ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 04-17-17, 06:17 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 26,614 Times in 12,397 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The what's bothering you RIGHT NOW thread Part III

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdc01 View Post
I wish my sister would tell me when I should bring a dish or not for dinner if i eat at her place. My other sister always tells me when I should bring a dish. This other sister never tells me so I don't ever bring anything. Seems like she's been upset for quite some time now that I never bring anything (and exploded this weekend) but never speaks up about it time and again.

Am I supposed to bring a dish every single time I go to dinner at a family members place even if it's not a party? I'm never going to be able to remember to ask her if I should bring something or not. Kind of annoys me she is annoyed since she knows I'm not good with knowing social ediquette and cause she never speaks up.

Also, her boyfriend found something I said to be mean. My dad's cat is not doing well healthwise at all and my dad is incompetent at taking care of him. So I convinced my mom to take over his cat cause he was once hers too before they separated. If she doesn't take over caring for the cat, he's undoubtedly going to die sooner. The problem is the cat keeps my mom awake all night so she is exhausted. When I told my sister and her boyfriend I got mom to agree to take over the cat, my sister says "but my mom can't sleep". And my response was "but pancake needs to live". Boyfriend immediately says that's mean and he was quite serious about that. So 2 strikes for me in one night. Doesnt it seem like a cats life is more important than getting a good night sleep? I'd take his cat myself but I already took my dad's other cat from him and the 2 cats don't get along.
Bring a dish every time you go to someone's house??

She should have told you if that's what she expected. Some people wouldn't like it if they call you for dinner and you bring your own food so how are you supposed to know.

Also I don't think you were being mean. Pancake has to live. It's just the truth..I do feel for your mom though if she isn't getting any sleep. Why is pancake keeping her up? Is she 5roo noisy? Maybe a cat expert like midnightstar will have some ideas on what to do about that.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
acdc01 (04-17-17), stef (04-17-17)
Old 04-17-17, 08:45 AM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 17,694 Times in 10,140 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

Over my dead body will anyone hurt Ebony ever again, or hurt Tigger for the very first time.
Ebony (1st January 2014 - current)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm
All paranoia can go fart in the litter tray.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (04-17-17), stef (04-17-17)
Old 04-17-17, 10:48 AM

Thanked 10,754 Times in 4,768 Posts
aeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond repute

Sometimes depression is less about mood, and more about pain felt throughout the body, a leaden feeling in the body and limbs, and moving slowly.

Cheers,
Ian
Fuzzy12 (04-17-17), Little Missy (04-17-17), Lunacie (04-17-17), Luvmybully (04-18-17), stef (04-17-17), willow129 (04-19-17)
Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-17, 11:05 AM

Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightstar View Post
Over my dead body will anyone hurt Ebony ever again, or hurt Tigger for the very first time.
They are safe with you!!
midnightstar (04-17-17), stef (04-17-17)
Old 04-17-17, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeon View Post
Sometimes depression is less about mood, and more about pain felt throughout the body, a leaden feeling in the body and limbs, and moving slowly.

Cheers,
Ian
I think I know what you mean. To me it sometimes felt as if ..well.. as if my limbs were made of lead...just as you said.

The tiredness, the fatigue of depression was almost worse than anything else. For me my mind also felt leaden. Like nothing could pass through that fog.

Hope you feel better soon aeon.

Can I ask if anything has happened? You suddenly seem seem so down.

aeon (04-17-17), stef (04-17-17)
Old 04-17-17, 11:38 AM

midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy12 View Post
Bring a dish every time you go to someone's house??

She should have told you if that's what she expected. Some people wouldn't like it if they call you for dinner and you bring your own food so how are you supposed to know.

Also I don't think you were being mean. Pancake has to live. It's just the truth..I do feel for your mom though if she isn't getting any sleep. Why is pancake keeping her up? Is she 5roo noisy? Maybe a cat expert like midnightstar will have some ideas on what to do about that.
i cant read the post you quoted too well on phone, will be able to have a look in a couple of hours and post advice
The Following User Says Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (04-17-17)
Old 04-17-17, 12:42 PM
Zen moderator

Thanked 25,040 Times in 12,328 Posts
stef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond repute

back from a long weekend, although it was nice, I'm now feeling shattered
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stef For This Useful Post:
aeon (04-17-17), Fuzzy12 (04-17-17), Little Missy (04-17-17)
Old 04-17-17, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdc01 View Post
I wish my sister would tell me when I should bring a dish or not for dinner if i eat at her place. My other sister always tells me when I should bring a dish. This other sister never tells me so I don't ever bring anything. Seems like she's been upset for quite some time now that I never bring anything (and exploded this weekend) but never speaks up about it time and again.

Am I supposed to bring a dish every single time I go to dinner at a family members place even if it's not a party? I'm never going to be able to remember to ask her if I should bring something or not. Kind of annoys me she is annoyed since she knows I'm not good with knowing social ediquette and cause she never speaks up.

Also, her boyfriend found something I said to be mean. My dad's cat is not doing well healthwise at all and my dad is incompetent at taking care of him. So I convinced my mom to take over his cat cause he was once hers too before they separated. If she doesn't take over caring for the cat, he's undoubtedly going to die sooner. The problem is the cat keeps my mom awake all night so she is exhausted. When I told my sister and her boyfriend I got mom to agree to take over the cat, my sister says "but my mom can't sleep". And my response was "but pancake needs to live". Boyfriend immediately says that's mean and he was quite serious about that. So 2 strikes for me in one night. Doesnt it seem like a cats life is more important than getting a good night sleep? I'd take his cat myself but I already took my dad's other cat from him and the 2 cats don't get along.
To me a cat's life is much more important than getting a good night's sleep, is the problem Pancake is too noisy? Could your mum wear earplugs and shut the bedroom door? I have to have my bedroom door open all the time at night to hear for whether Ebony needs her inhaler and my Tigger's very noisy wanting to play at night so what I found helps is bring Tigger into the bedroom and let her see me tuck myself into bed and say goodnight to her and Ebony, takes her a few minutes to settle for the night but once she knows it's bedtime and sees me and Ebony in bed she settles down and I don't hear anything else from her until either I get out of bed to go to the loo or the girls decide it's breakfast time

Also, has Pancake seen the vet to rule out any physical causes? How old is he? My first cat Beauty developed dementia along with other problems that caused night time vocalisation
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
acdc01 (04-17-17), Fuzzy12 (04-17-17), Letching Gray (04-18-17), stef (04-17-17)
Old 04-17-17, 05:52 PM

Thanked 10,754 Times in 4,768 Posts
aeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond repute

I donít know what is going on as of late. I have experienced a worsening of my depression that has moved it from a chronic dysthymia to an acute depression, melancholic presentation.

The thing I focus on mentally is that I am lonely. There is the truth of that in that I am not meeting my need for social engagement, even counting speaking with me sweetie nearly every day. Then there is the side that is my mind ruminating, and it turns it into something soul-piercing.

I suppose the combo of the severity that and my birthday spent alone yesterday led to me to seek help and I went to the ER/A&E yesterday evening. It wasnít that I had any intent of self-injury, but I felt so out of sorts that I knew I had crossed some line where I should seek help.

I got some counseling, and they gave me both benzodiazepine (lorazepam/Ativan 1mg) and methamphetamine (Desoxyn, 25mg). They were surprised and took note of the fact that 25mg of methamphetamine didnít perk me up much.

At one point I was surprised when a nurse came in with a tiny cupcake with a candle, with other nurses, lab techs, and doctors in tow, and they sang Happy Birthday to me. That made me cry. And I joked about how tiny the cupcake was and the nurse said it had to be on account of me being diabetic and all, and she said she had gotten it from the pediatric ward.

This all could be down to my switch to a different antidepressant, but I have been off of my previous one (Wellbutrin/bupropion) before, but without such a bad turn. I am going to resume taking it, and continue the one I have recently started (Remeron/mirtazapine).

---

I am feeling better today, in terms of mood, anyway, but damn does my body ache, and before noon I was plodding along when walking, just leaden in my limbs.

Iíve got stuff to do and seemingly no energy to do it.

Cheers,
Ian
acdc01 (04-17-17), Fuzzy12 (04-17-17), Hermus (04-18-17), Johnny Slick (04-17-17), Letching Gray (04-18-17), Little Missy (04-17-17), Lunacie (04-17-17), Luvmybully (04-18-17), stef (04-17-17), willow129 (04-19-17)
Old 04-18-17, 04:41 AM
Mindful moderator

Thanked 5,082 Times in 2,202 Posts
Hermus has a brilliant futureHermus has a brilliant futureHermus has a brilliant futureHermus has a brilliant futureHermus has a brilliant futureHermus has a brilliant futureHermus has a brilliant futureHermus has a brilliant futureHermus has a brilliant futureHermus has a brilliant futureHermus has a brilliant future

Quote:
I donít know what is going on as of late. I have experienced a worsening of my depression that has moved it from a chronic dysthymia to an acute depression, melancholic presentation.

The thing I focus on mentally is that I am lonely. There is the truth of that in that I am not meeting my need for social engagement, even counting speaking with me sweetie nearly every day. Then there is the side that is my mind ruminating, and it turns it into something soul-piercing.

I suppose the combo of the severity that and my birthday spent alone yesterday led to me to seek help and I went to the ER/A&E yesterday evening. It wasnít that I had any intent of self-injury, but I felt so out of sorts that I knew I had crossed some line where I should seek help.

I got some counseling, and they gave me both benzodiazepine (lorazepam/Ativan 1mg) and methamphetamine (Desoxyn, 25mg). They were surprised and took note of the fact that 25mg of methamphetamine didnít perk me up much.

At one point I was surprised when a nurse came in with a tiny cupcake with a candle, with other nurses, lab techs, and doctors in tow, and they sang Happy Birthday to me. That made me cry. And I joked about how tiny the cupcake was and the nurse said it had to be on account of me being diabetic and all, and she said she had gotten it from the pediatric ward.

This all could be down to my switch to a different antidepressant, but I have been off of my previous one (Wellbutrin/bupropion) before, but without such a bad turn. I am going to resume taking it, and continue the one I have recently started (Remeron/mirtazapine).

---

I am feeling better today, in terms of mood, anyway, but damn does my body ache, and before noon I was plodding along when walking, just leaden in my limbs.

Cheers,
Ian
Sorry to hear you are not doing well, Ian. I don't know what to reply since you probably know most things already, but I just wish you well.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hermus For This Useful Post:
aeon (04-18-17), stef (04-18-17)
Old 04-18-17, 04:48 AM
Mindful moderator

Hermus has a brilliant futureHermus has a brilliant futureHermus has a brilliant futureHermus has a brilliant futureHermus has a brilliant futureHermus has a brilliant futureHermus has a brilliant futureHermus has a brilliant futureHermus has a brilliant futureHermus has a brilliant futureHermus has a brilliant future

Not doing well. Feeling frustration and resentment towards the people who have advised me to be abstinent. A lot of people tell me to do that, but nobody tells me how. Of course abstinence is so easy to everyone who doesn't have to do it. Just deny part of your own feelings and done, it's so simple. Nobody thinks of giving me the tools to deal with it. The frustration is so high I can't even get to writing my thesis, which was going well but probably I will screw up again now.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hermus For This Useful Post:
aeon (04-18-17), Letching Gray (04-18-17), stef (04-18-17)
Old 04-18-17, 04:48 AM

Quote:

---

Cheers,
Ian
Glad you are feeling better today and I hope your mood will continue improving. Take it easy and e good to yourself.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
aeon (04-18-17), Hermus (04-18-17), stef (04-18-17)
Old 04-18-17, 08:48 AM
Mindful moderator

Have been procrastinating from my thesis all day. And it just doesn't interest me anymore. Probably I'm not going to make it by June. And then I will have a problem, but the whole world can go to hell. It doesn't matter to me anymore what is going to happen. My life will be empty anyway, without any healthy way to fill that emptiness.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hermus For This Useful Post:
aeon (04-18-17), Letching Gray (04-18-17)
Old 04-18-17, 09:11 AM
Banned

Letching Gray has much to be proud ofLetching Gray has much to be proud ofLetching Gray has much to be proud ofLetching Gray has much to be proud ofLetching Gray has much to be proud ofLetching Gray has much to be proud ofLetching Gray has much to be proud ofLetching Gray has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermus View Post
Have been procrastinating from my thesis all day. And it just doesn't interest me anymore. Probably I'm not going to make it by June. And then I will have a problem, but the whole world can go to hell. It doesn't matter to me anymore what is going to happen. My life will be empty anyway, without any healthy way to fill that emptiness.

You are already filling that void. The best is yet to come. Your addiction certainly doesn't want you well, but you've been doing the hard work of recovery for quite a few 24 hours now. All the feelings associated with this addiction assaulting us. All that we suppressed, ignored, drank away, acted out on come floodin in. And you keep talking about them. Amazing
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Letching Gray For This Useful Post:
Hermus (04-18-17), stef (04-18-17)
Old 04-18-17, 09:58 AM

(((((aeon and Hermus)))))
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
aeon (04-18-17), Hermus (04-18-17), stef (04-18-17)