ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > General ADD Talk
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Can You read minds?
I knew you were going to ask me that. 27 25.96%
Yes More times than often! 65 62.50%
I never experienced that before. 12 11.54%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-14-04, 06:01 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Draga has disabled reputation
Can you guess what I am thinking Now? ADD and "mindreading"

How manytimes have you said, "Darnet get out of my head!"?
Ok this has been a lil cooky but I have noticed that we ADD people sometimes has the same thoughts as other ADD people. It's almost like we can read each others minds. Sometimes not just ADD people sometimes I can read the Non ADDers as well. We ADD people share the same disablities, some more than others, but do we also share the same minds?

Me and mom(ADD too) think the same thoughts at the same time,
but there could be two explainations for that..we live together so we pretty much know what the other is thinking....we have a ADD link.

Now on the other hand, I do not live with any, but in some post, I can guess what you are going to say before I read it. It's the same with ADD room..even in chat we sometimes type the same things at the same time or if not one of us is thinking it.

This has facinated me for some time now..Can we share a link in our minds?

Any thoughts?

Please do not think me cold, for I do want loving arms to hold, but I am so sick of being used and abused...If I die alone tomorrow I die unbruised.
Old 02-14-04, 08:39 AM

fotojohnyoc is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb Wavelengths

Of course we can understand what the other ADDers mean to say,sometimes even before the other knows themselves.......Its a gift that only we can share......besides know one else could possibly understand what we really mean, especially when we don;t seem to know until the thought comes out ourselves,GOT that>Good i knew ya would..........now will somebody please COMPLETE this thought! because i know thumbuddy else out there is on the same wavelength as I.........LOL
Old 02-14-04, 08:49 AM

LOL foto....I bet you think about you kid or if not, you will be when you read this

Please do not think me cold, for I do want loving arms to hold, but I am so sick of being used and abused...If I die alone tomorrow I die unbruised.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-14-04, 08:50 AM

Better yet I know you are thinking about cynde and her kidney stones I am so glad she is ok and I miss her bunches!

Old 02-14-04, 09:09 AM
ADDvanced Member

sixes has disabled reputation
I don't always know what someone is thinking exactly. But, I feel other people's emotions. That is one of the reasons I am such a loner. It drives me crazy. I am super sensitive to thier aura. I can't stand it when I go somewhere in a perfectly good mood, get thier and start feeling anger, hate, confusion, love, pain from someone else. I have goten beeter at blocking it. But, sometimes the real strong emotions break thru my barrier. I once walked into this church and just sat down and bawled, the lady in the pew next to me was so stricken with grief (Although hidind it well) that I had to move away from her. Later I found out that a long time friend of hers had died and she was just coming to grios with it. Point is, reading minds can be good and bad.
Old 02-14-04, 12:50 PM
Forum ADDvocate

krisp will become famous soon enough
When I'm around my sisters and their children, that happens to me all the time. I'll hear a word or words in my head, and before I can even say it, one of them says it! (Need I say that ADD is rampant in my family? ) I can sometimes experience the same with close friends, and the dh, but with non-ADD types it certainly happens less often.
Old 02-14-04, 08:22 PM

Sixes don't look at it as a curse,...think of it as a gift..although it may drive you crazy sometimes. I guess it can be good and bad. You has a point there

I have found that with Non Adders it is harder to read their thoughts, but sometimes their faces..you need not read their thought..sometimes those nudnicks are so transparent.

Old 02-14-04, 09:21 PM
Forum ADDvocate

Keppig has disabled reputation
Oh my gosh Sixes!! I do the same thing!! I feel people's emotions, where it becomes a major problem for me, is when someone gets angry but decides not to talk about it, and I can feel they are angry and make them talk about it anyways. I mean, I'm ADD, and I get frustrated over silly things, why can't others?? Also my roommate is very depressed and if I'm with him too long, I also get depressed... its a toughy.
Old 02-14-04, 09:28 PM

Wow That part of our ADD makes us unique and special I find Both sences!

Old 02-15-04, 05:12 AM

Nucking_Futs has a spectacular aura aboutNucking_Futs has a spectacular aura about
I am more intune with other's I don't know if it's actually considered mind reading though. I've been known to leave my hubby standing alone while I go and talk to someone. lol

here is the standard discussion after:
Why didn't you introduce me?
I don't know her name
Then why did you just spend the last half hour talking to her?
Cause she needed me too

lol leaves him completly baffled: but I have a theory. When your mind is focused on a task your sense's close to outside stimuli but an ADD'ers mind is alway's open therefore so are the sense's
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming, "WOW! What a ride!!"

Old 02-15-04, 05:15 AM

Hmmm very intersting futs! That part about Doug may not be mind reading that is just marriage LOL

Old 02-15-04, 05:16 AM

Nucking_Futs has a spectacular aura aboutNucking_Futs has a spectacular aura about
NO mel I never said he couldn't read my mind *giggles* wink wink
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming, "WOW! What a ride!!"

Old 02-15-04, 05:32 AM

LOL I guess in some situations like that they could read your mind cause god knows they are on the same wavelength of wink wink!

Old 02-16-04, 01:28 AM

FYI Today was an amazing ADD link day...At the same time either she would say something I was just thinking or I would say something she was just thinking....not just once but 6 times today!!!! I really am believing more about the Link between us ADD people!

Old 02-16-04, 02:07 AM

lol shup you