ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > Women with ADD/ADHD
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Women with ADD/ADHD This forum is for women to discuss issues related to being a woman with AD/HD.

Old 07-30-03, 07:19 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

fasttalkingmom has a spectacular aura aboutfasttalkingmom has a spectacular aura about
A moment that ending up working(ADDer venting)

I was making something new for dinner part of the recipe was hard for me to process. You had to arrange 16 pieces of crescent roll dough around a pizza pan. I asked my husband if he could see how it was to work as I was having trouble.....

He got bossy and irritated with me. I got upset threw the dough at the counter and walked off.....

He sat down and begain lecturing me on how I wasn't using the"right" words and he wasn't going to help me....

I'm sitting there trying not to let what he's saying make me feel small and stupid.... When he goes over to the counter and arranges the dough just the way it supposed to look... Shows it to me and in a very kind way says" how's that?"...

I thanked him and told him how hard that was for me to do and how it didn't help me to have him pick at my words, rather than just helping me....He agreed....

It's always hard for me to ask him for help... He's very hard on me if I ask for help with something he feels is easy and something I can do myself.....

On a good note, I feel good he helped me and agreed he was being a jerk....

Thanks for reading my vent !

Paula
Old 07-30-03, 07:54 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 5,585 Times in 2,411 Posts
tudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond repute
I know what you mean. My hubby can be the same. He's the only 'normal' person in the house so it's quite frustrating for him, and also frustrating for us.
Old 07-30-03, 08:54 AM
Favorite "Aunt Joan" to Little Jessica

joanrdtobe will become famous soon enough
Thanks for sharing the vent..and all's well that end's well. Maybe this was a learning experience for you both....and next time perhaps he won't be so hard on you and next time you won't find it as difficult to ask for help for something even if you think HE thinks it's an easy thing.

"If you change the way you look at things -- the things you look at change"

Dr. Wayne Dyer (The Power of Intention)
Sponsored Links