ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > Women with ADD/ADHD
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Women with ADD/ADHD This forum is for women to discuss issues related to being a woman with AD/HD.

Old 03-11-04, 06:05 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

pembroke is just really nicepembroke is just really nicepembroke is just really nicepembroke is just really nice
ADD and female, and i cannot for the life of me understand addictions. so, i guess that would make me a hard-hearted woman. maybe if i were "normal" (whatever that means) i would have difficulty accepting add in my man. fortunately, (or not) i have add, and he's the "normal" one. which means he calls my add a crutch for me to lean on when i don't want to deal with improving myself.

i think it all depends on the persons involved in the relationship.

am i making sense?
Baruch Spinoza

Old 03-11-04, 06:57 PM
ADDvanced Member

Vero is on a distinguished road
I have always had trouble with relationships in the past - was always drawn to destructive one....adhd. But I never had a steady boyfriend until I met my add man that I am with now. I didn't know I have adhd until 2 years into the relationship and he has DEFINITELY been more tolerant of my behavior than any other man I've known. Before my diagnosis, I always wondered, "Why does this guy put up with me?!?!?" It all makes sense now. It's almost like we had this subconscience understanding and would just forgive each other when we had our little adhd moments - even though he didn't know I was having the same brain malfunctions he was experiencing.

) Good Post!