ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > Inattentive ADD
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Inattentive ADD A forum set aside for the the discussion of inattention and inattentive ADD

Old 12-03-17, 05:50 PM

hermitical is on a distinguished road
Re: What's your MBTI type?

another INFP-T here....

Old 12-04-17, 05:32 AM
Jr Member

Essa96 is on a distinguished road

INTJ.. but isn't MBTI the equivalent of zodiac signs? xD
Old 12-04-17, 05:53 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 5,967 Times in 2,788 Posts
Kunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Essa96 View Post
Your MTBI type is heavily influenced by gas or indigestion on the day you took the survey.

It has as much reality as a fart.

I regard consciousness as fundamental. I regard matter as derivative from consciousness. We cannot get behind consciousness. Everything that we talk about, everything that we regard as existing, postulates consciousness.

both by:
Max Planck: Nobel Prize 1918 for inventing quantum physics.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kunga Dorji For This Useful Post:
Essa96 (12-04-17), Little Missy (12-04-17)
Sponsored Links
Old 12-13-17, 08:22 AM

OyVeyKitty has much to be proud ofOyVeyKitty has much to be proud ofOyVeyKitty has much to be proud ofOyVeyKitty has much to be proud ofOyVeyKitty has much to be proud ofOyVeyKitty has much to be proud ofOyVeyKitty has much to be proud ofOyVeyKitty has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Essa96 View Post
Zodiac signs are based on planetary alignments at the time of your birth, MBTI is self-categorization based on thought patterns and actions. The difference is that one is coincidental, the other is chosen. Your choices do reflect your personality to an extent. If you disregard the abuse of Jungian theory to arrive at the 16 types and instead take what came out of it for what it is, then you may find it useful.

It's only a problem when people try to use it in a predictive or discriminatory manner. Workplaces testing for MBTI type is an especially terrible idea and the companies doing it are setting themselves up for a very bad time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunga Dorji View Post
Your MTBI type is heavily influenced by gas or indigestion on the day you took the survey.
Well, ideally you would not arrive at your type by taking a test, but from reading about all the types and picking the one that is most fitting for you. The tests are only supposed to give you some idea of where to start looking.

The underlying theory really is--scientifically speaking--a load of garbage, but that doesn't mean the type categories themselves are entirely useless. Humans relate to the world by labeling and categorizing and then figuring out how it all comes together and where it all fits into our narrative.

My experience has been that people who have identified with the same type as I do have indeed shared a lot of personality traits with me, more so than people identifying with other types. That should not really come as a surprise to anyone since we already chose our type exactly because we share enough similar traits to end up in the same category in the first place. Then again, perhaps they never suffered from indigestion. I can't say I recall any of them farting a lot.
The Following User Says Thank You to OyVeyKitty For This Useful Post:
aeon (12-13-17)
Old 12-13-17, 08:31 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 30,232 Times in 13,787 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

Aeon has shared a site to take the Meyrs Brigg before but does anyone else have another? I am curious again.

I carried a watermelon?