ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-13-18, 11:52 AM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 22,041 Times in 13,025 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The what's bothering you RIGHT NOW thread Part IV

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychopathetic View Post
(((((((Midsy))))))) I hate having orverwhelming decisions that need to be made in life.

Is there anything I can do at all for you?
Maybe tell me "stay in Northumberland" or "move back down to Yorkshire"? I think I need someone else to make that decision for me

Only think is wherever I end up I *need* to have Ebony and Tigger with me, and Ebony needs her human mummy (as I have said before, Tigger has everyone fall in love with her and has no health issues so if I had to move to a no-pet place, Tigger would get rehomed within the blink of an eye but as I said before, Ebony would *never* get a new home, rescue charities would take one look at her and send her to the vet, one way trip

I applied for one full time job up here, if I get it I'll take that as a sign that I stay up here, I'll still be struggling with this decision if I don't get it though (I don't want to go back to work on Monday but have to)
Ebony (1st January 2014 - 2nd March 2018)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm

Old 01-13-18, 03:13 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 25,453 Times in 11,837 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraser_0762 View Post
I suspect I have allergies to gluten, carbs, sugars, salts, dairy... etc

Pretty much all food has at least one of these in them. I think my digestive system is broken, or not functioning the way it should be. I'm just not sure what else I can do to repair it.
I was reading an article earlier today about broken gut syndrome (my name),
and how they are experimenting with fixing it by killing all the bad bacteria
with antibiotics and then recolonizing the gut with fecal matter from a healthy
person. Ugh ... I know. But for those with Crones disease or IBS, could really
be worth it.

My granddaughter was having issues for several years. Finally we saw a gaster-
ontologist who prescribed giving her MiraLax every day for a week. It did help
but the problem returned so we had to try it again for another week. That was
even more help. Don't know if MiraLax is available where you live, it's Over
The Counter here.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following User Says Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
Fraser_0762 (01-13-18)
Old 01-13-18, 03:37 PM

Thanked 6,449 Times in 3,077 Posts
Fraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunacie View Post
I was reading an article earlier today about broken gut syndrome (my name),
and how they are experimenting with fixing it by killing all the bad bacteria
with antibiotics and then recolonizing the gut with fecal matter from a healthy
person. Ugh ... I know. But for those with Crones disease or IBS, could really
be worth it.

My granddaughter was having issues for several years. Finally we saw a gaster-
ontologist who prescribed giving her MiraLax every day for a week. It did help
but the problem returned so we had to try it again for another week. That was
even more help. Don't know if MiraLax is available where you live, it's Over
The Counter here.
It's most commonly known as leaky gut syndrome. It's usually caused by damage to the digestive tract, usually due to erosion due to too much stomach acid. It can cause toxins to leak directly into the blood stream, causing an auto immune response.

Probiotics are supposed to help heal the gut by adding good bacteria. But you still need to get rid of the bad bacteria before it will work. Unfortunately, antibiotics can cause further damage to the digestive system by killing off important digestive enzymes.

The best way is water fasting, with probiotics, but it's a really difficult thing to do.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-13-18, 04:13 PM

midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

I was talking to another member and I referred to my ex as turdbreath, was I being unfair? To turds?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (01-13-18), Lunacie (01-13-18), psychopathetic (01-13-18), WhiteOwl (01-13-18)
Old 01-13-18, 05:01 PM

Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightstar View Post
I was talking to another member and I referred to my ex as turdbreath, was I being unfair? To turds?

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following User Says Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
midnightstar (01-13-18)
Old 01-13-18, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunacie View Post
Is that offensive though? To turds? As in "what did the turd do to deserve getting compared to his breath"?

The Following User Says Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (01-13-18)
Old 01-13-18, 05:16 PM

Thanked 29,577 Times in 13,638 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightstar View Post
Is that offensive though? To turds? As in "what did the turd do to deserve getting compared to his breath"?
Yes very offensive but because you are such a sweetie the turds will forgive you...oh and also because even they know what a mega turd your ex is.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (01-13-18), midnightstar (01-13-18), psychopathetic (01-13-18), WhiteOwl (01-13-18)
Old 01-13-18, 05:18 PM

Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute

Big day today. We've moved little fuzzling into her own room. We left it till way to late so she was so tired that she just fell asleep but I really hope she'll stay asleep. I highly doubt it though.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (01-13-18), stef (01-13-18)
Old 01-13-18, 06:21 PM

Mod Note from your local, friendly moderators Please don't discuss politics on the main forum, save that for debates

Here is what the guidelines say:

Quote:
Originally Posted by guidelines
Banned Topics:
* The main focus of ADD Forums is to provide a safe supportive place for people affected by AD/HD, and other co-morbid disorders. To do this, sometimes we must limit the scope of the permitted topics, to foster such a supportive environment.

* We have had issues arise here that have prevented this from happening - primarily members voicing their opinions about religious and political matters. While everyone is allowed their own opinions, there really is no other way to prevent such issues from "disturbing the peace", except to keep these things completely out of the ADD Forums in the first place.

* It is against ADD Forums Guidelines to discuss religious and political matters on the ADD Forums.

This includes:

* All Posts
* All Signatures
* ADD Forums Chat
* Private messages (complaint driven)
* Email sent through ADD Forums (complaint driven)
* Social Groups (and the messages therein)
* Blogs
* Profile Messages
* Gallery Comments

and may include, but are not limited to:

* War
* Terrorism
* Religion
* Patriotism
* Democracy
* Racism
* Ethnicity
* Politics

Thanks

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (01-13-18), Greyhound1 (01-13-18), Lunacie (01-13-18), namazu (01-14-18)
Old 01-13-18, 08:51 PM
Mind Racing Moderator

Thanked 14,467 Times in 6,939 Posts
Greyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond repute

Not discussing politics but only feeling sorry for those in Hawaii who awoke to a terrifying false alarm today. I canít imagine their fear.

For 38 mins. this morning they were warned by government and all forms of media that they were under an imminent nuclear attack with in-coming missiles and to seek shelter. Even said this is not a drill. They said the false warning was caused by human error.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Greyhound1 For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (01-13-18), Little Missy (01-13-18), Lunacie (01-13-18), midnightstar (01-14-18), psychopathetic (01-13-18), stef (01-14-18)
Old 01-13-18, 08:56 PM

I'm worried by a noise Daisy Dove is making. She goes coo-co-coooo as usual, but then when she draws in another breath it's like a snoring kind of sound.
Never heard her make this sound before.

We took Reece's the guinea pig to the vet last week for a lung infection ... are
these so contagious that it passed from the guinea pig to the dove even though
they are generally in different rooms?

And of course it's the weekend so it would be very difficult to get ahold of the
exotic pets vet.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (01-13-18), stef (01-14-18)
Old 01-13-18, 09:00 PM

I don't know about doves but with my budgies in general as far as I know they are highly unlikely to get any infection from mammals.

Is her tail bobbing up and down? Opening and closing her beak? Chest vibrating? Again doves might be completely different but for the budgies I look for the above for signs of respiratory distress.

Hope she's ok and the guinea pig is better again as well.
Old 01-13-18, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy12 View Post
I don't know about doves but with my budgies in general as far as I know they are highly unlikely to get any infection from mammals.

Is her tail bobbing up and down? Opening and closing her beak? Chest vibrating? Again doves might be completely different but for the budgies I look for the above for signs of respiratory distress.

Hope she's ok and the guinea pig is better again as well.
I just looked up illness in birds and those were the things they said to look for.
But I don't see any of those signs. Just that odd noise when she finishes cooing.
She is preening and fluffing and cooing and bok-ing and seems fine otherwise.
Thanks for the info.

Old 01-13-18, 11:45 PM
e-(((hug))) extraordinaire!

Thanked 14,366 Times in 7,151 Posts
psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

((((((((((((((((Reece's))))))))))))))

Hope he's feeling better now. He's so lucky to have a family that is willing to take him to the vet when needed. <3 Thank you for giving him a good life (piggies are my favorite animal EVER lol).

(((((((MOM)))))))
I'll always fondly remember.

The Following User Says Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (01-14-18)
Old 01-14-18, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychopathetic View Post

((((((((((((((((Reece's))))))))))))))

Hope he's feeling better now. He's so lucky to have a family that is willing to take him to the vet when needed. <3 Thank you for giving him a good life (piggies are my favorite animal EVER lol).
Several days of antibiotics with special taste-good stuff and he's doing great.

I messaged my daughter and she says Daisy Dove has always made that noise.
Guess I've never been really close to her when cooed before. I think it sounds
like the wheezing noise an asthmatic makes trying to take a breath. She thinks
it sounds like a rubber band twanging. But I guess it's nothing to
worry about and I was just paranoid because Reece's had been sick.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
daveddd (01-14-18), psychopathetic (01-14-18), stef (01-14-18)
Closed Thread