ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adult Diagnosis & Treatment
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adult Diagnosis & Treatment This forum is for the discussion of issues related to the diagnosis of AD/HD

View Poll Results: Do you think I have ADD/ADHD
Yes 0 0%
No 0 0%
Maybe 1 100.00%
Who cares 0 0%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-10-17, 01:20 AM

Creationliberty is on a distinguished road
Do I Have ADD?

I'd like to introduce myself. I'm a 20 year old college student. I'm sure these forums get these questions probably daily, but I'd like some insight. I'm planning on going to a psychiatrist to take a test to see if I have ADD. I noticed some characteristics of myself that are in line with people who have ADD, and I'd like your guys' input.
1) I lose things pretty frequently. I don't do this daily, but maybe 2-3 times a week. One really big instance was when I was about to go to school. My whole room's a mess, and I lost my phone. Looked everywhere, found it, put it in my car. I tried finding my car keys, which I also misplaced, took a while but found it and put it on my table. I FORGOT where my PHONE was and I looked around my whole house, and this went on for a good 5-7 minutes..
2) don't know if this is just laziness, but I KNOW I'm supposed to do something coming up(classwork, study) but I'm in bed telling myself I'll do it and do it, and hours go by, and I tend not to do it until the last minute.
3) I also tend to slur my words. I'm shy, but I noticed at work/school/anywhere that even though I don't talk fast, I get my words mixed up. I start thinking about just getting the sentence out but I say the next word, catch my mistake and try to say the last word then I mess up the whole sentence and I start over.
4) I'm always late/miss appointments. I make an appointment, forget the date then call in the next day to make another appointment and I do this again.
5) i wiggle my toes constantly. It's not tapping my foot(used to do that for an hour straight) but I now start to tap my toes(wiggle it) constantly. I have this feeling that I HAVE to do it and I start to feel uncomfortable. I also had this snapping fingers issue for a while.
6) I CANNOT concentrate in classes for ****. If it's incredibly boring( like my 3 hour film class), I just go on my phone the entire time or just leave. I try to concentrate but I just can't.
7) I get bored incredibly easy. If a conversation gets boring, I just tend to zone out and say "mmm" for a response. If something is super funny or exciting, I get really into it.

I feel like I'm just overexaggerating my symptoms and I don't actually have ADD/ADHD. I'm not looking for a professional doctor's opinion here, but rather to ask the ADD community to see if it's consistent with the symptoms that you guys have. Please help? I don't know if this is a problem.

Last edited by namazu; 04-10-17 at 03:24 PM.. Reason: merged duplicate posts