ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-18-17, 11:40 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 12,618 Times in 5,594 Posts
aeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The what's bothering you RIGHT NOW thread Part III

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermus View Post
Sorry to hear you are not doing well, Ian. I don't know what to reply since you probably know most things already, but I just wish you well.
Thanks. As to the knowing, hardly. The most difficult thing to see is always one’s self, or so has been my experience.

You possess the gift of insight. Do not doubt yourself. Your counsel is always welcome.

Cheers,
Ian
Old 04-18-17, 11:49 AM

aeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond repute

When I went to the hospital, they did a pill count of my dextroamphetamine sulfate.

The NP said to me “I’ve been a nurse practitioner for 17 years, and this is the first time I have ever done a pill count of dextroamphetamine and there are more remaining than there should be.”

---

This led to some counsel about taking my meds daily, and how missing days could be contributing to my overall experience of depression.

Fair Enough,
Ian
Old 04-18-17, 11:58 AM

Thanked 4,194 Times in 1,560 Posts
Luvmybully has a reputation beyond reputeLuvmybully has a reputation beyond reputeLuvmybully has a reputation beyond reputeLuvmybully has a reputation beyond reputeLuvmybully has a reputation beyond reputeLuvmybully has a reputation beyond reputeLuvmybully has a reputation beyond reputeLuvmybully has a reputation beyond reputeLuvmybully has a reputation beyond reputeLuvmybully has a reputation beyond reputeLuvmybully has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdc01 View Post
This other sister never tells me so I don't ever bring anything. Seems like she's been upset for quite some time now that I never bring anything (and exploded this weekend) but never speaks up about it time and again.

The problem is the cat keeps my mom awake all night so she is exhausted. When I told my sister and her boyfriend I got mom to agree to take over the cat, my sister says "but my mom can't sleep". And my response was "but pancake needs to live". Boyfriend immediately says that's mean and he was quite serious about that. .
I HATE! it when people expect others to read their minds. I never understand what is so hard about just SAYING what you want!

And as far as your dad's cat is concerned, what is MEAN is even suggesting the cat should just die because mom can't sleep. Really? WOW.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Luvmybully For This Useful Post:
acdc01 (04-18-17), aeon (04-18-17), midnightstar (04-18-17), stef (04-18-17)
Sponsored Links
Old 04-18-17, 12:01 PM
Yeti-Wrangling Moderator

Thanked 18,441 Times in 9,101 Posts
namazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeon View Post
there are more remaining than there should be
Happens to me every month! I'm surprised the nurse hadn't seen it before, given that we ADHDers tend to be a forgetful lot; then again, an ER sample probably isn't representative.

Best wishes for things to start looking up / less heavy soon.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to namazu For This Useful Post:
aeon (04-18-17), Simargl (04-18-17), stef (04-18-17)
Old 04-18-17, 02:19 PM
Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 2,850 Times in 1,232 Posts
Simargl has much to be proud ofSimargl has much to be proud ofSimargl has much to be proud ofSimargl has much to be proud ofSimargl has much to be proud ofSimargl has much to be proud ofSimargl has much to be proud ofSimargl has much to be proud ofSimargl has much to be proud ofSimargl has much to be proud of

I'm supposed to take Dex 2-3 times a day. I feel like hell on the days that I choose to only take two doses.

At the same time, 3x seems like too much on a day to day basis. I know I need a small break on the weekends. I sleep in on Sat/Sun but I will easily sleep until 3 if don't keep my first dose and water near the bed and take it around 11.
Old 04-18-17, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simargl View Post
I'm supposed to take Dex 2-3 times a day. I feel like hell on the days that I choose to only take two doses.

At the same time, 3x seems like too much on a day to day basis. I know I need a small break on the weekends. I sleep in on Sat/Sun but I will easily sleep until 3 if don't keep my first dose and water near the bed and take it around 11.
We’re two peas in a pod in this regard, but I am only 2x/day dosing.

3x/day dosing would mean a single scheduled dose would not be enough to be efficacious.

Just curious, what is your daily regimen with the Dex, and I’m guessing you are IR, yes? (no need to answer if you do not wish to)

Cheers,
Ian
Old 04-18-17, 04:56 PM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 20,030 Times in 11,666 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

Pets are like children. You cant just cast them aside when it is not convenient to look after them. Pets are forever. Human actions can and does affect the pet (emotional damage)
Ebony (1st January 2014 - current)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm
Hope you all have a beautiful day
"Keep your dreams alive, dreaming is still how the strong survive" Oliver and Company (Disney)
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
acdc01 (04-18-17), Hermus (04-19-17), Luvmybully (04-18-17), stef (04-18-17)
Old 04-18-17, 05:17 PM
Zen moderator

Thanked 26,117 Times in 12,775 Posts
stef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond repute

I've mixed up the brands neutrogena and nivea (i realize this 36 hrs later...)
changed the background on my ipad and seriously questioning this choice;
and would channel 46, please, show the summary of the other game already, instead of analyzing the one I just watched.
The Following User Says Thank You to stef For This Useful Post:
aeon (04-18-17)
Old 04-18-17, 05:19 PM

Thanked 23,880 Times in 11,053 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

So it was time to admit that canes aren't cutting it. I need a place to sit down
every so often. So I ordered a walker with a seat ... and a basket.

First, Amazon skipped asking me which card I wanted to pay with so I had to
rush to the ATM and pay my daughter the money that was coming off her card.
Ugh.

Second, the walker arrived today, box in good shape, walker in good shape,
but the basket was not in the box. I recheck the Amazon listing where others
asked if the basket was included and the seller replied that it is. So I had to
send a message to the seller asking to have a basket sent to me. *sigh*

To use this walker for the things I wanted it for (like shopping or library) I need
the basket.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
aeon (04-18-17), Luvmybully (04-18-17), stef (04-18-17)
Old 04-18-17, 05:27 PM

Thanked 3,404 Times in 1,746 Posts
acdc01 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightstar View Post
is the problem Pancake is too noisy? Could your mum wear earplugs and shut the bedroom door?

Also, has Pancake seen the vet to rule out any physical causes? How old is he? My first cat Beauty developed dementia along with other problems that caused night time vocalisation
Pancake isn't making a lot of noise. He is constantly wanting attention in the middle of the night. Jumping on my mom and pawing her face to wake her up. I told my mom to just cover her head and ignore him when he does that and sooner or later, he'll learn he won't get attention that way. Unfortunately, I think my dad has let the cats take control at night for an eternity now and retraining him seems really tough. She has a studio so no doors except the bathroom. I guess she could lock him in the bathroom at night but that room is really small, not sure if it's a good idea and he will definitely meow at least in the start. He's 15 years old and has gone to the Dr's already. He has tons of stuff wrong with him but it's not causing the night difficulties.

Thanks for the advice midnight. Thanks for the support fuzzy and luvmybully.

I realize why my sisters boyfriend called me mean. It's cause I sounded so blunt when I said pancakes got to live right after my sister said but my mom can't sleep. I sound so matter of fact that it seems like I don't even care my mom can't sleep which isn't true. I actually tried to think of other options but seeing as I couldn't think of any, I already accepted that my mom would have to suffer some for the greater good. So I was just stating facts. NTS seem so easily blinded to the reasonable choice by tones of a person's voice. There were 4 of us in the room and looking at other people's faces, they seemed to agree with my sisters boyfriend. My sister burst out laughing at my comment when she heard it which was surprising to me too as I didn't see the humor in it (now I do).
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to acdc01 For This Useful Post:
Luvmybully (04-18-17), midnightstar (04-18-17), stef (04-19-17)
Old 04-18-17, 09:57 PM
Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 2,850 Times in 1,232 Posts
Simargl has much to be proud ofSimargl has much to be proud ofSimargl has much to be proud ofSimargl has much to be proud ofSimargl has much to be proud ofSimargl has much to be proud ofSimargl has much to be proud ofSimargl has much to be proud ofSimargl has much to be proud ofSimargl has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeon View Post
We’re two peas in a pod in this regard, but I am only 2x/day dosing.

3x/day dosing would mean a single scheduled dose would not be enough to be efficacious.

Just curious, what is your daily regimen with the Dex, and I’m guessing you are IR, yes? (no need to answer if you do not wish to)

Cheers,
Ian
I don't mind sharing.

I'm taking IR. The start time varies but I tend to take each dose 4 hours apart. I've waited longer but I can feel it wearing off and I regret messing with the schedule.

Most days: 20mg at 8:30am, 12:30pm, 4:30pm

I tried twice a day for a while but my mornings were rough when I started late or I would crash hard when I got home if I started early.
Old 04-19-17, 03:25 AM

Thanked 5,526 Times in 2,368 Posts
Hermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond repute

I just don't fully trust my addiction counsellor anymore. She has given me no goal as to when I will be able to date again. My best bet is that they are going to try to keep me off dating as long as I'm in treatment, in order to increase their own success rate by preventing any chance of relapse. After that I'm without their guidance and it will be very difficult, but in that case a relapse doesn't affect their ratings. It will have no use being honest to my counsellor about what I think, because of course they will never admit that they are just using me to improve their ratings.

They didn't even give me a plan or anything about when I would be able to form healthy relationships, or how they are going to help me with that.
Letching Gray (04-19-17)
Old 04-19-17, 04:39 AM
Banned

Letching Gray has much to be proud ofLetching Gray has much to be proud ofLetching Gray has much to be proud ofLetching Gray has much to be proud ofLetching Gray has much to be proud ofLetching Gray has much to be proud ofLetching Gray has much to be proud ofLetching Gray has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermus View Post
I just don't fully trust my addiction counsellor anymore. She has given me no goal as to when I will be able to date again. My best bet is that they are going to try to keep me off dating as long as I'm in treatment, in order to increase their own success rate by preventing any chance of relapse. After that I'm without their guidance and it will be very difficult, but in that case a relapse doesn't affect their ratings. It will have no use being honest to my counsellor about what I think, because of course they will never admit that they are just using me to improve their ratings.

They didn't even give me a plan or anything about when I would be able to form healthy relationships, or how they are going to help me with that.
What makes you suspicious, besides not giving you a goal/date for dating again? To give you a date would presuppose she can predict the future in a way, you know? Your recovery is based on one-day-at-a-time blocks of time. Withdrawal is different for everyone. You may need more 24 hours than some, less than others, but it is impossible to say for sure.

A sign that we are finishing this phase of our recovery, according to the SLAA text, is that the urgency to act out on our bottom line behaviors, isn't as powerful. It doesn't consume our thinking like it once did- wondering when we can act out again.

But dating may not be something you need to withdraw from. Your bottom lines are yours.

Whoops. Just saw your last paragraph. Have you asked her if setting goals will be part of their work with you?
The Following User Says Thank You to Letching Gray For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (04-19-17)
Old 04-19-17, 06:13 AM
Zen moderator

Thanked 26,117 Times in 12,775 Posts
stef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond repute

ARGH
I was worrying and worrying about this meeting tonight, i had booked rooms for it ages ago (I had absolutely no information and was actually afraid to contact the guy holding the meeting, a chum of my boss), and in fact the marketing dept organized the whole thing.

Why do i do this??? it had been bothering me for at least 2 weeks.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stef For This Useful Post:
Letching Gray (04-19-17), Little Missy (04-19-17), Lunacie (04-19-17)
Old 04-19-17, 07:28 AM

Thanked 19,312 Times in 10,265 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

That appointment next week. You'd think at this age I could have my teeth cleaned without needing Valium, Ativan and nitrous. What really gets me is that afterward I just sit right up and walk out of there and drive home. Only a mile but still.

I have to take a shower.

I have to juggle the dogs and LOL so I can nip off some tree shoots in the yard. Well, not for 3 hours or so, but somehow it seems like I never have enough time.

And the detritus build up all over the place from winter in her yard. The lawn guys should be there aerating and fertilizing by now.

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
The Following User Says Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
stef (04-19-17)
Closed Thread