ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > SCIENTIFIC DISCUSSIONS, RESEARCH, NEWS AND EVENTS > Current ADD Events & News > ADD Events
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

ADD Events Listing of upcoming AD/HD related events such as conferences, workshops, chats, etc.

Old 11-24-07, 10:53 AM

Er Indoors is on a distinguished road
Any UK meetups planned?

Are there or have there been any meetups in the UK for AD/HD people? It would be nice to meet others.. a social cock-up no doubt! But funny

Old 11-24-07, 09:19 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 6,054 Times in 2,509 Posts
kilted_scotsman has a reputation beyond reputekilted_scotsman has a reputation beyond reputekilted_scotsman has a reputation beyond reputekilted_scotsman has a reputation beyond reputekilted_scotsman has a reputation beyond reputekilted_scotsman has a reputation beyond reputekilted_scotsman has a reputation beyond reputekilted_scotsman has a reputation beyond reputekilted_scotsman has a reputation beyond reputekilted_scotsman has a reputation beyond reputekilted_scotsman has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Any UK meetups planned?

There are meet ups around the UK...but up here they're all for parents of young kids with ADHD

kilt
Old 11-25-07, 07:08 AM

Ariosto is on a distinguished road

I know of four groups for adults; Bristol, Central London, Harrow, and Norwich. The Central London Group is listed in Meetup, and it meets on the first Tuesday of the month. The Bristol Group does not appear in meetup, but it meets on the first Monday of the month. I'm afraid that I don't know about any adult groups in Scotland. But if anyone wants information about the four groups listed above, as well as information about a national UK campaign group that has formed, feel free to contact me.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-25-07, 11:56 AM
Jr Member

mirkle is on a distinguished road

Sorry, new here - where is Meetup? I cant see it on the forum main page, and searching for it doesnt produce anything.
Old 11-25-07, 06:42 PM

Hi Mirkle,

It's a different website that helps people with similar interests form community groups. I think they charge a fee for the service, but I'm not sure.
Old 11-27-07, 05:50 PM

Rudyard Rebel is on a distinguished road

What about us ADD teenagers? What's going on there?
Old 11-28-07, 05:00 AM

That's actually a very good question, and I'm afraid I don't know the answer. My focus has been on adults with adhd because I wasn't diagnosed until I was an adult.

But I can understand that child and parent centered groups are not always appropriate or even equipped to handle teen issues, and again neither are the adult groups (except that you are transitioning into adulthood, and currently adhd support for adults in the uk is not good).

Would you be open to setting up your own meetings with other teens in your area?
Old 03-24-14, 03:44 PM

kaveh1090 is on a distinguished road

Hello all,

If anyone is interested in participating in a strength-based workshop then please check out the link below:

www.addspark.co.uk

The event will be hosted by Dr. Edward Hallowell, a leading voice in the field of ADHD. His strength-based approach to this potential "asset" (ADHD) is a breath of fresh air and is something that anyone can benefit from, whether a parent, educator, health professional or adult with ADHD.

The event will be interactive and provide an opportunity for you meet some interesting people. Refreshments and food will be served also!

Will be hosted in Richmond, London (UK).

Have a good day everyone!