ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 08-22-18, 09:10 PM
ADDvanced Member

BrandyDW is a jewel in the roughBrandyDW is a jewel in the roughBrandyDW is a jewel in the rough
Re: What Made You Smile Today?

The Host - made me smile

On Adderall for ADHD, lyrica for Fibromyalgia, lexapro and viibryd for depression and anxiety, cosentyx for psoriasis, cyclosporine for IC,
The Following User Says Thank You to BrandyDW For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (08-23-18)
Old 08-23-18, 05:57 PM
Contributor

Vector is a glorious beacon of lightVector is a glorious beacon of lightVector is a glorious beacon of lightVector is a glorious beacon of lightVector is a glorious beacon of light

What made me happy today was the Philippine queen of soul. She is an excellent singer with a beautiful sounding voice, and she dances well too!
The Following User Says Thank You to Vector For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (09-15-18)
Old 09-15-18, 07:05 PM
ADDvanced Member

thorfinnur is a name known to allthorfinnur is a name known to allthorfinnur is a name known to allthorfinnur is a name known to allthorfinnur is a name known to allthorfinnur is a name known to all

Earlier tonight I went out for a walk. As can happen on a good walk my mind started to wander. This time I remembered a moment from about 18 or 19 years ago. I was dating an intelligent (and very attractive!) young lady at that time. We were driving around in my old neighborhood when she suddenly says to me "You know, I love talking to you. You never really listen so it's not a problem when I say something silly".

Of course I go "What? I always listen!". I was so offended by that comment that it took my a while to get over it. In hindsight it is wonderfully ironic. She was spot on. It would take me a further 13 years to realize that I had some sort of problem.

I can't help but to smile at this.

Last edited by thorfinnur; 09-15-18 at 07:32 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to thorfinnur For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (09-15-18)
Sponsored Links
Old 09-16-18, 05:50 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 32,635 Times in 15,115 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

Its an evil smile....my neighbors on the left never got to know my dogs...just ignored them and they are friendly dogs. Literally the ONLY people they bark at are them. Their driveway runs along the side of my yard because their house is set back. Its 530am on a Sunday morning and dont you know my Pom mike Duke just ran out to run up and down the fence to bark at them as they drove away... ( I am a terrible evil woman).

I carried a watermelon?
The Following User Says Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (09-16-18)
Old 09-16-18, 06:08 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 32,635 Times in 15,115 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

My laptop came and I love it.

I carried a watermelon?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
acdc01 (09-16-18), psychopathetic (09-16-18)
Old 09-16-18, 10:16 PM
e-(((hug))) extraordinaire!

Thanked 15,420 Times in 7,677 Posts
psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

Oh cool Sweets!! I LOOOOOVE getting new toys!!

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

Old 09-16-18, 10:22 PM

psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

I picked up my adderall prescription yesterday and took my dose earlier and noticed they gave me a different brand of generic....mallinckrodt (mall). I've had this brand before.

Man...I LOVE this brand!
I don't know if it's placebo or what...but I did research on it the first time I got this brand months ago and I read a lot of negative things about it.

But heck no! It for whatever reason seems to work wonders for me!
I woke up after getting about 9 hours of sleep (I LOVE my new cpap machine!) feeling tired...took my mall adderall...and really feel good! Still tired, but not really sleepy...I'd have no problems getting up and going if I had something to do (just got back from grocery shopping)...And though it's not euphoric, I do have a very nice sense of contentment and happiness this evening (lol I love dopamine!).

This brand is by far my favorite. For some reason it just does all the right things for me.

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

The Following User Says Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
willow129 (09-18-18)
Old 09-16-18, 10:31 PM

Oh! And omg!!! I have these button up work shirts I think I look pretty good in when I wear a undershirt with them and have them buttoned up.
/sigh...I "horizontally grew out" of them over a year ago so have been having to wear them unbottoned...which still looks okay, just not quite as nice as buttoned.

For some reason I decided to see what happens if I tried to button one of them up today...I wasn't expecting to be able to, or I was expecting the buttons to pop off like you see in cartoons haha.
Nope! It buttoned up...and the buttons didn't pop!!!

It was a tight fit...the shirts use to be quite loose on me...but still...just the fact makes me feel good!

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

willow129 (09-18-18)
Old 09-20-18, 07:46 PM
Mind Racing Moderator

Thanked 15,354 Times in 7,397 Posts
Greyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond repute

My ADHD daughter sent me this poem she found today. It really made me smile and is right on. I wanted to share.

A.D.H.D.
Take my hand and come with me,
I want to teach you about ADHD.
I need you to know, I want to explain,
I have a very different brain.
Sights, sounds, and thoughts collide.
What to do first? I can't decide.

Please understand I'm not to blame,
I just can't process things the same.
Take my hand and walk with me,
Let me show you about ADHD.

I try to behave, I want to be good,
But I sometimes forget to do as I should.
Walk with me and wear my shoes,
You'll see its not the way I'd choose.

I do know what I'm supposed to do,
But my brain is slow getting the message through.
Take my hand and talk with me,
I want to tell you about ADHD.

I rarely think before I talk,
I often run when I should walk.
It's hard to get my school work done,
My thoughts are outside having fun.

I never know just where to start,
I think with my feelings and see with my heart.
Take my hand and stand by me,
I need you to know about ADHD.

It's hard to explain but I want you to know,
I can't help letting my feelings show.
Sometimes I'm angry, jealous, or sad.
I feel overwhelmed, frustrated, and mad.

I can't concentrate and I lose all my stuff.
I try really hard but it's never enough.
Take my hand and learn with me,
We need to know more about ADHD.

I worry a lot about getting things wrong,
Everything I do takes twice as long.
Everyday is exhausting for me...
Looking through the fog of ADHD.

I'm often so misunderstood,
I would change in a heartbeat if I could.
Take my hand and listen to me,
I want to share a secret about ADHD.

I want you to know there is more to me.
I'm not defined by it, you see.
I'm sensitive, kind and lots of fun.
I'm blamed for things I haven't done.

I'm the loyalist friend you'll ever know,
I just need a chance to let it show.
Take my hand and look at me,
Just forget about the ADHD.

I have real feelings just like you.
The love in my heart is just as true.
I may have a brain that can never rest,
But please understand I'm trying my best.
I want you to know, I need you too.
The Following User Says Thank You to Greyhound1 For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (09-21-18)
Old 09-20-18, 11:05 PM
ADDvanced Member

SashaBV will become famous soon enough

Greyhound, love the poem! I can't identify with the hyperactivity, but otherwise, it could be me.
The Following User Says Thank You to SashaBV For This Useful Post:
Greyhound1 (09-20-18)
Old 09-21-18, 06:01 PM

So earlier this month I did something I really shouldn't have...and bought a big collection of trading cards for a game I use to play (world of warcraft) through a local facebook group.
It was too good to pass up. It was 10 big plastic containers full of cards...about 10,000 into total.
I paid $50 ($45 +$5 in gas to get to the town 30 miles away they were in)...and I just didn't have that money this month.
This morning I had $13 in my bank. But my car needs gas, and I'm not sure I can make it the rest of the month without some more groceries.

Anyhow, I had some fun with the cards for the first 3 or 4 days. I went through them twice picking out all the epic and rare cards...600+ rares and 56 epics! That alone is an amazing deal for $50...
But then like most things...I got bored with the cards. I don't play this game anymore, or really have any interest in getting back into it.It's also a dead game...as in they no longer sell new cards...and even if I did jump back into it, it's highly unlikely I'd find anyone to play with.

So I decided to put just the 600 rares and 56 epics up on ebay. This would leave me with thousands of commons and uncommon...I can make tons of casual non-competitive decks out of these. Just to have fun with.

I decided to put them up on ebay for $50 plus $7 shipping.

Like I said though, this is a dead game...and I wasn't sure anyone would actually be interested in these cards...especially since I didn't include the names of any of the cards...so they'd be making a blind purchase.

Well, it just sold! In under 12 hours

After shipping costs and ebay's fees...I'll have only paid less than $5 for the 10 plastic containers full of cards!

Plus the buyer of my auction is getting a super deal...especially if he plays the game and can actually use the cards.

Now I can breath a bit easier for the rest of the month!!

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

willow129 (09-23-18)
Old 09-23-18, 09:46 AM

Thanked 4,123 Times in 1,990 Posts
willow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond repute

On the plus side, the little noises my kitty makes are unbearably cute.
Old 09-23-18, 11:04 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 21,527 Times in 11,547 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by willow129 View Post
On the plus side, the little noises my kitty makes are unbearably cute.
Is Oliver all better now?

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
The Following User Says Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
stef (09-23-18)
Old 09-23-18, 12:35 PM

Thanked 21,527 Times in 11,547 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

The grandpa in Wisconsin that goes to the cat shelters with couches and chairs
so he can brush the kitties. But he ends up falling asleep with the cats on him so the shelter people take pics and they are so cute, people have already donated 30K.

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
Greyhound1 (10-26-18), stef (09-23-18), willow129 (09-23-18)
Old 09-23-18, 12:47 PM

Thanked 27,110 Times in 13,166 Posts
stef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond repute

We played exactly 2 songs at our outdoor concert today before we had to stop, because it was so windy and rainy. And this guy said that "it was like the Titanic!"( the orcestra playing as the ship sinks). I was about to post this in the what's bothering you right now " thread, but it was just all so strange and funny.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stef For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (09-23-18), willow129 (09-23-18)