ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 02-17-17, 01:04 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 17,324 Times in 9,291 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The what's bothering you RIGHT NOW thread Part III

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermus View Post
Have been feeling a lot of emptiness the whole day. Not completely sure where it is coming from.
How is the weather there? Maybe a brisk walk and some passing by "hello's" might brighten things up.

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
julialouise (02-17-17), psychopathetic (02-17-17)
Old 02-17-17, 02:45 PM
Suspended Account

Wuvmy3kitties will become famous soon enough

Trying to get some cleaning and organizing done to my apartment in the course of 4 days. My mom tried to give me some motivation by saying "pretend you're being evicted." Um...no, if I do that, I'll go into panic mode trying to figure out to do.
Slowly, VERY slowly, getting things done.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wuvmy3kitties For This Useful Post:
julialouise (02-17-17), psychopathetic (02-17-17), stef (02-17-17)
Old 02-17-17, 02:47 PM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 17,694 Times in 10,140 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

(((((Wuvsy)))))

I'm now fretting about something from another thread
Ebony (1st January 2014 - current)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm
All paranoia can go fart in the litter tray.
The Following User Says Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (02-17-17)
Sponsored Links
Old 02-17-17, 03:02 PM
Mindful moderator

Thanked 5,082 Times in 2,202 Posts
Hermus has a brilliant futureHermus has a brilliant futureHermus has a brilliant futureHermus has a brilliant futureHermus has a brilliant futureHermus has a brilliant futureHermus has a brilliant futureHermus has a brilliant futureHermus has a brilliant futureHermus has a brilliant futureHermus has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Missy View Post
How is the weather there? Maybe a brisk walk and some passing by "hello's" might brighten things up.
Did that. And did call a lot of people. Family, fellows etc.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hermus For This Useful Post:
Old 02-17-17, 03:21 PM
e-(((hug))) extraordinaire!

Thanked 12,230 Times in 6,050 Posts
psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wuvmy3kitties View Post
Trying to get some cleaning and organizing done to my apartment in the course of 4 days. My mom tried to give me some motivation by saying "pretend you're being evicted." Um...no, if I do that, I'll go into panic mode trying to figure out to do.
Slowly, VERY slowly, getting things done.
Do you have an inspection coming up or something?

My stupid landlord has to come inspect my apartment every year, and it's always such a difficult time in my life...cause I get it SO messy and of course I leave everything till just a day or 2 before the actual inspection date...then it's this huge amount of effort I have to put into cleaning and it's just so overwhelming some years.

/sigh...

(((((((Wuvs)))))))

((((((((((((((MOM))))))))))))))
I'll always fondly remember.

The Following User Says Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
Wuvmy3kitties (02-18-17)
Old 02-17-17, 03:28 PM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 27,756 Times in 12,449 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermus View Post
Had evaluation today at my treatment facility. All the things I came in treatment for and that led to the conclusion that I should treat my addiction still seem to be present. Low self-esteem, trauma, mood swings. Only the unstable relationships aren't present at the moment, simply because I'm not in a relationship. In most of these things I'm making considerable progress, except of the mood swings that still are very present. I'm glad I'm off alcohol, but it also confirms my belief that the problem ribs much deeper than just my addiction. It concerns me a bit, bc it makes me worry about how much therapy is still needed to get at a place where I can have some inner peace.
All of this gets better the longer you are sober- you will change and be a better person then you thought you could be. You have-what? 4 months now? You cant expect an about face that fast. How long did you drink? Was it longer than 4 months? You get my point....
Its hard to face these things without the alcohol- they seem worse for awhile because we cant mood alter to numb them or avoid them. We have to face them or die an alcoholic death. I would say that 99% of addicts have deep problems that will always be in the backround sometimes- but you learn how to manage them like a person that has issues but isnt an alcoholic. Dont worry about how much therapy you need. The whole world belongs in therapy.

I carried a watermelon?

I've always been one of a kind. It just hasnt always been positive.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
aeon (02-17-17), Hermus (02-17-17), julialouise (02-17-17), midnightstar (02-17-17), psychopathetic (02-17-17), stef (02-17-17)
Old 02-17-17, 05:04 PM
Mindful moderator

Hermus has a brilliant futureHermus has a brilliant futureHermus has a brilliant futureHermus has a brilliant futureHermus has a brilliant futureHermus has a brilliant futureHermus has a brilliant futureHermus has a brilliant futureHermus has a brilliant futureHermus has a brilliant futureHermus has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post
All of this gets better the longer you are sober- you will change and be a better person then you thought you could be. You have-what? 4 months now? You cant expect an about face that fast. How long did you drink? Was it longer than 4 months? You get my point....
Its hard to face these things without the alcohol- they seem worse for awhile because we cant mood alter to numb them or avoid them. We have to face them or die an alcoholic death. I would say that 99% of addicts have deep problems that will always be in the backround sometimes- but you learn how to manage them like a person that has issues but isnt an alcoholic. Dont worry about how much therapy you need. The whole world belongs in therapy.
Old 02-17-17, 05:54 PM
Mindful moderator

Suddenly all the insanity I've been through in my sex and love addiction is coming back to my mind. The last year was so crazy. Terrorizing exes, exes terrorizing me and mr accepting it. At times I'm still in denial about my SLA. But bow that comes up there is no denying that I am a total sex and love addict.
psychopathetic (02-18-17)
Old 02-18-17, 11:36 AM

Thanked 22,939 Times in 10,576 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Strange weather this year. Usually my allergies kick in around April.

But about three weeks ago I began sneezing and swelling ... sneezes that the
neighbors across the street can probably hear ... and swollen eyes, feet,
fingers and tongue! Yes my tongue swells with these allergies.

The sides of my tongue are so sore from rubbing against my teeth and getting
bitten when I'm eating ...

My daughter told me her doctor said it was okay to take a benedryl along with
the zyrtec we take daily. I've been doing that for a few days and the sneezing
is nearly gone, but I'm still having trouble getting my shoes on my feet, my
rings won't go on my fingers, and my tongue ... oh, my poor sore tongue.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
BellaVita (02-18-17), psychopathetic (02-18-17)
Old 02-18-17, 12:19 PM
e-(((hug))) extraordinaire!

Thanked 12,230 Times in 6,050 Posts
psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

Gah, my poor Lun Luns :*(.
I wish you didn't have so much physical pains and junk that you have to deal with.

How's your head been the last week or 2? I can't imagine how much worse the congestion and sneezing and everything would cause your headaches .

(((((((Hugs)))))))

((((((((((((((MOM))))))))))))))
I'll always fondly remember.

The Following User Says Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (02-18-17)
Old 02-18-17, 01:04 PM

Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychopathetic View Post
Gah, my poor Lun Luns :*(.
I wish you didn't have so much physical pains and junk that you have to deal with.

How's your head been the last week or 2? I can't imagine how much worse the congestion and sneezing and everything would cause your headaches .

(((((((Hugs)))))))

Headache is not daily at this point. I only took one pain pill this week.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following User Says Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
Old 02-18-17, 02:22 PM
Suspended Account

Wuvmy3kitties will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychopathetic View Post
Do you have an inspection coming up or something?

My stupid landlord has to come inspect my apartment every year, and it's always such a difficult time in my life...cause I get it SO messy and of course I leave everything till just a day or 2 before the actual inspection date...then it's this huge amount of effort I have to put into cleaning and it's just so overwhelming some years.

/sigh...

(((((((Wuvs)))))))
Thank you for your concern and hugs!!!
Well, I might have an inspection coming up. They're supposed to do a maintenance inspection every year, but they haven't had one for 3 years or so...so I want to be ready. I can totally relate with the waiting til the last minute!! That's why I'm trying to get a head start. (note the use of the word trying... )
The Following User Says Thank You to Wuvmy3kitties For This Useful Post:
Old 02-18-17, 03:44 PM

Beatrice: You here to make fun of me too?
Kay: No, ma'am. We at the FBI do not have a sense of humor we're aware of. May we come in?
Beatrice: Sure.

What's the movie?

The Following User Says Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
Old 02-18-17, 04:36 PM

Thanked 26,614 Times in 12,397 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunacie View Post
Beatrice: You here to make fun of me too?
Kay: No, ma'am. We at the FBI do not have a sense of humor we're aware of. May we come in?
Beatrice: Sure.

What's the movie?
Wrong thread??

Miss congeniality??
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-18-17, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy12 View Post
Wrong thread??

Miss congeniality??
Weird. How did that happen?

Also very weird ... needing to turn on the AC in the middle of freaking February!
But I'm sweating here.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (02-18-17), psychopathetic (02-18-17)