ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > Women with ADD/ADHD
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Women with ADD/ADHD This forum is for women to discuss issues related to being a woman with AD/HD.

Old 08-02-03, 03:54 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 5,585 Times in 2,411 Posts
tudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond repute
Question ADD and PMS

I have 'time of the month' coming up in about a week. Does anyone have any ideas to help me not turn into a homocidal maniac?
Old 08-02-03, 10:24 AM

fasttalkingmom has a spectacular aura aboutfasttalkingmom has a spectacular aura about
I have had PMS mildly for years and years. It got very bad for me when I was about 32. I didn't seek help for it untill I was about 35. First I was on Prozac then Zoloft. Both worked well for me. I stopped taking Zoloft about 5 months ago, I was gaining so much weight, for me the Zoloft increased my appetite. I discovered I was no longer having what I called "bad" PMS.. My Dr. tells me this is due to hormone changes. I'm heading down the menopause trail .....lol... Thank goodness.....lol....

Take a look at these links, maybe you'll find some info. that works for you..... Hope this post is helpful, I know for me having PMS and ADD was just the worst....

http://www.pmdd-and-menstruation.com...d-and-pms.php3

http://www.healthyplace.com/Communit...ssion/pmdd.asp

http://www.wdxcyber.com/nmood06.htm

http://www.pmdd.factsforhealth.org/treatment/meds.html
Old 08-02-03, 11:29 AM

Tara is a name known to allTara is a name known to allTara is a name known to allTara is a name known to allTara is a name known to allTara is a name known to all
Are you on any medication? If you are you may want to talk to your Dr about changing the dose during while you have PMS. Some of the newer research suggests that stimulant medication can be less effective due to the hormonal changes during PMS.
Old 08-06-03, 08:45 AM

Thanked 5,585 Times in 2,411 Posts
tudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond repute
Hi,

Thanks for your feedback. I'm already on dex, Luvox and Solian but I'm increasing the Luvox for the next couple of weeks to try and tame the monster within.

Glad to hear it gets better with menopause.