ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > CO-EXISTING CONDITIONS > Depression > AD/HD and Depression in Children
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 03-24-14, 09:53 PM

Braink37 will become famous soon enough
This thread means: wallflower that hates being one

That is why I was depressed as a child
Old 03-25-14, 11:14 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 2,926 Times in 1,352 Posts
Corina86 has a reputation beyond reputeCorina86 has a reputation beyond reputeCorina86 has a reputation beyond reputeCorina86 has a reputation beyond reputeCorina86 has a reputation beyond reputeCorina86 has a reputation beyond reputeCorina86 has a reputation beyond reputeCorina86 has a reputation beyond reputeCorina86 has a reputation beyond reputeCorina86 has a reputation beyond reputeCorina86 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: This thread means: wallflower that hates being one

Umm... this could be interesting, since I was a shy socially awkward introvert myself, but you should give us more details about your life or something, if you actually want some answers to your post.
Old 03-25-14, 10:35 PM
Mrs dvdnvwls

Thanked 18,900 Times in 9,304 Posts
BellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond repute

You were a wallflower as a child, and you didn't like it, and that caused you to be depressed?

Sponsored Links
Old 03-26-14, 04:23 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 28,329 Times in 13,109 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corina86 View Post
Umm... this could be interesting, since I was a shy socially awkward introvert myself, but you should give us more details about your life or something, if you actually want some answers to your post.
That was me too

Based on your other posts brains I think you are trying very hard to break out of that image that you've got of yourself as a wall flower. I didn't like being a wall flower either when I was your age and once in a while I'd just act the complete opposite, I'd act loud and wild and showy but that didn't help either.

What helped me to not feel like a wall flower anymore was actually to just be myself. I embraced the awkwardness and the weirdness and somehow that seemed to appeal to people.
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
OhLookABunny (12-02-14)
Old 03-26-14, 04:32 AM
Zen moderator

Thanked 26,421 Times in 12,893 Posts
stef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond repute

I could have written this!
I'm still very reserved but much more at ease than I used to be. Will never be the "life of the party" type, it's just my nature.
The Following User Says Thank You to stef For This Useful Post:
BellaVita (03-26-14)
Old 03-26-14, 05:01 AM
Moderator of mind and heart

Thanked 21,252 Times in 8,589 Posts
sarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond repute

For me it was always on the outside, looking in. Hell, most of the time I am not even aware there's a party.
Fuzzy12 (03-26-14), stef (03-26-14)
Old 03-26-14, 11:40 AM
ADDvanced Member

DistractedLemur is just really niceDistractedLemur is just really niceDistractedLemur is just really niceDistractedLemur is just really nice

The thing about social skills is that they're 'skills'. Yeah so most people seem to just learn naturally but still you can put a little extra work in and learn them so only your real friends get to know how hyper you really are.
The Following User Says Thank You to DistractedLemur For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (03-26-14)