ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-17, 03:52 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 5,300 Times in 2,285 Posts
Hermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The what's bothering you RIGHT NOW thread Part III

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightstar View Post
What if they didn't actually say the actual things they were writing down? Like say for example they say out loud "is concerned for her cats welfares" but in reality they're writing down "is a complete fruitcake lock her away and never let her out"?
In that case I'll bake you a cake with a file in it and wait for you in the getaway car.
midnightstar (03-19-17), psychopathetic (03-19-17)
Old 03-19-17, 04:04 PM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 18,847 Times in 10,879 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermus View Post
In that case I'll bake you a cake with a file in it and wait for you in the getaway car.
Thanks Hermus and psycho
Ebony (1st January 2014 - current)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm
Hope you all have a beautiful day
"Forever is a long, long time and time has a way of changing things" Big Mama - The Fox and the Hound (Disney)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
Hermus (03-20-17), psychopathetic (03-19-17), stef (03-19-17)
Old 03-19-17, 04:32 PM

Thanked 11,726 Times in 5,210 Posts
aeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond repute

I've quaffed a bit too much French perry, and now I feel out of sorts.

Sigh,
Ian
Sponsored Links
Old 03-19-17, 05:36 PM

Thanked 23,541 Times in 10,878 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Euwww! I was cleaning the salon today and saw a baby tick on right hand.

I think it was already dead, but still .... euwww! The boss had come in to drop
off some stuff and agreed it looked like a baby tick. Wonder if she will tell the
beauticians next week?

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
aeon (03-19-17), Little Missy (03-19-17), psychopathetic (03-19-17)
Old 03-19-17, 06:32 PM

Thanked 27,156 Times in 12,614 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
So they use the information against their patients? How do we know they're writing down what we actually tell them and are not making stuff up to get us shut away?
All hell has to break loose before they lock you up without your consent. It's so.incredibly rare thst yoI've got nothing to worry about. It's not in their interest either to do this (and not just because it eld cost the nhs quite a lot of money...).

I think.there are a lot of ignorant and dumb psychiatrists snd there are a lot of indifferent psychiatrists but I've never met or heard of anyone who actually wants to hurt their patients in any way. There are lots of good ones as well. I've even had a few of them.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
midnightstar (03-20-17), psychopathetic (03-19-17)
Old 03-19-17, 07:51 PM

Thanked 18,635 Times in 9,934 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

I have an old Gruen wind up that works but I have no idea where it is.

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
The Following User Says Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
aeon (03-19-17)
Old 03-19-17, 08:03 PM

Thanked 11,726 Times in 5,210 Posts
aeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Missy View Post
I have an old Gruen wind up that works but I have no idea where it is.
It's in your half-size mahogany chest with the hammered brass hinges and bookmatched flame maple inlay, you know, the one with the viridian brocade lining.

Cheers,
Ian
Old 03-19-17, 08:23 PM

Thanked 18,635 Times in 9,934 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeon View Post
It's in your half-size mahogany chest with the hammered brass hinges and bookmatched flame maple inlay, you know, the one with the viridian brocade lining.

Cheers,
Ian
I should have known you'd hide it there.

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
aeon (03-19-17), stef (03-20-17)
Old 03-19-17, 09:44 PM

Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute

When I was in primary school in my last year I joined a drama class. I was super excited because we were going to perform in a play in our school leaving ceremony.

I don't remember the name of the play or what it was about. Some stupid ****. All I remember was the role I was given. The drama teacher asked me to play the African court jester (or something!!!!) Because of ny black hair. I remember how thrilled she was. She kept going on and on about how perfectly I suited the role because of my black hair.

I hated it. It was a non speaking role. Basically all I had to do was jump across the stage and grunt like a monkey. I doubt you'd be able to do this play now...especially this role. But that was the 80ies and no one thought that it might be just a tad offensive.

I didn't want the role. I thought it was super embarrassing and stupid. I was really mortified. I was pretty shy and reserved anyway. I dreaded Jumping around the stage and grunting. And wearing the robes of a jester. They were satin and green. With little red bells.

The teacher thought I was too perfect a fit to let me do anything else and nome of the other kids were willing to change roles with me. I remember a week before the performance I tried to convince the few other kids with even more minor non speaking parts to change roles with me but no one wanted to.

In all fairness I tried to do as good a job as I could. I jumped and grunted and well most of the skill required to play that role lay in having black hair apparently. I dont know what my parents thought but they clapped and at least pretended that they were proud of me. Maybe they were. They were pretty unassuming.

Now decades later I almost wish that someone had made a fuss. Either my parents or me. It was racist **** and someone should have made that ignorant oaf of a drama teacher aware of that. I'm ashamed I played my part. I didn't realise then that the problem wasn't that I was made to play this part but that this part existed at all.

I don't know why it's on my mind today or why I'm feeling sore about it now ... decades later. Maybe it wasn't a big deal. I wish I could tell that teacher now but I don't even remember her name. All I remember is how disappointed and humiliated I felt.

Last edited by Fuzzy12; 03-19-17 at 09:59 PM..
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
aeon (03-19-17), Lunacie (03-19-17), stef (03-20-17)
Old 03-19-17, 10:07 PM

Thanked 3,913 Times in 1,916 Posts
willow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy12 View Post
When I was in primary school in my last year I joined a drama class. I was super excited because we were going to perform in a play in our school leaving ceremony.

I don't remember the name of the play or what it was about. Some stupid ****. All I remember was the role I was given. The drama teacher asked me to play the African court jester (or something!!!!) Because of ny black hair. I remember how thrilled she was. She kept going on and on about how perfectly I suited the role because of my black hair.

I hated it. It was a non speaking role. Basically all I had to do was jump across the stage and grunt like a monkey. I doubt you'd be able to do this play now...especially this role. But that was the 80ies and no one thought that it might be just a tad offensive.

I didn't want the role. I thought it was super embarrassing and stupid. I was really mortified. I was pretty shy and reserved anyway. I dreaded Jumping around the stage and grunting. And wearing the robes of a jester. They were satin and green. With little red bells.

The teacher thought I was too perfect a fit to let me do anything else and nome of the other kids were willing to change roles with me. I remember a week before the performance I tried to convince the few other kids with even more minor non speaking parts to change roles with me but no one wanted to.

In all fairness I tried to do as good a job as I could. I jumped and grunted and well most of the skill required to play that role lay in having black hair apparently. I dont know what my parents thought but they clapped and at least pretended that they were proud of me. Maybe they were. They were pretty unassuming.

Now decades later I almost wish that someone had made a fuss. Either my parents or me. It was racist **** and someone should have made that ignorant oaf of a drama teacher aware of that. I'm ashamed I played my part. I didn't realise then that the problem wasn't that I was made to play this part but that this part existed at all.

I don't know why it's on my mind today or why I'm feeling sore about it now ... decades later. Maybe it wasn't a big deal. It wasn't but that didn't make it right. I wish I could tell that teacher now but I don't even remember her name. All I remember is how disappointed and humiliated I felt.
Oh. my. LORD. That's WILD. That's horrible!!

We're putting on the exact opposite of that play at my school!! It's a retold version of The Ugly Duckling, like, better and it's really about friendship, not appearances I really like it, it was written by a bunch of teachers at our school a while ago.
We have kids who are nervous about their roles though, or didn't like the roles they were given, but I try to work with them, and encourage them and stuff...geesh.

Speaking of teaching: Came here to complain that I am 10 hours into prep and still need to enter in grades for 5th, 4th, 3rd, 2nd, and 1st grades (for band, music and movement, chorus, and general music) and I haven't worked out the 3rd grade lesson for tomorrow, haven't done any lessons for Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday. Need to practice the songs for the play, put up recordings of them for the kids to listen to, figure out the pit band, figure out what the custodians need help with for stage set up (I don't know anything but everyone thinks I do >.<) Make a CD of the music for the dances, write the production number choreography so that it's actually legible so that next time we do this we'll actually understand how the dance goes >.<....

and on and on and on and on
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to willow129 For This Useful Post:
aeon (03-19-17), Fuzzy12 (03-19-17), Lunacie (03-19-17), stef (03-20-17)
Old 03-19-17, 10:08 PM
Contributor

julialouise has much to be proud ofjulialouise has much to be proud ofjulialouise has much to be proud ofjulialouise has much to be proud ofjulialouise has much to be proud ofjulialouise has much to be proud ofjulialouise has much to be proud ofjulialouise has much to be proud of

tried clipping my hedgehog's nails with my mom. we managed to get one of his pinky toes (the nail was curling under!!) but we accidentally grabbed at his lil paw with the nail clipper sooooo it ended there.

the coursework for my "incomplete" class (finals ended and we're in between terms but i was able to extend the deadline to complete the course) is SO NOT finished and idk if i'll manage to get it done. i went home for the weekend and i just have not had the ability to work on the stuff. i think i'll be able to get it finished between tomorrow and tuesday, though. and wednesday morning. but i still feel terrible

-neutral milk hotel
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to julialouise For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (03-20-17), stef (03-20-17)
Old 03-20-17, 01:57 AM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 18,847 Times in 10,879 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

Fuzzy that's horrible
Ebony (1st January 2014 - current)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm
Hope you all have a beautiful day
"Forever is a long, long time and time has a way of changing things" Big Mama - The Fox and the Hound (Disney)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (03-20-17), stef (03-20-17)
Old 03-20-17, 03:15 AM
Banned

Letching Gray has much to be proud ofLetching Gray has much to be proud ofLetching Gray has much to be proud ofLetching Gray has much to be proud ofLetching Gray has much to be proud ofLetching Gray has much to be proud ofLetching Gray has much to be proud ofLetching Gray has much to be proud of

Quote:
If Star sees another psych after the expected phone call on Tuesday and the psych writes everything down, what will the psych do with the information that Star tells him/her?

Star is worrying about this.
You have friends who would dash to your side should anyone try to harm you with your personal and confidential, medical information that you provided within the context of a doctor-patient relationship.

My pscyh is a blast. Wish everyone could have him. He spends far more time with me than the scheduled appointment calls for, but charges no more. He has ADHD which helps, plus he's an intelligent, good-hearted guy. I am lucky but I bet there are far more really good psychs than not.

You know what's goofy? I fight like mad to understand why some folks struggle with these kinds of things when their value and worth are so abundantly clear, but completely get it why I do.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Letching Gray For This Useful Post:
midnightstar (03-20-17), stef (03-20-17)
Old 03-20-17, 05:57 AM

I'm trying to figure out what makes fuzzling sneeze and wheeze half of the time when she's eating solids. Maybe it's not the food but something else as today sue actually refused to eat any of it.
I never know if it's severe enough to warrant giving her an anti histamine.

There's just too many things to worry about. She hasn't been very happy in the past few days. I go to the gp almost every week and I'm worried he'll start thinking I'm just a hypochondriac.

Fuzzling's weight gain is super sucky this month. She might be allergic to normal formula
But the super hypoallergenic formula gives her reflux. My milk supply seems to be dwindling as well so I'm at a loss about what to do. How to feed her. And now she's got food allergies too.

I feel like crying. Too many decisions. What caused the reaction? She's had everything before. Several times. But then the reaction increases with every exposure. For all I know it could be something in her freaking bib. Maybe the freaking washing up liquid.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
aeon (03-20-17), Letching Gray (03-20-17), stef (03-20-17)
Old 03-20-17, 06:09 AM
Zen moderator

Thanked 25,749 Times in 12,616 Posts
stef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy12 View Post
I'm trying to figure out what makes fuzzling sneeze and wheeze half of the time when she's eating solids. Maybe it's not the food but something else as today sue actually refused to eat any of it.
I never know if it's severe enough to warrant giving her an anti histamine.

There's just too many things to worry about. She hasn't been very happy in the past few days. I go to the gp almost every week and I'm worried he'll start thinking I'm just a hypochondriac.

Fuzzling's weight gain is super sucky this month. She might be allergic to normal formula
But the super hypoallergenic formula gives her reflux. My milk supply seems to be dwindling as well so I'm at a loss about what to do. How to feed her. And now she's got food allergies too.

I feel like crying. Too many decisions. What caused the reaction? She's had everything before. Several times. But then the reaction increases with every exposure. For all I know it could be something in her freaking bib. Maybe the freaking washing up liquid.
I doubt he'd think that, if she has possible allergies.
you might have a point, with the bib or washing up liquid, or something like that.
could you try maybe, giving her a taste of some food she seems to be allergic to sometimes, but using like a plastic spoon in some wrapper that's never been opened (idk like from fast food or something) and without bib?

it sucks cause they cant talk to tell you what's wrong!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stef For This Useful Post:
aeon (03-20-17), Fuzzy12 (03-20-17)
Closed Thread