ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > Women with ADD/ADHD
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Women with ADD/ADHD This forum is for women to discuss issues related to being a woman with AD/HD.

Old 03-28-04, 11:36 PM
Contributor

Brianne will become famous soon enough
Congrats...........When are you getting married? I am getting married too! I have mine posted in Chit Chat. Maybe we can chat about ideas and such sometime.
Best of luck to you!

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt within the heart!

Forgetfulness is a sign of genius!

-Bri
Old 03-29-04, 02:01 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Nucking_Futs has a spectacular aura aboutNucking_Futs has a spectacular aura about
OK I can't help but discuss my wedding. I had the dress, the church and I mean everything laid out to a T. Then my mother in law decided to start complaining about the dress (it was white and I was pregnant), the food, the flower's. So, at the last minute I told my husband to be "Forget it".

Well, we come from a small town and nobody would believe that I was the one saying NO and Doug was the one saying YES. So, he guilt tripped me into at least getting married. We ended up calling his family 20 minutes before the ceremony and getting married at a justice of the peace on the court house lawn. We then had a huge bash for friend's and family at the local pub. It was great fun. Then to spite my mother in law one more time I took my son, my new groom and my pregnant self off to South Dakota for a month with the money I had saved from my wedding.

So instead of one day I'll never forget I have 30.

In other word's--DO WHAT IS RIGHT FOR YOU AND YOUR GROOM. It's your day and no one else's.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming, "WOW! What a ride!!"

Old 03-29-04, 09:23 AM
Forum ADDvocate

krisp will become famous soon enough
I remember one of my (very religious) sisters asking tentatively what color my dress was going to be. I said, indignantly, "virginal white!"
Old 03-29-04, 09:48 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Nucking_Futs has a spectacular aura aboutNucking_Futs has a spectacular aura about
lol Good for you krisp.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming, "WOW! What a ride!!"

Old 04-06-04, 08:43 AM
Contributor

kat_in_mich is on a distinguished road
LOL well i have been married and divorced twice and fixing to get married a 3rd time at the end of april or beginning of may...yes this year.
the first time was very last minute....JP and then went to restaurant for reception....only a hand full of people....this marriage didnt make it 3 mos. and i had only known him about 3 weeks before we got married......the 2nd one we only knew each other about 2 mos before getting married got married in a little chapel in Virginia Beach, VA and then went to our favorite club to celebrate. and were seperated after only 7 mos........and now i have been with Mike for over 2 YRS(whoo hoo) and getting married soon.....the thing that i would have changed about the other two and that i am not making the same mistake...is that i am gonna make sure my family is there. and we are making sure that his family is up here too.

dont know how we are gonna do it financially....we have very little money and no credit to be able to go into debt...LOL.

anyhow enjoy the planning and the day....i know i am not gonna stress over the little stuff.....if we have to we will just get everyone together (parents ect....) and go to courthouse and then just have a cook out when we get done.

hugs and luv and good luck