ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-17, 09:41 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 5,495 Times in 2,678 Posts
Fraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Come on In If You're Online And Say Anything: Part III

I don't know why, it just jumped into my head...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fraser_0762 For This Useful Post:
Greyhound1 (10-09-17), Little Missy (10-10-17)
Old 10-09-17, 09:43 PM
Mind Racing Moderator

Thanked 12,887 Times in 6,201 Posts
Greyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond repute

Lol. Yep, that's it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Greyhound1 For This Useful Post:
Fraser_0762 (10-09-17), Little Missy (10-10-17)
Old 10-09-17, 09:47 PM
Mind Racing Moderator

Greyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond repute

I always liked the sound of a good DJ that could scratch well. Such as Jam Master Jay. R.I.P.
The Following User Says Thank You to Greyhound1 For This Useful Post:
Fraser_0762 (10-09-17)
Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-17, 09:52 PM

Thanked 5,495 Times in 2,678 Posts
Fraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyhound1 View Post
I always liked the sound of a good DJ that could scratch well. Such as Jam Master Jay. R.I.P.
Think it depends on the type of music as well. Scratching can sound great for certain genres but not so great for others. The mark of a good DJ is being able to read the crowd and adjust their sets accordingly. A lot of DJs these days use sound effects and other tricks to try and mask poor mixing. I prefer a clean transition and a good flow to the overall mix.
The Following User Says Thank You to Fraser_0762 For This Useful Post:
Greyhound1 (10-09-17)
Old 10-09-17, 10:44 PM
Mind Racing Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraser_0762 View Post
Think it depends on the type of music as well. Scratching can sound great for certain genres but not so great for others. The mark of a good DJ is being able to read the crowd and adjust their sets accordingly. A lot of DJs these days use sound effects and other tricks to try and mask poor mixing. I prefer a clean transition and a good flow to the overall mix.
I agree!
The Following User Says Thank You to Greyhound1 For This Useful Post:
Fraser_0762 (10-10-17)
Old 10-10-17, 11:57 AM

Thanked 5,522 Times in 2,366 Posts
Hermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond repute

Having a date tonight. First time in recovery I'm dating again. She's a fellow addict and she's cute. Unfortunately she lives in Berlin and I'm going back to Holland.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hermus For This Useful Post:
Greyhound1 (10-11-17), Luvmybully (10-10-17), midnightstar (10-10-17)
Old 10-11-17, 09:28 PM
Mind Racing Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermus View Post
Having a date tonight. First time in recovery I'm dating again. She's a fellow addict and she's cute. Unfortunately she lives in Berlin and I'm going back to Holland.
So how did it go? Inquiring minds want to know.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Greyhound1 For This Useful Post:
aeon (10-12-17), Little Missy (10-11-17)
Old 10-13-17, 01:20 PM

Thanked 12,602 Times in 5,588 Posts
aeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond repute

I’ve been so damned productive and organized this morning that my desk no longer looks like there was a package bomb.

I’ve created a list of prioritized tasks with time estimates and due dates, divided into subclasses.

Along with a triple-shot espresso with cream and a bit of atomized nicotine, this Dexedrine stuff is just freakin’ amazing.

Cheers,
Ian
Little Missy (10-14-17), Lunacie (10-13-17), stef (10-13-17), WhiteOwl (10-13-17)
Old 10-14-17, 06:53 PM

Thanked 19,285 Times in 10,253 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

I went and rustled up some tacos and I can barely contain myself before I whip up LOL's din-din plate and throw her in bed!

I'll wash the car.

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
aeon (10-14-17), stef (10-14-17), WhiteOwl (10-14-17)
Old 10-14-17, 08:43 PM

Thanked 19,285 Times in 10,253 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't wash the car.

Four days off, thank GOD, and its going to be sunny and 60-plus to the almost 80's so I'll do it tomorrow.

Hair cut. For sure. Unless I wig out in public.

Monday make eye appt. Its been 4 years, probably just need a white cane and turn in my license.

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
aeon (10-14-17), stef (10-15-17)
Old 10-15-17, 03:50 AM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 19,999 Times in 11,646 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

I'm just leaving a in here for anyone who needs one
Ebony (1st January 2014 - current)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm
Hope you all have a beautiful day
"Keep your dreams alive, dreaming is still how the strong survive" Oliver and Company (Disney)
The Following User Says Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
stef (10-15-17)
Old 10-15-17, 02:06 PM

aeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond repute

They say revenge is a dish best served cold, but know that the sweetness of vengeance will leave you with a mouthful of ash.

Cheers,
Ian
midnightstar (10-15-17), stef (10-15-17), WhiteOwl (10-15-17)
Old 10-15-17, 04:05 PM
Contributor

WhiteOwl is a splendid one to beholdWhiteOwl is a splendid one to beholdWhiteOwl is a splendid one to beholdWhiteOwl is a splendid one to beholdWhiteOwl is a splendid one to beholdWhiteOwl is a splendid one to beholdWhiteOwl is a splendid one to beholdWhiteOwl is a splendid one to behold

I think it's ironic that the rough draft for my research paper on the difficulties of adult ADHD is due tomorrow and I've been procrastinating. I wonder if I can turn it in late and say I was just trying to prove a point. I know what I want to write, I just don't want to write it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WhiteOwl For This Useful Post:
aeon (10-15-17), midnightstar (10-15-17)
Old 10-15-17, 04:11 PM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 19,999 Times in 11,646 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

Okay so Tigger is now whingy meowing at me, think that's Tigger-speak for "I want you to switch the square box off and carry me to bed", lazy little girl
Ebony (1st January 2014 - current)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm
Hope you all have a beautiful day
"Keep your dreams alive, dreaming is still how the strong survive" Oliver and Company (Disney)
Old 10-16-17, 11:49 AM

I just got a request from my doctor’s head nurse for a pill count.
I know these are randomized among people on Class II, III, and IV
meds as part of the mothership healthcare provider.

Interesting thing was I could dump out my meds, spread them out
if need be, and send them a photo with my phone...but it had to be
done within 2 minutes of the end of the call.

I used a spare office because I didn’t want 100+ dextroamphetamine
tablets on the front desk.

I sent my 2 photos and got a reply back that my Dex count was high,
and I was asked why I had not taken any lorazepam.

I answered the Dex was high because I took a couple of weekend days off,
and that I hadn’t taken any of the lorazepam because they were prescribed
for severe anxiety/panic attack, and I had only been, at best, moderately
anxious since, likely because the Dex keeps me calm.

I was thanked for my compliance and my quick feedback, and I was told
my doctor was pleased that I was taking my lorazepam as prescribed,
because he had some concerns given it was a new prescription in a
new class of medications.

Since my start in 2010, I have a 100% clean record on my Controlled
Substances tracker in that I have never “failed” a pill count, sought to
have a prescription filled early, doctor-shopped, or been arrested for
breaking the law in their regard.

Odd Monday Morning Task,
Ian
midnightstar (10-16-17), stef (10-16-17), WhiteOwl (10-16-17)