ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 04-19-17, 08:38 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 23,067 Times in 10,644 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The what's bothering you RIGHT NOW thread Part III

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Missy View Post
That appointment next week. You'd think at this age I could have my teeth cleaned without needing Valium, Ativan and nitrous. What really gets me is that afterward I just sit right up and walk out of there and drive home. Only a mile but still.

I have to take a shower.

I have to juggle the dogs and LOL so I can nip off some tree shoots in the yard. Well, not for 3 hours or so, but somehow it seems like I never have enough time.

And the detritus build up all over the place from winter in her yard. The lawn guys should be there aerating and fertilizing by now.
I'm the same way about the dentist. I haven't been to one in three years.
Thought I'd found a good one with nitrous and able to do extractions in office.
But after three good visits they suddenly had a scented candle burning at
reception. I called and reminded them that I have a very bad allergy, but
they claimed they knew nothing about it. I know I've developed a phobia
about going places where candles and air fresheners and perfume post a
real safety issue for me. Had a nightmare about that last night. Ugh.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
Letching Gray (04-19-17), stef (04-19-17)
Old 04-19-17, 08:44 AM
Zen moderator

Thanked 25,291 Times in 12,429 Posts
stef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond repute

I found a super dentist but he retired...

also i got quite annoyed just before that, because he kept trying to sell me an expensive implant (?) (not sure if that's the right word), for a molar

anyway he was just so kind, i had this infected molar and i was so scared i almost fainted (really) and he said dont worry, we wont do anything today, we'll get you on some antibiotics for this right away. rather than scolding me for waiting, etc.
The Following User Says Thank You to stef For This Useful Post:
Letching Gray (04-19-17)
Old 04-19-17, 09:21 AM

Thanked 17,742 Times in 9,492 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

This dentist is great. I don't remember even being there for all of the restorations of the veneers, and that was a HUGE job. He loves me. I love him. Such an artist not to make 8 veneers in front not look like chicklets. Veneers are great, but they have to be replaced every 15 or so years. My third set. He even hombre'd the colour.

Its that tooth cleaning chick with that grating squeaky voice. The music is a Pandora drag and every time it stops I yell out, "F***" because I was just beginning to roll with it. And then she squeakily admonishes me. You know how headphones make you louder. And then it starts all over again, they run out of nitrous and have to change tanks. I suck it down.

At least this dentist doesn't get furious with me. I had one that would throw down the instruments and roll himself away, huffing and puffing at me. GAWD, just keep the tanks full already. I'm paying cash. I used to tell him that and he'd leave grumbling and clanking the instruments until I fell asleep. And to really get him I'd novacainly mumble, "But I dehydrated myself just for you!"

And I have to explain EVERY time, if you just set it at 80% to start so I can SMELL it, then I'm okay but it always turns into a cat fight, thus the 10mg Valium and 1mg Ativan. You'd think I'd just mellow out. And I have to fight to get it turned up. Then the Big Daddy dentist has to roll in the canisters because the integrated system is for...its fake otherwise why the canisters???!!!

I go 4 times a year to suffer. I love my teeth.

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
The Following User Says Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
stef (04-19-17)
Sponsored Links
Old 04-19-17, 09:25 AM

Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

I over do everything.

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
Hermus (04-19-17), stef (04-19-17)
Old 04-19-17, 09:28 AM

And WHY does the battery say 0% not charging?? I hate this.

I gotta slap on some mascara. I have dogs to entertain. And LOL ate her giant desert before dinner and complained the entire time about it and then pronounced it, "Not too bad."

The Following User Says Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
stef (04-19-17)
Old 04-19-17, 10:01 AM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 18,064 Times in 10,376 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

I been remembering stuff. Am i a self centered whiner? I promise i will try and stop being a self centred thinking its all about me whiner if thats what i am being.
Ebony (1st January 2014 - current)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm
All paranoia can go fart in the litter tray.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (04-19-17), Hermus (04-19-17), Letching Gray (04-19-17)
Old 04-19-17, 10:17 AM

Thanked 3,171 Times in 1,634 Posts
acdc01 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightstar View Post
I been remembering stuff. Am i a self centered whiner? I promise i will try and stop being a self centred thinking its all about me whiner if thats what i am being.
What? You seem far from a self-centered whiner to me. In general, most people that even bother to ask themselves that are the exact opposite I think.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to acdc01 For This Useful Post:
aeon (04-19-17), Fuzzy12 (04-19-17), Letching Gray (04-19-17), midnightstar (04-19-17), stef (04-19-17)
Old 04-19-17, 12:25 PM
Banned

Letching Gray has much to be proud ofLetching Gray has much to be proud ofLetching Gray has much to be proud ofLetching Gray has much to be proud ofLetching Gray has much to be proud ofLetching Gray has much to be proud ofLetching Gray has much to be proud ofLetching Gray has much to be proud of

Quote:

if you were, you would still be very lovable. and no, you are not a whiner. you are a brave person, even willing to be vulnerable
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Letching Gray For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (04-19-17), Lunacie (04-19-17), midnightstar (04-19-17), stef (04-19-17)
Old 04-19-17, 01:44 PM

Thanked 26,708 Times in 12,442 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
No you are not and please don't stop posting. I always try to read your posts as I want to know what's going on with you.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (04-19-17), midnightstar (04-19-17)
Old 04-19-17, 02:24 PM

midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

not been doing so well recently, think I'm starting a downhill slide again, therapy starts on the 28th.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
acdc01 (04-19-17), Fuzzy12 (04-19-17), Lunacie (04-19-17), stef (04-19-17)
Old 04-19-17, 04:01 PM

Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute

Very tired. Perpetually worried about fuzzling.

Also I'm really not a very nice person.
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
midnightstar (04-19-17)
Old 04-19-17, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy12 View Post
Very tired. Perpetually worried about fuzzling.

Also I'm really not a very nice person.
Fuzzy you're lovely, such a caring mum and great friend
The Following User Says Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (04-19-17)
Old 04-19-17, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Fuzzy you're lovely, such a caring mum and great friend
Thanks

I'm a fairly bad daughter in law though. I'm still trying to figure out why.

Mil has been really nice but I just can't stop being suspicious and resentful.
Old 04-19-17, 05:01 PM
Mindful moderator

Thanked 5,096 Times in 2,204 Posts
Hermus has a brilliant futureHermus has a brilliant futureHermus has a brilliant futureHermus has a brilliant futureHermus has a brilliant futureHermus has a brilliant futureHermus has a brilliant futureHermus has a brilliant futureHermus has a brilliant futureHermus has a brilliant futureHermus has a brilliant future

Have been mailing my sponsor about one of my deepest sources of shame. Need to get rid of it and shame dies on exposure they say. Only really shared this with my councillor in rehab. In her I had a level of trust that was extraordinary for me. So now I really have to fully expose myself. Glad I did that, but I also feel so vulnerable right now.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hermus For This Useful Post:
aeon (04-19-17), Lunacie (04-19-17)
Old 04-19-17, 05:05 PM

I want this to stop
The Following User Says Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
Hermus (04-19-17)