ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > General ADD Talk
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 03-25-10, 07:46 PM
ADDvanced Member

dugup1254 has a spectacular aura aboutdugup1254 has a spectacular aura about
Good book about 'What is Normal?'

The book is called "Friday's Laws - How To Become Normal When You're Not And How To Stay Normal When You Are".

First off, this book is not directly related to ADD/HD; however, I feel a lot of us here could probably personally relate to the content - I know I did. A lot of people here may not consider themselves 'normal' by different standards. The book goes in to detail about a few rules that, over many years as a therapist, the author has come to the conclusion are facts - not opionion concerning the human mind.

I hate reading, yet I found the text interesting and captive... it is written by a local doctor (Therapist) out of Pittsburgh. If you want to know more, just PM me!

Here are the chapters aka the rules of normal thinking.
  1. Life is difficult.
  2. Preception is reality.
  3. Change is the single toughest thing a human being can do.
  4. You can never change another human being; you can only change yourself. Once you change, they change, but you cannot change them.
  5. I am responsible for everything I do and say. I am not responsible for your response.
  6. The future and the past are seldom as good or as bad as we anticipate or remember.
  7. Nobody has a squeaky-clean psyche.
  8. The only thing that lasts forever is... Now.
If anyone here wants the book, I will send it free of charge (only usa though, shipping overseas can get pricey). All that I ask is that when you finish with it, you send it to someone else on these forums, and so on. You can also purchase it on Amazon for like $9 bucks I think
Old 03-26-10, 02:02 AM

Bottomimpulse is on a distinguished road
Re: Good book about 'What is Normal?'

Hmmmm... interesting topic... really.
But... unaware of my ADHD (I did feel and knew I was different) I tried to become normal, to try to become one of "them", to act normal... I never managed.

At the moment, after things fell into place... I am leading my ADHD life, I am happy and became a person with an identity that fits.

I want to keep it that way.