ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > Men with ADD/ADHD
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Men with ADD/ADHD This forum is for men to discuss issues related to being a man with AD/HD.

Old 04-03-08, 08:42 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

newfdog is a glorious beacon of lightnewfdog is a glorious beacon of lightnewfdog is a glorious beacon of lightnewfdog is a glorious beacon of lightnewfdog is a glorious beacon of lightnewfdog is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Sex and ADHD

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownrabbit View Post
you guys are all way too funny!! You have all given me a cheery start to the day.

Btw sorry to crash the "boys party" here just thought maybe u might want the female side of this .
Hey happy to have company and the opposite sexes POV. Would you believe I am shy in the presence of women and not too sure of myself?
The Following User Says Thank You to newfdog For This Useful Post:
~boots~ (04-23-08)
Old 04-03-08, 09:01 PM
ADDvanced Member

Lynx777 is a jewel in the roughLynx777 is a jewel in the roughLynx777 is a jewel in the rough

No problem BrownRabbit, join right in.

I never really thought about it but I think you may be right. At 41 I'm still high maintenance in the sex department, and I don't think that's going to change any time soon.

Let's just say that the frequency would stager most people. Nuf said?
The Following User Says Thank You to Lynx777 For This Useful Post:
~boots~ (04-23-08)
Old 04-03-08, 09:10 PM
Contributor

brownrabbit will become famous soon enough

yep hearing you there , i used to wear my men out fairly quickly, not usually a girl thing. All come to a halt when i went through early menopause at 37 and sex drive hormones took a dive, now im maybe just normal. I kind of do miss the buzz though, not just about sex either, i was much happier. I think i had high testosterone now i have none, am thinking about going on a small dose, you can get it in a spray here, done studies and it works well for "wellbeing" and sex drive. Really we are just made up of a heap of chemicals and they all interrelate to each other, lose one and the others tend to become unbalanced. Hormones really do rule our lives , i guess its a matter of learning to live well with whatever we are dished out!!

peace to all,
Rabbit from Oz
The Following User Says Thank You to brownrabbit For This Useful Post:
~boots~ (04-23-08)
Sponsored Links
Old 04-20-08, 06:24 AM
Super Meowaderator

Thanked 15,433 Times in 6,132 Posts
meadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond repute
Moderator note - couldn't get all the hair out

Okay guys this is re-opened with portions moved and / or missing.

The salvageable portions are in Princess type vs girl next door - what do men really want in a woman The unsalvageable posts are - MIA and most likely to remain that way for the duration your life time.

I would ask that you folks please refrain from hijacking threads but it seem to have done very little good. Perhaps I should make a request some thing along the lines of

If you must hijack a thread at least try to make the rabbit trail interesting - There is absolutley nothing worse than reading through 116 boring off topic post.

{Nope - No ADD moderators around here, Yeppers my medications have worn off }

Follow ADDForums on Twitter & Facebook

Last edited by meadd823; 04-20-08 at 08:50 AM..
Old 04-23-08, 07:52 AM
Contributor

aloha1983 has a spectacular aura aboutaloha1983 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownrabbit View Post

On the subject of SEX ( all awake and alert now ?) and with the danger of giving too much person info away.....From a female ADDer point of view, my sex drive was always crazy high and from a very young age...( and i was still a virgin until quite late if you get my drift) But i was thinking, is this just another way of self-medicating???? Doesnt sex release alot of the hormones us ADDers are lacking??
Now that i think about it , its surprising i never really did drugs, or smoke, but maybe my high sex took the place of all of those.

Exactly the same here!!!! I didn't have sex til 18 and a half and... well, I just love it! But yes, I'd say masturbation (can you use that word on here? I'm guessing so) is the same in calming us down and helping us focus.

Oddly enought I'm inattentive, but I'm auditory wise I'm senstitive in places with lots of noise and stuff going on eg. parties, supermarkets, etc. So I can actually HYPERFOCUS on the sex., because there's not all these distractions, just me and him. It's unbelievable!

I'm a girl, so you guys are okay with us reading these kind of messages? I know I'm more than happy to give advice if you need a female's perspective.
The Following User Says Thank You to aloha1983 For This Useful Post:
~boots~ (04-23-08)
Old 04-23-08, 08:07 AM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

ozchris is a glorious beacon of lightozchris is a glorious beacon of lightozchris is a glorious beacon of lightozchris is a glorious beacon of lightozchris is a glorious beacon of light

I think I can speak for every guy here saying the more female perspectives the better interesting stuff how it's all a bit different for us ADDers.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ozchris For This Useful Post:
Lynx777 (04-28-08), ~boots~ (04-23-08)
Old 04-23-08, 09:27 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 4,525 Times in 1,786 Posts
Sandy4957 has a reputation beyond reputeSandy4957 has a reputation beyond reputeSandy4957 has a reputation beyond reputeSandy4957 has a reputation beyond reputeSandy4957 has a reputation beyond reputeSandy4957 has a reputation beyond reputeSandy4957 has a reputation beyond reputeSandy4957 has a reputation beyond reputeSandy4957 has a reputation beyond reputeSandy4957 has a reputation beyond reputeSandy4957 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm with you, AlohaGirl, on the hyperfocusing. I used to lose myself during the "deed," shall we say, and I absolutely loved it that way. It was sort of tantric, if you follow me. But sadly, that's not happening anymore. It seems to be due to a disconnect between me and the hubster, though, not any change in my hormones or what have you (I'm 41). Bums me out. I miss that selflessness part. It was like stepping outside your skin for a while.

I was dreamin' when I wrote this. So sue me if I go too fast. ~ 1999, Prince, 1982.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sandy4957 For This Useful Post:
~boots~ (04-23-08)
Old 04-23-08, 11:12 AM
Forum Guru

MJwatson has a spectacular aura aboutMJwatson has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy4957 View Post
I'm with you, AlohaGirl, on the hyperfocusing. I used to lose myself during the "deed," shall we say, and I absolutely loved it that way. It was sort of tantric, if you follow me. But sadly, that's not happening anymore. It seems to be due to a disconnect between me and the hubster, though, not any change in my hormones or what have you (I'm 41). Bums me out. I miss that selflessness part. It was like stepping outside your skin for a while.
Do you think it's just a phase? Maybe just gotten comfortable? My husband and I have gone through these phases...especially with it being 7 years and all. But when we rock it...we rock it! I have read that men peak in their late teens/early 20's and women in their 30s and 40s.
The Following User Says Thank You to MJwatson For This Useful Post:
~boots~ (04-23-08)
Old 04-23-08, 11:39 AM
ADDvanced Contributor

newfdog is a glorious beacon of lightnewfdog is a glorious beacon of lightnewfdog is a glorious beacon of lightnewfdog is a glorious beacon of lightnewfdog is a glorious beacon of lightnewfdog is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amykins View Post
Do you think it's just a phase? Maybe just gotten comfortable? My husband and I have gone through these phases...especially with it being 7 years and all. But when we rock it...we rock it! I have read that men peak in their late teens/early 20's and women in their 30s and 40s.

Not all of us. Some of us "older folks" have as much drive now as we did when younger. Difference is I think we know more how to get into the moment if you know what I mean. Timing is everything and takes practice, time and patients. Given a choice, some younger women would probably rather have us than the young whipper snappers.

Did I post that?

Anyway, back to topic

I guess my taste of have changed or should I say more refined over the years. I guess being short myself, I have always been attracted to the petite tiny women. Hair color does not really matter, was partial to redheads for a long time. I would say, I like whomever to be themselves and not try to be something they are not and don't try to turn me into something I am not. I hate whining!!!!!!!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to newfdog For This Useful Post:
meadd823 (04-27-08), ~boots~ (04-23-08)
Old 04-23-08, 11:50 AM
Forum Guru

Quote:
Not all of us. Some of us "older folks" have as much drive now as we did when younger. Difference is I think we know more how to get into the moment if you know what I mean. Timing is everything and takes practice, time and patients. Given a choice, some younger women would probably rather have us than the young whipper snappers.
I just 'read' it somewhere!

those young whipper-snappers....sigh! (can I call someone a whipper-snapper if I am 32?) LOL
The Following User Says Thank You to MJwatson For This Useful Post:
~boots~ (04-23-08)
Old 04-23-08, 11:56 AM

Thanked 1,450 Times in 1,165 Posts
~boots~ is a splendid one to behold~boots~ is a splendid one to behold~boots~ is a splendid one to behold~boots~ is a splendid one to behold~boots~ is a splendid one to behold~boots~ is a splendid one to behold~boots~ is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfdog View Post
Hey happy to have company and the opposite sexes POV. Would you believe I am shy in the presence of women and not too sure of myself?
errr....no

CHINESE PROVERB
Old 04-23-08, 11:57 AM

Thanked 1,450 Times in 1,165 Posts
~boots~ is a splendid one to behold~boots~ is a splendid one to behold~boots~ is a splendid one to behold~boots~ is a splendid one to behold~boots~ is a splendid one to behold~boots~ is a splendid one to behold~boots~ is a splendid one to behold

I think I am still a virgin

CHINESE PROVERB
The Following User Says Thank You to ~boots~ For This Useful Post:
Sandy4957 (04-23-08)
Old 04-23-08, 11:58 AM
ADDvanced Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy H. View Post
errr....no
oops

Hey just giving the perspective from a more mature point of view
Old 04-23-08, 11:59 AM
Forum Guru

Ditto! LOL
Old 04-23-08, 12:00 PM