ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > Men with ADD/ADHD
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Men with ADD/ADHD This forum is for men to discuss issues related to being a man with AD/HD.

Old 05-14-10, 03:21 PM

secularist is on a distinguished road
Re: Do you have and ride a Motorcycle?

have a GSXR750 for the track only. too paranoid riding on the street...realistically can only relax and enjoy being on the track 1 out of 3 times I'm out there. kinda sad as I'm an Instructor at a performance riding school

used to take Wellbutrin (that I miss) and Adderall (that I don't)
Old 05-14-10, 04:16 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 11,480 Times in 6,078 Posts
Rebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond repute

I have 6 bikes and I love it it is such a mental release an adrenalin rush for me.Ive wrecked 1, hit sand an lo sided my 1st bike.Avoided several wrecks by being fast on my toes an reacting quick.I have adhd since Ive been 4,I'm 35 now still don't know which type I have.I am clumsy as all hell put me on a bike and Its like Im graceful and my confidence level goes up bout 10 thousand points. For some reason not to brag but I can some how hyperfocus on riding an still think bout life and things but for most part it takes so much effort to concentrate on it after ride its like an orgasm I'm just left exhausted in a good way tho.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rebelyell For This Useful Post:
aeon (10-31-15), Meagan (05-24-13)
Old 05-20-10, 02:35 PM

yanshcher is on a distinguished road

Follow the advice of ZoomDude. Do you know when a rider fall in trouble when they think of trouble. So free your mind and ride your bike.
Old 05-20-10, 07:18 PM

Rebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond repute

Is there any 1 from NJ Pa/NY male or female wanna ride an hang out?Looking for a few riding buddies and gals don't be shy I don't bite just nibble alittle bit
Old 05-21-10, 10:52 PM

tommy peps will become famous soon enough
Smile Re: Do you have and ride a Motorcycle?

ITS CRAZY! i was just riding today back from work when i found myself paying attention to what people were doing in a parking lot next to the road and realized i wasn't paying attention. which got me to thinkg about this exact same thing! i never thought about it before i started riding but as long as your on the right meds i guess its prolly fine, im not right now tho LOL maybe i should put the bike away till its figured out.... dont really know
Old 05-28-10, 09:01 PM

I really love that zx 14 kawasaki but adrenalin is a drug an w speed comes great responsibility an restraint which I have little of.I actually have responsiblity just alittle impulsive here an there
Old 06-17-10, 08:36 AM
Jr Member

wrath186 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebelyell View Post
I really love that zx 14 kawasaki but adrenalin is a drug an w speed comes great responsibility an restraint which I have little of.I actually have responsiblity just alittle impulsive here an there
I'm not a speed junkie, but the ZX is a monster. I'm planning on getting a C14, which is based on the ZX, in a year or two.

I like to ride, because when my brain is all scattered I can somehow gain clarity by riding. My theory is that you HAVE to pay attention and focus when riding in traffic, so all the other "white noise" just fades.

Since I'm just starting to scratch the surface with ADD, it's been my only drug so far.
Old 06-21-10, 05:15 PM

JamesJ will become famous soon enough

I ride also. I have a Suzuki 750 and have put a little over 30K on her. I also have taken it to the track, but Im still a canyon junkie. The track is much safer of course, but the group rides are a real blast.

I dont take my ADD medication when I ride. How about you guys?
Old 06-21-10, 05:43 PM
Forum Guru

Maurice is a splendid one to beholdMaurice is a splendid one to beholdMaurice is a splendid one to beholdMaurice is a splendid one to beholdMaurice is a splendid one to beholdMaurice is a splendid one to beholdMaurice is a splendid one to behold

Yes, I have had several bikes over the years. I always enjoyed the Hell out of them too! My favorite and last motorcycle was a brand new Yamaha Vision 550cc. shaft-drive. It was pretty quick. Quick enough to outrun the Athens City Police Dept. I was clueless to the fact that I had ADD at the time of my riding days, Although I do really remember that I never felt so alive and on top of the world as I did when I was riding around on my motorcycle. I really do miss it. When I get my drivers' license back, I would love to get another motorcycle, there is nothing like the rush of the acceleration you get on a bike. Everyone that is lucky enough to be riding right now......be careful!!!!
Old 06-25-10, 07:47 PM

Juice will become famous soon enough

I LOVE riding - so zen . I just gt rid of my fatboy sadly. I had a springer before that .my first street ride
And yes I am a girl .And girls who ride rock. I need a new bike in a big way.
I never associated my love of bikes and some extreme sports to being ADHD but then again I wasn't diagnosed.
It is so much better for girls.Why do you think guys want passengers?
1430 cc between your legs. You get the picture
Old 06-25-10, 07:59 PM

chicks that ride now thats hawt!
Old 06-25-10, 09:15 PM

rode to Laconia in your part of the world
Old 06-25-10, 09:16 PM

Thanked 2,850 Times in 1,776 Posts
EshkaronsEngine has a brilliant futureEshkaronsEngine has a brilliant futureEshkaronsEngine has a brilliant futureEshkaronsEngine has a brilliant futureEshkaronsEngine has a brilliant futureEshkaronsEngine has a brilliant futureEshkaronsEngine has a brilliant futureEshkaronsEngine has a brilliant futureEshkaronsEngine has a brilliant futureEshkaronsEngine has a brilliant futureEshkaronsEngine has a brilliant future

One of my dad's clients just died by hitting a deer. It's not worth it to me. I do not want to die for hitting an animal no matter how zen I am feeling.

peripatetic is nuts and I'm the squirrel.
Old 06-25-10, 10:27 PM

I am vegan. I don't eat animals and I certainly don't want to hit one on the bike !!!! I had to give up leather chaps for pleather ones which has been incredibly difficult (boo hoo) Ok ,I still have one pair
I have a vegan cyclist friend that hit a bird by accident and it caused him a lot of grief .The goal is to stay on the ride and to not hit animals .
Riding is better for the environment too- Bonus!
Old 06-26-10, 08:12 PM
ADDvanced Member

Bikie will become famous soon enough

I have a motorbike that I ride all year round. it's a Suzuki GSF 600 more known as a Bandit. It's not flamboyant but I love it.

Having said that, I have always ridden motorbikes and had a fair bit of accidents when I was young.

I have not been diagnosed with ADD yet but know that I understand a bit more about ADD I can see where you are coming from.

From my experience, I am a bit impulsive when driving which is a bit dangerous but I do restrain myself. However it cost me a lot to concentrate to avoid going all wild.

Hope this helps.