ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Adderall
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adderall (four amphetamine salts)

View Poll Results: Does Adderall impair your ability to drive or operate machinery
Yes 0 0%
No 9 90.00%
Maybe/depends 1 10.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-14-18, 02:44 AM

PoppnNSailinMan has much to be proud ofPoppnNSailinMan has much to be proud ofPoppnNSailinMan has much to be proud ofPoppnNSailinMan has much to be proud ofPoppnNSailinMan has much to be proud ofPoppnNSailinMan has much to be proud ofPoppnNSailinMan has much to be proud ofPoppnNSailinMan has much to be proud of
Re: DWI from Adderall, and cops didn't see me driving?

Thanks for the update!
Bart Simpson (to the tune of “I'm Popeye the Sailor Man”): “When I can’t stop my fiddlin’, I just takes me Ritalin, I’m poppin’ and sailin’, man!” (“Brother’s Little Helper,” Season 11, episode 2, aired 10/3/99)
Old 01-14-18, 11:16 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 11,304 Times in 5,517 Posts
daveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DazyedDan505 View Post
Hey everyone, just wanted to post/provide/give a quick update to what's happening in the case, just so others can know if they ever have to go through something similar/like this.

I go back to court on the 16th for the final status hearing, in which hopefully some movement and progress in the case will be made before it goes to trial. Likewise pending the outcome on the 16th, is a motion my attorney filed to exclude testimony from both of the officers. Hopefully the judge will grant the motion. I'm so nervous for next tuesday. Then, after that date, Il go back to court on the 14th of February for Jury Selection. Its hard to believe this might make it to trial with a jury, something I'd previously have thought of as unimaginable in a case like this where I wasn't even witnessed behind the wheel. But if a jury trial is what it takes to get acquitted, then that's what I will go through to prove my innocence.

Also, another exciting development came in the form of a letter from the Motor Vehicle Division which read(s):

"Persuant to the Implied Consent Act (Sections 66-8-105 through 66-8-112), the State of New Mexico has ninety (90) days from the date a driver was served with the NOtice of Revocation in which to hold an administrative hearing.

As of this date, the citation and test results have not been submitted to the Motor Vehicle Division by the arresting officer, and no hearing on this matter will be scheduled at this time."

This letter really made me jump for joy, because to me/in my opinion, if the officer did not submit everything immediately following the arrest to the MVD, that means perhaps that the officer did not submit them because this is a weak case? What do you all think?

As someone with anxiety, as well, it's hard to describe the relief that being able to share my thoughts on a forum with others who have the same condition as me, allow me to feel. Its just a huge sign of relief being able to vent/express all of this, especially because of all the stress this has been causing me over the past few months. Thank you for reading/listening everyone, and I will update this further to let you know how the case progresses.

Best of luck and be safe out there everyone!

Il update this after my court date next week!
Wild story. Good luck

Btw. You should think about being a writer. To read post as long as yours is generally impossible for me but you kept me hooked
Old 01-14-18, 11:19 AM

Thanked 11,304 Times in 5,517 Posts
daveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppnNSailinMan View Post
As the famous proverb goes, "He who is his own lawyer has a fool for a client."
You’d be surprised. I was into a lot for awhile

After using lawyers I defended myself that two times I was in trouble (over a decade now). It worked better than a lawyer
Little Missy (01-14-18), psychopathetic (04-29-18)
Sponsored Links
Old 01-14-18, 11:27 AM
ADDvanced Member

Snoopy10 will become famous soon enough

I don't know how to use the quote function on this thing but I loved PoppnNSailinMan's piece about driving better on meds. Esp since I've had enough traffic tickets and accidents caused by me to last a lifetime. I haven't had one since I got on the right meds.

The police should be writing us thank you notes, really. 😊
Old 01-14-18, 01:03 PM
Jr Member

DazyedDan505 is a jewel in the roughDazyedDan505 is a jewel in the roughDazyedDan505 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveddd View Post
Wild story. Good luck

Btw. You should think about being a writer. To read post as long as yours is generally impossible for me but you kept me hooked
Thanks haha. I didn't mean for it to be as long as it was. It's an effect from the meds, in my case, that cause me to write such long stories, sentences, paragraphs, etc.
Old 01-14-18, 02:23 PM

Thanked 26,075 Times in 12,165 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopy10 View Post
I don't know how to use the quote function on this thing but I loved PoppnNSailinMan's piece about driving better on meds. Esp since I've had enough traffic tickets and accidents caused by me to last a lifetime. I haven't had one since I got on the right meds.

The police should be writing us thank you notes, really. 😊
Quotes are easy ... little button in the bottom right corner of each post.

And if you want to quote more than one person, there's an even smaller
button right beside it (just quote marks) ... use that first and then when you
tap the quote button both quotes will show up in a new response window.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
Old 01-18-18, 07:48 PM
Jr Member

DazyedDan505 is a jewel in the roughDazyedDan505 is a jewel in the roughDazyedDan505 is a jewel in the rough
Wink Re: DWI from Adderall, and cops didn't see me driving?

Just a quick update, went on the 16th for my final status hearing. My attorney had the motion all ready to go, and the state hadn't even seen or looked over the motion yet. The judge was ready to hear the debate over the motion, but everything got reschedule until next week at a motion hearing. On the bright side, I did hear mention to the judge that they wanted time to go over the motion to determine if they should file a Nolle Prosequi. Hopefully after next Wednesday! Fingers crossed for this hassle/fiasco to finally end. But considering I still have my license after getting charged with something that usually involves the revocation of one's drivers license, so things are looking pretty good! I'll keep you all updated!
The Following User Says Thank You to DazyedDan505 For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (01-18-18)
Old 02-11-18, 02:37 AM
Jr Member

Hey everyone, I wanted to share some fantastic information with all of you!

As of February 6th, a huge sigh of relief has been given to me: the state decided to dismiss all of the charges via a Nolle Prosequi under the pretense/pretext that "It is not in the interest of justice for the case to proceed at this time."

The reason, in my opinion, that the state decided to dismiss the charges, I feel, has to do with the totality of evidence and the sheer lack thereof of viable, credible evidence. The other reason the state decided to drop the case is as a result of and pursuant to the Rules of Criminal Procedure for the Magistrate Court, Rule 6-504(A) and (F), which resulted in me being able to "win" or secure a suppression of both arresting officers' testimony for and by the state not making the officers available for pretrial interviews by the scheduled discovery deadline.

Overall, this ordeal has cost me $3,500 for the attorney's fees, of which I paid him a $100 tip for getting everything dismissed, and it has also cost me a total of about $600-700 for the whole ordeal. This incident can teach everyone something here:
1) Never drink and drive, or even get behind the wheel or have the keys in the ignition after having even one drink. Wherefore, my unfortunate situation can certainly showcase the reason not to get behind the wheel after one drink; as I was arrested after consuming no alcohol and taking my legitimately prescribed medication.

2) Never take a tolerance break, then take Adderall and drive. I think the reason my situation backfired is that on the supposed night of my judicial violation, I had just taken a month and a half tolerance break, so the supposed "talkety" effect of Adderall can have a negative impact/implications on one/ones driving, for instance.

3) Lastly, if one ever has to encounter a officer of the law, do not or ever tell them that you are prescribed any medication, or that you took any medication earlier in the day. Where I slipped up is that, due to the "chatty" side effect that goes hand in hand with an Adderall tolerance break, I told the cops that I was on and prescribed Adderall. Never, ever, ever under any circumstances tell the cops that you are on or that you are prescribed any medication. Furthermore, never agree to any field sobriety tests or to give blood, especially like in my case where they didn't even see you driving. Always refuse the tests/and or blood if you have had nothing to drink on the night in question, and if they officers don't allow you to take a breathalyzer.

Fundamentally, all that you should tell to a cop is that you don't want to answer any questions without your "attorney" present. Then, ask the cop if you are being detained? If the cops says "no," then tell them that you are free to go if you are not being detained. If you do not do this, or the aforementioned steps, then your as legitimate Adderall prescription might wind you a fast trip to your local jail--due to the "chatty" effect I mentioned in the above-entitled matter.

Be safe out there, everyone! I just wanted to thank you all for your replies to my post so far! I really have appreciated each, and every one of them! I just thought/wanted to post and share my experience with DWI with all of you because, after I got mine, there was literally no/few/if any threads that discussed DWI due to Adderall. The compilation of materials and posts in this thread serve to educate others as to what might happen if they find themselves in a similar situation.

Best Regards, everyone, and Stay Safe Out There!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DazyedDan505 For This Useful Post:
Greyhound1 (02-11-18), midnightstar (02-11-18)
Old 02-11-18, 07:51 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 32,566 Times in 15,078 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

Wow Dan, good for you! I think I may have shared in this thread my experience with a fake DWI but I cant remember. Anyhow it cost me about 5G to prove I did nothing wrong.

I carried a watermelon?
The Following User Says Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
DazyedDan505 (02-11-18)
Old 02-11-18, 12:46 PM
Jr Member

Thumbs up Re: DWI from Adderall, and cops didn't see me driving?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post
Wow Dan, good for you! I think I may have shared in this thread my experience with a fake DWI but I cant remember. Anyhow it cost me about 5G to prove I did nothing wrong.
Yea you shared it, and I remember reading about it on your post/forum, too! You had a crazy unfortunate story too. Anyway I'm glad you could prove your innocence, that I could prove mine, and that we all go on to live another day. Its crazy what "could" happen out there, as our two stories attest too. Thanks for posting!
The Following User Says Thank You to DazyedDan505 For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (04-29-18)