ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-16, 12:04 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 27,769 Times in 12,836 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The what's bothering you RIGHT NOW thread Part III

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simargl View Post
I didn't get the interim position. I'm alright with that, actually. I think it was good to get the interviewing experience. I got some feedback since it was an internal interview. I did better than I thought I did. I touched all the points I wanted to get across. I was told that I surprised everyone on the leadership team by applying and that they were excited that I made that step. I don't believe that comment was fluff.

I got caught in the web of losing where I was in the middle of a story/explanation more than once. However, I don't think that played against me as much as I thought it did.
I'm sorry Sim. That sucks. Good feedback will always come in handy. Maybe next time.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (07-12-16), Simargl (07-12-16)
Old 07-12-16, 12:14 PM

Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm so annoyed. I should never ask for favours from anyone on behalf of other people. As my parents are coming here soon my acquaintance who has got family in my parents' city asked if they could bring a parcel for her from her family. My parents agreed but those idiots have given them about 3kg of liquids in leaky bottles. So my mom had to remove some of her own stuff and my dad spent an hour wiping and packing the leaky bottles. I just hope they won't leak or break in their suitcase. Seriously.. idiots. Theyce all flown before. They must know that liquids are difficult to transport and they must know that space and weight in checked baggage is always at a premium. Morons.

Also the washing machine is full of water and I'm not sure how to drain it. It also stinks. So much for cleaning the stupid machine.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (07-12-16), psychopathetic (07-12-16), Simargl (07-12-16), stef (07-12-16)
Old 07-12-16, 12:30 PM

Thanked 12,618 Times in 5,594 Posts
aeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond repute

I’m just paying bills until I die.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-12-16, 01:12 PM
Zen moderator

Thanked 26,117 Times in 12,775 Posts
stef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond repute

OK so it's 7:10 and I am still at work and my boss is still here
Once I get back to my town - I'll miss the 8:00 bus back to my apt (the last one, summer schedule)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stef For This Useful Post:
aeon (07-12-16), Little Missy (07-12-16), psychopathetic (07-12-16)
Old 07-12-16, 01:19 PM

Thanked 19,312 Times in 10,265 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by stef View Post
OK so it's 7:10 and I am still at work and my boss is still here
Once I get back to my town - I'll miss the 8:00 bus back to my apt (the last one, summer schedule)
Keep looking serene if you can.

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (07-12-16), stef (07-12-16)
Old 07-12-16, 01:20 PM

Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy12 View Post
I'm so annoyed. I should never ask for favours from anyone on behalf of other people. As my parents are coming here soon my acquaintance who has got family in my parents' city asked if they could bring a parcel for her from her family. My parents agreed but those idiots have given them about 3kg of liquids in leaky bottles. So my mom had to remove some of her own stuff and my dad spent an hour wiping and packing the leaky bottles. I just hope they won't leak or break in their suitcase. Seriously.. idiots. Theyce all flown before. They must know that liquids are difficult to transport and they must know that space and weight in checked baggage is always at a premium. Morons.

Also the washing machine is full of water and I'm not sure how to drain it. It also stinks. So much for cleaning the stupid machine.
Twirl the dial around to spin. And definitely get a couple gallons of white vinegar and wash that through it over and over.

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (07-12-16), psychopathetic (07-12-16), stef (07-12-16)
Old 07-12-16, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simargl View Post
I didn't get the interim position. I'm alright with that, actually. I think it was good to get the interviewing experience. I got some feedback since it was an internal interview. I did better than I thought I did. I touched all the points I wanted to get across. I was told that I surprised everyone on the leadership team by applying and that they were excited that I made that step. I don't believe that comment was fluff.

I got caught in the web of losing where I was in the middle of a story/explanation more than once. However, I don't think that played against me as much as I thought it did.
Don't worry Smirgy, one time I applied for a job and he told me to bring my resume and I galloped in the back door breathless and yelled, "I LIED! I don't have a resume. I'm the one you want!!" He sent me home.

But he called the next day. I was the one he wanted. He said he liked my moxie.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (07-12-16), psychopathetic (07-12-16), Simargl (07-13-16), stef (07-12-16)
Old 07-12-16, 02:02 PM
Zen moderator

Thanked 26,117 Times in 12,775 Posts
stef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond repute

Its ok i got a train right away ill be back before 8:30
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stef For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (07-12-16), psychopathetic (07-12-16)
Old 07-12-16, 02:48 PM
e-(((hug))) extraordinaire!

Thanked 12,640 Times in 6,234 Posts
psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

((((((((((((((Uns))))))))))))))

((((((((((((((MOM))))))))))))))
I'll always fondly remember.

The Following User Says Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
Unmanagable (07-12-16)
Old 07-12-16, 02:50 PM

Dont have white vinegar. Doesn't vinegar smell as well? Also I've never been able to find white vinegar. I'd have to order it online and I don't want to wait for so long.

I ran it with washing detergent.

Am washing some bedding now. I'm an idiot. I shouldnt have washed it with that weird stuff.
Old 07-12-16, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy12 View Post
Dont have white vinegar. Doesn't vinegar smell as well? Also I've never been able to find white vinegar. I'd have to order it online and I don't want to wait for so long.

I ran it with washing detergent.

Am washing some bedding now. I'm an idiot. I shouldnt have washed it with that weird stuff.
The smell goes away instantly, believe it or not. White vinegar is everywhere small bottles, gallon jugs...maybe not there, huh?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (07-12-16), Unmanagable (07-12-16)
Old 07-12-16, 02:55 PM
e-(((hug))) extraordinaire!

Thanked 12,640 Times in 6,234 Posts
psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

Can't you just put a bunch of shampoo into your washer and clean it that way?

That way you can clean your washing machine, your house, AND the whole neighborhood!

((((((((((((((MOM))))))))))))))
I'll always fondly remember.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (07-12-16), Hermus (07-12-16), Little Missy (07-12-16)
Old 07-12-16, 03:17 PM

And vinegar won't damage the rubber sealant of the door? I should probably try it but I don't want to mess even more with the washing machine. I really like our washing machine and we just don't have the time or money to invest in a new one if I mess up. Uggh every tiny little thing is just such an effort.

The strange thing is that this product has got really good reviews and no one is complaining about a nasty smell. Mine might have been expired though I couldn't find an expiry date.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (07-12-16), psychopathetic (07-12-16)
Old 07-12-16, 04:07 PM

Just had the fright of my life.

Was putting the budgies to bed and as usual I kept their cage door open while changing their water. They are both rescue budgies and pretty much cage bound. I always keep the cage door open when I'm st home but close the room door so they can fly around if they want. They rarely do though no matter how much I tempt them. At the most they'll climb out and to the top of the cage. There have even been a few times when I've left the window of their room open along with the cage door..and it 2as always fine.

Today as so often I forgot to close the room door with the cage door open. No idea what happened but suddenly one of the budgies shot out of the cage and flew out of the room.

There are so.many dangers for a little budgie in the house. They can drown in the toilet. Get stuck in small spaces, fly against windows or mirrors or worst of all fly out the window which in most cases means sure death as they aren't homing. Thankfully she flew into a bed room and I was able to catch her very quickly. She was fine. Just very disoriented. And now she's happily back in the cage and cuddling with her friend. I don't know what made her shoot out like that.

Uggh..when I think about what could have happened though. Thankfully the weather was so.lousy today. Normally we keep.all windows open but we've been having torrential rain so the windows were shut..except I'm our bedroom but thankfully she didn't fly in there. And thankfully she didn't fly downstairs. The kitchen is another death trap.

In a way this is a good lesson. Hopefully I'll remember in the future to always make sure the door is closed. ...now that I know they might actually fly out. Not hopefully. I need to be more careful.

Phew.....I should feel so grateful and relieved but I'm just freaked out. And still stressing about the stupid washing machine. Uggh..priorities.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (07-12-16), Lunacie (07-12-16), midnightstar (07-12-16), psychopathetic (07-12-16), stef (07-12-16)
Old 07-12-16, 05:42 PM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 20,030 Times in 11,666 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((everyone))))))))) ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

*does all Fuzzy's washing for her*
Ebony (1st January 2014 - current)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm
Hope you all have a beautiful day
"Keep your dreams alive, dreaming is still how the strong survive" Oliver and Company (Disney)
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (07-12-16), psychopathetic (07-12-16), Simargl (07-13-16), stef (07-12-16)
Closed Thread