ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > Men with ADD/ADHD
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Men with ADD/ADHD This forum is for men to discuss issues related to being a man with AD/HD.

Old 06-28-10, 12:06 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 11,480 Times in 6,078 Posts
Rebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Do you have and ride a Motorcycle?

My 1 co worker he always tells me to get rid of my HD its too loud,he gets stuck behind em and the hydrocarbons an noise an blah blah blah boo hoo hoo sob story.Well let me tell ya I get 55 mpg on my 883 sporty w drag pipes am screaming eagle intake,take that prius owners.If I had the money Id get a street glide or fatbob.I rather die on my bike doing what I love then die in the hospital sick w terminal cancer like my parents did.
Old 06-28-10, 07:27 PM

Juice will become famous soon enough

for you rebelyell

a recent rental (didn't like the handle bars but that could be changed)
on the way to Santa Barbara on the PCH (Pacific Coast Highway )

http://s880.photobucket.com/albums/a...t=SAM_0133.jpg

for those not in the know -a fatbob
Old 06-28-10, 08:09 PM

Rebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond repute

I wish I had a few chicks or guys to ride w and befriend,not gonna join a biker gang thats not my persona.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-28-10, 09:57 PM

JamesJ will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebelyell View Post
I wish I had a few chicks or guys to ride w and befriend,not gonna join a biker gang thats not my persona.
meetup.com or search for forums locally and you will find a lot of people to ride with. Not bragging or anything lol, but there are like 5-7 groups that I have found to ride with. All came from meetup or local bike forums.

Good luck
Old 07-02-10, 12:39 AM

Juice will become famous soon enough

I got to thinking about this today(always dangerous) ,along with 750,000 other things
Riding is a big picture sport .
We have to take in lots of information and decide. Perfect for ADHD .
In motorcycle school I learned the acronym SIPDE ( pronounced sip dee) . Scan- Interpret -Predict-Decide - Execute -Big Picture ...so ergo focused and happy.
I have some days where I get on the bike ( mostly before diagnosis and being familiar with how I work) where I knew I was in no condition to ride.
I would scare myself off the bike thinking (focusing maybe?) on everything that could go wrong , or knowing immediately my brain wasn't into it and I would never get in the zone. This is OK when you are close to home.
It kind of sucked when I was on the road and had to ride anyway .It took super human concentration skills to ride that whole day .

Luckily zen ,happy and delicious attitude adjustment wins much more often.

James, I have never taken medication before riding. I think the experience provides the right dose.
In my early 20's I used to have a couple of drinks when riding .
I am glad I survived.
The Following User Says Thank You to Juice For This Useful Post:
Meagan (05-24-13)
Old 07-02-10, 01:14 AM

JamesJ will become famous soon enough

I agree. I dont take my medication when I ride. Like you said-The experience provides the right dose!
Old 07-02-10, 04:57 PM

Nothing like the sound of an R1 w akrapovic exhaust in the morning or a ducati for that matter: Wishes yamaha still made an rz 500 2 smoker ohh yeah nothing like the smell of pre mix in the morning
Old 08-17-10, 05:26 PM

APM81 is on a distinguished road

Ive been riding for most of my 20's and its a great escape for me. I'm much more focused when im riding. The bike allows me to go explore places quicker,cheaper and have way more fun than if I was in a car. Im also addicted to the rush that you get from twisting the throttle on a 999cc rocket ship. I'll never get over that!!
Old 08-17-10, 08:30 PM
ADDvanced Member

huntley has a spectacular aura abouthuntley has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by APM81 View Post
Ive been riding for most of my 20's and its a great escape for me. I'm much more focused when im riding. The bike allows me to go explore places quicker,cheaper and have way more fun than if I was in a car. Im also addicted to the rush that you get from twisting the throttle on a 999cc rocket ship. I'll never get over that!!
Totally accurate: you hit the nail on the head man.
The high risk rush that comes with many vehicles gives me the focus I need to excel in driving motorbikes.
The Following User Says Thank You to huntley For This Useful Post:
APM81 (08-18-10)
Old 08-17-10, 09:05 PM

What kind of bike is that an aprilia? I have an aprilia 450 Rxv dirtbike,a 97 cbr 900RR tricked out,86 nitehawk 700s , a 97 hd 883 sporty a yamaha rt 180 and rt 100. And those are just the bikesPrevious bikes Zr 7s Klr 250 kdx 220R
The Following User Says Thank You to Rebelyell For This Useful Post:
APM81 (08-18-10)
Old 08-18-10, 04:13 PM

APM81 is on a distinguished road

Old 08-18-10, 09:08 PM

Sweet gixxser 1000,only thing I dont like about the gixxers is those stupid twin pipes.I dont like the fact they put another 25-50 onto the bike w bs cats for emissions. and that bikes are 10 grand jesus cripes !Do they think every 1 is Forbes? I like the zx 14 R yes if I ever get 1 the cats will go. And Ill only buy 1 if they get rid of the stupid acid color clown color combos and go puritan..All kawasaki racing green
Old 08-26-10, 07:43 PM

Winkle is on a distinguished road

New Member and of course I have a motorcycle.

02 Gixxer 600

Bought it for fun but now I mainly use it to commute to work.

Old 08-26-10, 08:07 PM

those are my favorite style of the gsxr 2002-2004
Old 09-01-10, 07:23 PM
Jr Member

Alpineski is on a distinguished road

I had a road-legal supermoto last summer.

Funny how almost all of your ADD symptoms seem to subside while you're riding. Except the ones that go "Hey, there's an open field over there. F-this traffic jam, let's go rip across it!"

The Following User Says Thank You to Alpineski For This Useful Post:
Meagan (05-24-13)