ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDForums FRONT OFFICE > Forums Help, Q&A
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 05-21-06, 04:17 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

auntchris is a jewel in the roughauntchris is a jewel in the roughauntchris is a jewel in the rough
Question swaying tulips and media

I was wondering why my tulips dont sway anymore and I cant see chameleons heart on my computer.

This is a new computer so i know it cant be my site I would hope not. I was at my moms the other day and showing her the forum and I saw chameleon bubbles that are hearts for the first time.

I have had so many people ask me why my tulips dont sway. They are special. A friend gave them too me.

I also want to know why does my media player only play part of a song. It use to play the whole song. and then it jumps it wont play the songs in order. This is the first time i have used it on this computer. Do I need to to something to it. Some one help please.

A child's mind is like a shallow brook which ripples and dances merrily over the stony course of its education and reflects here a flower, there a bush, yonder fleecy cloud... -Helen Keller

Old 05-21-06, 04:31 PM
Contributor

kvrrd has disabled reputation
your tulips sway on my computer. maybe one of your internet settings for security are set the wrong way.
As far as your media player, that depends on what kind it is. Sounds like the player and the song library are not synchronized. They may need to be initialized, one or other.
Old 05-21-06, 05:00 PM

auntchris is a jewel in the roughauntchris is a jewel in the roughauntchris is a jewel in the rough
where do i check for the security

and what do you mean about the windows media player.

A child's mind is like a shallow brook which ripples and dances merrily over the stony course of its education and reflects here a flower, there a bush, yonder fleecy cloud... -Helen Keller

Sponsored Links
Old 05-21-06, 05:32 PM
Contributor

Do you see any animations on this forum?
If you put your mouse on the tulips and save the tulips, [right mouse, save picture as, tulip.gif] on your desktop, then you can open it from the desktop and see if the file animates. Open it by double-clicking. If it animates there, then it might be your explorer settings.

The internet security thing: In the internet explorer window,
pick the tools drop down,
pick internet options,
pick security tab,
select the internet site and look at the settings down at the bottom of that panel.
Those can be set to disable activeX scripts and java - those things are what enables graphic content to come down to your machine from the internet. But if the stuff doesn't work on your computer, it doesn't have anything to do with the internet.

I'm thinking that you may need some software updates to run the graphics.

You're using windows media player, a new version?
Where is the content? Are the songs on a CD/DVD drive? Or a USB device, like an mp3 player? Or just music on your computer?
the media player, has some options you can set as well. Like how much error correction do want during the decompression of the song file?
My laptop is on a floating stand, so I can't play a CD from my DVD drive because the laptop shakes around too much.

am I flooding you with useless information?
Old 05-22-06, 12:01 AM

you are talking greek to me . kvrrd. I read part of what you said but dont understand the language. well some of it but not all. the tulips use to sway the graphics use to be fine. dont know what happened.

Old 05-22-06, 03:08 AM

chameleon has disabled reputation
Chris, is your graphic card in your new computer not as powerful as the one in your old computer?
BTW, I can see your tulips swayin' away
Old 05-22-06, 02:10 PM

what is the graphic card? Chameleon. I dont know the computer vocabulary not all of it. Where do I find the graphic card?

Old 05-22-06, 03:56 PM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

ms_sunshine has a spectacular aura aboutms_sunshine has a spectacular aura about
the tulips and the hearts move on my computer.
Old 05-22-06, 04:30 PM

ms_sunshine
the tulip dont sway on my new computer and
chameleons heart I dont see.
I did see them for the first time on my Mom computer
and was surprised.

I just wonder what else am I a missing.
I want to learn more about computers.

Old 05-22-06, 05:10 PM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

ms_sunshine has a spectacular aura aboutms_sunshine has a spectacular aura about
my purple flower moves, too.
Old 06-03-06, 07:51 PM

I dont see any graphic moving n my computer.
I remember that your flower use to move ms_sunshine.

this really bothers me. I want to understand too.
I dont know what a graphic card is or where it is located.
I would appreciate the help.

Old 06-03-06, 09:21 PM
Contributor

Chris,
You need to get someone to actually look at your computer. Your Mom maybe or whoever helped her with hers? Mine mom would never be able to help...lol.
Maybe a class at the library or adult education would help you get some basic skills.

You would have to tell us at the forum what kind of computer and operating system you have, how old it is, etc before anyone could guide you the steps.
If you have a window's operating system, you would have to know how how to open and navigate through the computer's control panel to discover what it was capable of.
The hardware in the computer, specifically a graphics card, can manage complicated algorithms to generate pictures, but it is software that is installed on your hardware and enabled by your operating system that pays attention to the content you want to have displayed - and then displays it.

Yes? Do you have anyone at home or nearby that could help you?
kristina
Old 09-12-06, 07:31 PM

okay all I am swaying , ms_sunshine is pulsing, sorry ms_sunshine, and chamelon is blowing bubbles. I see, the bad thing is I had to start my juno and reprogram the computer all from day one when i got it from Dell.
I am not sure if it was worth it.... I lost all my bookmarks and I had so many
and I need firefox and thunder bird again
oh well you are all moving yeah

Old 09-12-06, 08:06 PM
Contributor

cool.