ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adult Diagnosis & Treatment
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adult Diagnosis & Treatment This forum is for the discussion of issues related to the diagnosis of AD/HD

Old 02-06-18, 08:14 PM
Contributor

eats_mice is just really niceeats_mice is just really niceeats_mice is just really niceeats_mice is just really nice
Thought I buried the hatchet...

On Sunday one of my friends told me he was getting evaluated for ADHD. I thought there's no way this dude's ADHD, but it resurfaced some old suspicions. Then, I got fired from my job today, and it just got me wondering whether it's just SAD, or if I actually do have ADHD. It could also be anxiety. It could also be that the company I worked for was just sh*t.

How much does it cost for ADHD evaluation? Since I don't have a job right now, and I don't officially have any insurance, (I'm part of a cost-sharing program). Just wish I could afford some answers.

You say I'm weird? Well, I grew up next to a power
plant, what's your excuse?
The Following User Says Thank You to eats_mice For This Useful Post:
namazu (02-06-18)
Old 02-07-18, 04:42 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 32,429 Times in 15,026 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Thought I buried the hatchet...

Do you have ACA insurance? You would want to see if there is a psyche covered. One of the changes involved with that was to make mental health issues covered the same way physical issues are covered.

I carried a watermelon?
Old 02-07-18, 08:19 PM
Contributor

eats_mice is just really niceeats_mice is just really niceeats_mice is just really niceeats_mice is just really nice

I’m not really sure. Since I just lost my job, it would be awhile before I could afford to see a doctor.

You say I'm weird? Well, I grew up next to a power
plant, what's your excuse?
Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-18, 05:26 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 2,587 Times in 1,214 Posts
ToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond repute

Get fired is a really bummer ... really can knock the confidence.

Here is a list of free and sliding scale clinics in your listed state of Minnesota. You could start the process by just going for an appointment, telling them of your issues ... you'll be directed to mental health people, I think.

Buddy of mine goes to a free clinic and loves it. He started going during a period when he was laid off, and he liked the free clinic doctor more than he liked the private doctors he had been going to ... So now he's back to being employed, he still goes to the free clinic.

Now, he pays them via insurance. Before, he paid nothing.

https://www.freeclinics.com/sta/minnesota

Good luck.
Old 02-08-18, 09:28 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 25,988 Times in 12,126 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToneTone View Post
Get fired is a really bummer ... really can knock the confidence.

Here is a list of free and sliding scale clinics in your listed state of Minnesota. You could start the process by just going for an appointment, telling them of your issues ... you'll be directed to mental health people, I think.

Buddy of mine goes to a free clinic and loves it. He started going during a period when he was laid off, and he liked the free clinic doctor more than he liked the private doctors he had been going to ... So now he's back to being employed, he still goes to the free clinic.

Now, he pays them via insurance. Before, he paid nothing.

https://www.freeclinics.com/sta/minnesota

Good luck.
Until I was old enough for medicare to kick in a couple of years ago, I was also
uninsured and went to free clinics. The doctors here donate their time, so the
odds of seeing the same doctor each time are practically nil.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me