ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-15-14, 08:10 PM
Suspended Account

Thanked 5,300 Times in 2,835 Posts
Gilthranon has a reputation beyond reputeGilthranon has a reputation beyond reputeGilthranon has a reputation beyond reputeGilthranon has a reputation beyond reputeGilthranon has a reputation beyond reputeGilthranon has a reputation beyond reputeGilthranon has a reputation beyond reputeGilthranon has a reputation beyond reputeGilthranon has a reputation beyond reputeGilthranon has a reputation beyond reputeGilthranon has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The what's bothering you RIGHT NOW thread Part III

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baal Moom View Post
I call medicine "drugs". Anyway, be careful with your shot. And I think drugs may seem to stop working after a while because bad habits kick back in after the initial rush is over. At least, I think it's true about me. But habits can be changed, I think. Etc. Haven't taken my prescription cocaine today, so I'm not making sense more than usual. Does that make sense?
I have taken cocaļne but on a 'drugs' level. When I noticed my potential addiction I immediately quit. I helped ADD I think. The sensation, clarity was impressive. Like sobering up. But never taken medically. Yours is medical yes ?
Old 12-16-14, 05:30 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 4,215 Times in 2,399 Posts
eclectic beagle has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic beagle has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic beagle has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic beagle has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic beagle has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic beagle has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic beagle has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic beagle has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic beagle has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic beagle has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic beagle has a reputation beyond repute

Another day with a ****** up family.
Old 12-16-14, 06:35 PM

eclectic beagle has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic beagle has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic beagle has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic beagle has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic beagle has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic beagle has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic beagle has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic beagle has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic beagle has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic beagle has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic beagle has a reputation beyond repute

I guess everything is fine now. Pointless grind.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-16-14, 06:50 PM

Thanked 27,328 Times in 12,683 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute

The forum is becoming more and more judgemental and intolerant, from how people are expected to express themselves to the topics that people are allowed to associate with ADHd. I don't mean the threads closed by mods but just the replies by members as in.. "Ooh..that's not ADHD..this is not ADHd...how dare anything that isn't cute and fluffy be associated with ADHd...."

Yikes.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
mercuranian (02-21-15), phantasm (12-17-14), Stevuke79 (12-17-14)
Old 12-16-14, 07:16 PM
Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,743 Times in 881 Posts
Baal Moom has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockwaeve View Post
I have taken cocaļne but on a 'drugs' level. When I noticed my potential addiction I immediately quit. I helped ADD I think. The sensation, clarity was impressive. Like sobering up. But never taken medically. Yours is medical yes ?
I don't take cocaine, and I don't think it's prescribed here, but I've read that Ritalin, which I take on prescription, is chemically very similar to cocaine. I don't advocate taking anything illegal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy12 View Post
The forum is becoming more and more judgemental and intolerant, from how people are expected to express themselves to the topics that people are allowed to associate with ADHd. I don't mean the threads closed by mods but just the replies by members as in.. "Ooh..that's not ADHD..this is not ADHd...how dare anything that isn't cute and fluffy be associated with ADHd...."

Yikes.
I haven't noticed, but I don't read the other sections, like, at all. Members object to non-favourable views of ADHD?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Baal Moom For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (12-17-14), Gilthranon (12-18-14), stef (12-17-14), Stevuke79 (12-17-14)
Old 12-17-14, 04:25 AM
ADDvanced Contributor

Jenn1202 will become famous soon enough

I can't sleep
Rx: 2007-2012: Ritalin LA 30, Ritalin IR 10 X 2; 2013: Daytrana 10; Jan-Jul 2014: Ritalin IR 10mg; Aug 2014: Adderall IR 5mg; Sep 2014: Dex IR 5mg (Barr/Mal); Nov 2015: Zenzedi 5mg; 2016: off meds; Current : Zenzedi 5mg
Dx: 2004: ADHD, 2012: Hyperthyroidism, medication-induced rapid heartbeat/palpitations; 2013: Hashimoto's, PVCs/PACs; 2014: Innocent heart murmur, 2016: Roemheld syndrome and the list goes on and on..
Old 12-17-14, 04:59 AM

Thanked 27,328 Times in 12,683 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute

Uggh..mil asked me for a £1000,- so she can take her staff on a holiday. I don't know why it bothers me and it bothers me that it bothers me. I'd agreed to give her the money a long time ago, in fact I thought that hubby had already transferred it to her from my account. She isn't asking out of selfishness. She just want SME to do something nice for her staff maybe so I feel closer to them IR get their blessings or something like that. Still, it's a lot of money. I'm not even sure I have that much in my account.

Well, the truth is I guess the reason it bugs me is because just a few days ago she told me that she wants nothing else from hubbyexvept that he call s her regularly. She keeps asking him for money though but apparently the fact that he gives her money, has even taken out s huge loan for her, m means nothing. She actually said that it means nothing. She also said she never asks for anything else but affection and for us to call but obviously that's not true.

Anyway, I've promised her ye
are ago that I'll give her this money so I'm going to and its fine. I shouldn't be so stingy..or judgmentsl. I just hope she won't tell my parents. They keep plying us with money and she keeps taking it from us. They won't like it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
Stevuke79 (12-17-14)
Old 12-17-14, 09:32 AM
Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,743 Times in 881 Posts
Baal Moom has disabled reputation

Doesn't sound right, Fuzz. Then again, don't know your family. I have a friend who tells me I have to get out of the house ASAP, away from my crazy parents, but I'd have to reveal very delicate stuff to explain why that would be a very poor idea. It's not like I don't want to every day.
The Following User Says Thank You to Baal Moom For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (12-17-14)
Old 12-17-14, 09:48 AM

Thanked 18,835 Times in 10,032 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

The LOL(Little Old Lady) that I am a companion for has a family that has no clue that her age, her degree of macular degeneration and her recovery from a broken hip is never going to make her able to bathe, make food or coffee, or even get around much out of the again. She is happily and easily getting around her monstrous 4000 square ft. home, she is unbelievably totally continent, but she has no desire to go anywhere because she's happy and comfortable at home. They may pay me well, but I am HER advocate.

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
stef (12-17-14), Unmanagable (12-17-14)
Old 12-17-14, 10:10 AM

Thanked 5,930 Times in 2,707 Posts
Stevuke79 has a reputation beyond reputeStevuke79 has a reputation beyond reputeStevuke79 has a reputation beyond reputeStevuke79 has a reputation beyond reputeStevuke79 has a reputation beyond reputeStevuke79 has a reputation beyond reputeStevuke79 has a reputation beyond reputeStevuke79 has a reputation beyond reputeStevuke79 has a reputation beyond reputeStevuke79 has a reputation beyond reputeStevuke79 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I haven't noticed, but I don't read the other sections, like, at all. Members object to non-favourable views of ADHD?
They object to non-favorable views, overly favorable views,.. it's all very complicated and hard to keep up with.

This planet is now property of the Sontaran Empire. Surrender your women and intellectuals. -Commander Strax
The Following User Says Thank You to Stevuke79 For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (12-17-14)
Old 12-17-14, 10:14 AM

Thanked 5,930 Times in 2,707 Posts
Stevuke79 has a reputation beyond reputeStevuke79 has a reputation beyond reputeStevuke79 has a reputation beyond reputeStevuke79 has a reputation beyond reputeStevuke79 has a reputation beyond reputeStevuke79 has a reputation beyond reputeStevuke79 has a reputation beyond reputeStevuke79 has a reputation beyond reputeStevuke79 has a reputation beyond reputeStevuke79 has a reputation beyond reputeStevuke79 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy12 View Post
Uggh..mil asked me for a £1000, .. just a few days ago she told me that she wants nothing else from hubbyexvept that he call s her regularly..
Did you ask her if she would take a phone call instead? I guess £1000, is a lot,.. so maybe it'd have to be a conference call.
(You aren't being judgemental at all .. get that craap out of your head!! )

I think you're very honest and strong to be able to talk about these things - for me they make me so uncomfortable. I'd like to be more like you.

This planet is now property of the Sontaran Empire. Surrender your women and intellectuals. -Commander Strax
The Following User Says Thank You to Stevuke79 For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (12-17-14)
Old 12-17-14, 03:21 PM
ADDvanced Member

Location: Multiple dimensions of reality, but also East Texas
TXJK14 has a spectacular aura aboutTXJK14 has a spectacular aura about

Im dreading Christmas this year... My two boys will be with their mom (They rather be with me), my back stabbing older brother will be here (long story) and I hate the holidays since my dad passed about 5 years ago.

I would sit and be in my own world but I have to keep my fiancee calm (She's OCD) because she hates my brother too and the holidays are hard because her mom passed as well and her dad lives over seas.

Always open to chat.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TXJK14 For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (12-17-14), Unmanagable (12-17-14)
Old 12-17-14, 05:52 PM

Thanked 2,284 Times in 1,126 Posts
phantasm has a brilliant futurephantasm has a brilliant futurephantasm has a brilliant futurephantasm has a brilliant futurephantasm has a brilliant futurephantasm has a brilliant futurephantasm has a brilliant futurephantasm has a brilliant futurephantasm has a brilliant futurephantasm has a brilliant futurephantasm has a brilliant future

This horrible cough that WON'T. GO. AWAY!!

There are no limits to what you can accomplish when you are suppose to be doing something else.
The Following User Says Thank You to phantasm For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (12-17-14)
Old 12-17-14, 06:16 PM
Contributor

ChicharitoFan14 will become famous soon enough

I can't be bothered with Christmas just hope it goes quickly
The Following User Says Thank You to ChicharitoFan14 For This Useful Post:
Unmanagable (12-17-14)
Old 12-17-14, 06:51 PM

Quote:

I guess sometimes there seems like a pressure to understand add or whatever through someone else's emotions (ex: if I've offended someone, I have to acquiesce to his or her point of view). So there's that. But mostly it's just hard for me to adhere to a particular viewpoint about some of the more abstract aspects of add for any length of time. That usually amounts to me arguing about the subject with someone who seemingly cares more about the subject than I do, when it's more I'd rather hold off a bit from making a definitive judgement when there are clear ambiguities.
The Following User Says Thank You to eclectic beagle For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (12-17-14)
Closed Thread