had absolutely NO idea at all of this guys intentions.

Scenario 2: I was still at school and actually liked someone else (not the 1st guy I described) and I got a friend to call his home to tell him I liked him and after the school break I saw him at school and he was acting strange like smiling a lot when he saw me (he usually ignored me until then) and I was SOOOOO confused...what do you think that was about???

Scenario 3: I got my first job at 17 at McDonalds and I met this guy named Cesar and there were several rumours flying around that he "supposedly" liked me and yes I liked him too but he did nothing more except say hi, how are you and a lot of smiling, his best friend once mentioned that Cesar like me and I was like "yeah right whatever" and not believing it (I often thought why the hell would a guy like Cesar who was good looking, a nice person and quiet popular with the girls have ANY kind of interest in a total freak like me??) well I went to this girls party and got totally drunk and it was embarrasing I still cringe about my behaviour at this party, this thing went on for about a year with people telling me that he "supposedly" likes me and telling me about what he gets up to as if doing a running commentary on his life and I also started to recieve some unusual phone calls which I still think were a bad joke at my expense (I wasn't the most popular girl in any social situation)...could this guy have liked me or was this just a really bad and hurtful joke???? I'll say that Cesar himself was always nice to me.

I feel for everyone whose ever been through this.

Selena
Old 01-05-06, 08:33 PM

Honey... when someone tells you a guy likes you, believe it; then, act with him like you know it. Even if it's not true, playing the game doesn't hurt, especially if you consciously see it like a game, not Potential Utopia vs. Potential End Of The World. Feel confident, tease him. Guys are insecure by nature... and you being ADHD, an insecure guy may have more tendency to develop a crush on you, perhaps because he empathises more, humm... me wonders. But hey, if you like a guy, don't necessarily give "the" first step, but get closer, let him get closer, put him at ease while also playing hard to get, go with the flow... and be confident. That's the most important. These are my four cents, for now...
Old 01-08-06, 11:59 PM

Darling!....I have many reasons to be sceptical when someone tells me that either they or someone else likes, I've been set up badly once and I've basically been cautious ever since...I have a heart and I don't want it hurt, I find romantic relationships hard at the best of times......I just need to be more confident within myself I guess
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardo
Honey... when someone tells you a guy likes you, believe it; then, act with him like you know it. Even if it's not true, playing the game doesn't hurt, especially if you consciously see it like a game, not Potential Utopia vs. Potential End Of The World. Feel confident, tease him. Guys are insecure by nature... and you being ADHD, an insecure guy may have more tendency to develop a crush on you, perhaps because he empathises more, humm... me wonders. But hey, if you like a guy, don't necessarily give "the" first step, but get closer, let him get closer, put him at ease while also playing hard to get, go with the flow... and be confident. That's the most important. These are my four cents, for now...
Old 01-21-06, 02:38 AM
Banned

mccoffee is on a distinguished road
It's funny when i first started this thread I met this girl at the dog park around the same time. She did like me I know it's a suprise to most of you on here when I finnially figured it out threw my thick head I didn't see her. I thought my me giving her a mix a cd is what scared her off. It turns out that her mother died she was going though a divource. I didn't even know she was married.

I'm friends with her which is cool I'm very happy about that. Now it's like more of fear would I screw this one up like I did countless others ,and somewhat continue to do even unintenionally.

Life is messed up lately I've been meeting women who all are great, yet it's the wrong time, wrong place wrong circumstance. It's kinda works out though not in the mood for anything serious however I have a hunch on this one knew it from day one. This leaves me in a perdicatmate don't want to push anything the more I wait which i don't mind it'll be great if it lead to mere. That will putting all my eggs in one basket not sure if that is a great idea.

Great Ideas get me in trouble that's why day to day I wish i had a labotomy so i won't relize that i am sick/addhd plus my grades will improve since most of thease proffs have no common sense anyway then again who does anymore if we did we wouldn't be posting here
Old 01-23-06, 10:06 PM
Jr Member

octatonic is on a distinguished road
I used to experience this, but not so much anymore.
Kinda the opposite now.

What is the quote?

"In my youth, my compliments were taken as declarations of love. Now my declarations of love are taken as compliments"
Old 01-28-06, 02:21 AM
Banned

mccoffee is on a distinguished road
I"m batting a 1,000 lately I shotted myself in th foot with that one dog park girl. It was one of those mornings where you know you should've called off and slept in. My english class it was hillarous had a lecture on time managment which is ironic cause were wasting time talking about. Nothing personal against she has an overbearing voice which i understand it's good to clear and project at times it was like to much. So with that said went to dog park here she was with some dude i know she had guy fiends which i shouldn't care or let it bother me. Guess what it did I forgot what exectly what I said at the same itme I don't care the one day that everything went wrong..

So congrats to me woo hooo
Old 01-30-06, 10:18 PM
ADDvanced Member

madd is on a distinguished road
Darwin

I'm new here and I didn't want to read all gazillion posts on this subject. So I'm sorry if this has been addressed, but have any of you wondered about the Darwinistic aspect of things like ADD. The defect making coupling harder and more likely to fail thereby protecting the gene pool of the species. This is kinda how I see myself. I figure that I'm gonna die alone. I'm just trying to resign myself to the fact. Now I know most of you are gonna say "No way", "that's dumb", but think about. It both makes sense and is a huge fear of mine.
Old 04-01-06, 12:32 PM

ryan1950 is on a distinguished road
man with add/adhd oblivious when being hit on by females

Never ever was aware of when i was been hit on in the subtle ways women initiate come ons.
Old 04-01-06, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madd
I'm new here and I didn't want to read all gazillion posts on this subject. So I'm sorry if this has been addressed, but have any of you wondered about the Darwinistic aspect of things like ADD. The defect making coupling harder and more likely to fail thereby protecting the gene pool of the species. This is kinda how I see myself. I figure that I'm gonna die alone. I'm just trying to resign myself to the fact. Now I know most of you are gonna say "No way", "that's dumb", but think about. It both makes sense and is a huge fear of mine.
if you're pessimistic, most likely you'll die alone

if you're optimistic and try to get your game on, most likely you'll not die (i for myself believe i'll live enough to be able to be physically immortal ehe) and will always be surrounded by great cute hot smart intelligent babes that will love the mistery u provoke on them

but it takes effort and negativity will be your biggest obstacle, always

don't want at all to make your scientific effort look ridiculous, not at all, your theory could have some logic, but you don't want to believe it so, don't

Old 04-01-06, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan1950
Never ever was aware of when i was been hit on in the subtle ways women initiate come ons.
but do you still want to learn? never 2 late

if you do, have u heard of www.doubleyourdating.com ?

he explains the tricks and how to interpret women

if you can't get to a part where he sells the 77 laws, let me know. it's the best. straight to the point, with subconscious work. dvd.

i've got in contact with the 77 laws product just last week through a newsletter i've been receiving for more than a year and have ordered it right away

wonder if he makes it avlbl right on to new subscribers of the nl. if he doesn't i can give u a link i guess

lemme know

have a gr8 weekend

ric
Old 04-13-06, 02:13 PM

Jackattack is on a distinguished road
I can always tell when my friends are getting hit on and I can give excellent information on what he should do to get it started. But If it's me getting hit on Im oblivious to the fact. Even if I do think so I always have doubts about it. Sometimes if I think a girl likes me but I don't like them I run away from them because Im afraid if they know I don't like them it will hurt their feelings. And If a girl I like is attractive to me I run away from them because Im afraid Im going to mess everything up and make myself look dumb. So no matter what Im constantly running away from women.
Old 04-19-06, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackattack
I can always tell when my friends are getting hit on and I can give excellent information on what he should do to get it started. But If it's me getting hit on Im oblivious to the fact. Even if I do think so I always have doubts about it. Sometimes if I think a girl likes me but I don't like them I run away from them because Im afraid if they know I don't like them it will hurt their feelings. And If a girl I like is attractive to me I run away from them because Im afraid Im going to mess everything up and make myself look dumb. So no matter what Im constantly running away from women.
I relate to what you say. I remember being very young and whenever having the idea a girl liked me and I didn't, I'd make sure she wouldn't love me. In the psychologist we seemed to have reached the conclusion it relates to my mother on one hand seeing me and treating me as a genious angel and on the other hand, exploding (after compressing..), over my bad disruptive behaviour. I subconsciously seem to have told myself that being loved meant making suffer. Do you relate to this hypothesis?